• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.
That duel between Akame and Kurome actually did a good job of maintaining the 180 line. Akame was on the left, Kurome on the right, and the camera remained grounded on that general side of the action throughout. At times their own action and movement made them cross over each other (so that Kurome was occasionally on the left instead at a couple points), but because of the consistent camera position you were able to follow that action and understand it easily.

So strangely the action was presented more competently than the dialogue scenes were.

Actually, I guess that really isn't much of a surprise for this show...

This is something I didn't notice while watching, but now that you mention it, you're totally right.

Korigama

You know that whole "greater than the sum of its parts" thing? This is the complete opposite. It's somewhat greater despite its parts.

Were someone to take any random vertical slice of the series or just get a synopses of a few things, it wouldn't seem so bad. But every separate component being pieced together is just The Worst, watching it try to come together.
Oh, there's no question that it still falls short of what it could be. But considering that we've also had to sit through M&H (had to mention it again just for boring me so), SAO I & II, and Tenchi Muyo! GXP...yeah, I'll still take this. Ideally, we'll get something that comes together better next time.

AgK manga spoilers:
Akame and Kurome did have their battle there, but Wave actually succeeded in saving Kurome then. Furthermore, not only did Kurome live, she went on to defect from the Empire with Wave, had her Imperial Arms destroyed by him, stopped eating those cookies (which, as some of ToonamiGAF speculated, did carry those drugs she had been dosed with), and even made amends with Akame.
wave and mastema?
Wave and Run. Mastema's the latter's Imperial Arms.

ckohler

Something_Wicked_This_Way_Comes_(1983_movie_poster).jpg

Good movie, btw.

Soulflarz

Banned
Uhm
Did I miss something or did the plot just skip some leaps and bounds in order to get us here in the past episode.

Also our protagonist is freaking out way too heavily for someone whos braindead.

That duel between Akame and Kurome actually did a good job of maintaining the 180 line. Akame was on the left, Kurome on the right, and the camera remained grounded on that general side of the action throughout. At times their own action and movement made them cross over each other (so that Kurome was occasionally on the left instead at a couple points), but because of the consistent camera position you were able to follow that action and understand it easily.

So strangely the action was presented more competently than the dialogue scenes were.

Actually, I guess that really isn't much of a surprise for this show...

I'm jealous that you can notice these things while you watch a show.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Migi should be a GPS system.

"lol taking me away from the public to a private place to stand still, you weirdo"

Knowing how the manga seems to go I'm guessing it involved rape? :(

Or was it actually well done in the manga?

It didn't involve rape, but it wasn't well done either.

And I say that as someone that likes the manga. The way the conflict plays out straight up betrays what character development everyone involved got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom