• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ZfuqUAY.gif

Crocodile

Of course it starts raining LOL

I will say admit that brief bit of sword-fighting animation at the end was sweet <3

Wave: "Was there no other way to resolve this?"

Well yes, the sisters could have just talked things out like adults but anime is going to anime *shrug*

Basic filmmaking principle. When action is established between two characters/things/whatever on camera, the camera should remain on one side of an imaginary line between the two. This establishes spatial relationships and keeps the audience oriented in the fictional world.

Of course, like any rule, especially in art, it's made to be broken, but you should only be breaking it with deliberate intent. For example, if something spooky or surreal is happening and you want to deliberately put the audience on edge, you can try breaking the line.

The way AGK was doing it earlier, though, was just sloppy camera work as two characters talked and the camera just changed perspective all over the place for no reason.

By the way, talking about the minutiae of cinematography is way more entertaining than what's going on on-screen.

Ok cool, thanks. This was more mentally stimulating than the entirety of this episode so far.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shouldn't Kurome have black marks all over her body? I mean, Akame's sword spreads black marks all over their body when it cuts them.

NICE JOB BREAKING THE RULES!

Sentai's weak direction really isn't helping...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

MORE.

EPISODES.

MORE.

WEEKS.

OMG PLEASE TELL ME NEXT WEEK, SHE LOSES TATSUMI, HER FINAL LOVED ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom