• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT'S SHOWTIME!!!

tumblr_n08d54quQ21sqr7kvo1_500.gif

This episode went as bad as I was expecting it to. Shame that the only plot detail I was semi-interested in ended up terribly, but it was filler so I can't be too harsh.

Korigama

"You're not gonna lose anymore loved ones, ever again."

Weeeeeellllll...
you'd be quite wrong, Tatsumi. Very, VERY wrong.

It isn't, but at the same time, I've pretty much accepted that it will always be hated here.
You know that whole "greater than the sum of its parts" thing? This is the complete opposite. It's somewhat greater despite its parts.

Were someone to take any random vertical slice of the series or just get a synopses of a few things, it wouldn't seem so bad. But every separate component being pieced together is just The Worst, watching it try to come together.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, this was just BORING. It wasn't even enjoyable bad.

God, I so hope the replacement is so much better.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, this Goosebumps commercial feels....so out of tone compared to its original creepy vibe each book was trying to go for.

Regiruler

*boing boing boing boing*

Interesting camera placement there........

also this Sister drama is not at all well developed. It sucks so bad :(

What we just watched aired 25 years ago in Japan and 16 years ago in English. At some point the statue of limitations on spoilers ends......

What rule are you referring too?
I vehemently disagree. The actual fights in DBZ are a bore at the moment. It is only currently enjoyable from the tension of the unknown outcomes. This also applies to what little drama dbz has left.

In my opinion, you are simply justifying your own carelessness. Vague future spoilers are fine, but for the love of God can you not spoil the next 2 episodes?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ok cool, thanks. This was more mentally stimulating than the entirety of this episode so far.

That duel between Akame and Kurome actually did a good job of maintaining the 180 line. Akame was on the left, Kurome on the right, and the camera remained grounded on that general side of the action throughout. At times their own action and movement made them cross over each other (so that Kurome was occasionally on the left instead at a couple points), but because of the consistent camera position you were able to follow that action and understand it easily.

So strangely the action was presented more competently than the dialogue scenes were.

Actually, I guess that really isn't much of a surprise for this show...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom