• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb16| Dimension Dub-For-You

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

12 episodes? Sigh, I guess it's a temporary measure...

Gonna have to find another replacement quickly.

This is kind of like Space Dandy where Toonami gets to air the dub even while the show is still airing in Japan. So, in that sense, this makes a lot of sense and I can see why they want to show it. I was actually worried AgK's replacement was going to be a another repeat or rerun but, instead, this is brand new which is what the block needs.

Moaradin

Color me surprised. Disnt expect AS to drop money on an exclusivity deal. So whst's DW about? Can anyone give me a quick synopsis?

In the not-so-distant future, humans have done the impossible and found a seemingly infinite source of energy. By tapping into the newly discovered fourth plane, Dimension W, they are able to harness that energy using "coils."

By 2071, manufacture of coils have come to be monopolized by the New Tesla energy company, which led to the appearance of unofficial, non-Tesla coils manufactured by private companies. Collectors are hired to confiscate these illegal coils for a bounty.

Kyouma is one such Collector. He dislikes all coils to the degree where he doesn't even use them in his daily life. On one coil-collecting mission, he bumps into a robot girl powered entirely by coils, and they enter into a hesitant partnership in order to achieve their goals.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Whats dimension W
You see, Soul, we live in the 3rd dimension (or 3D if you will), comprised of 3 planes; X, Y, & Z. Dimension W refers to a 4th dimension (or 4D) with two additional cardinal directions, coined ana and kata, from the Greek words meaning "up toward" and "down from", and a position along the w axis can be called spissitude.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Color me surprised. Disnt expect AS to drop money on an exclusivity deal. So whst's DW about? Can anyone give me a quick synopsis?

Official synopsis:

Synopsis:

In the year 2071, the world’s energy problems seem solved by a network of cross-dimensional electric-field inductors- “coils” -that extract energy from a seemingly infinite source. That source is the W dimension, a fourth plane that exists beyond the X, Y, and Z dimensions.

In this world, unofficial “illegal” coils harness powers that the police can’t hope to counter. Dealing with these coils is the job of coil-hating repo man Kyoma, whose run-in with the unique coil android Mira leads the two to form a reluctant partnership.

kewlmyc

Haven't been able to participate in Toonami threads in a while. How are things going with Akame ga Kill and Parasyte? Last episodes I saw were
the chick getting her head put on a spike and the crazy parasyte dude getting one shotted with a rock.
. I've seen both shows through to completion, but I just wanted to know how ToonamiGAF is handling both shows.

Also Dimension W seems like an odd get, but I'll enjoy watching it with you guys.

Mizerman

Haven't been able to participate in Toonami threads in a while. How are things going with Akame ga Kill and Parasyte? Last episodes I saw were
the chick getting her head put on a spike and the crazy parasyte dude getting one shotted with a rock.
. I've seen both shows through to completion, but I just wanted to know how ToonamiGAF is handling both shows.

Also Dimension W seems like an odd get, but I'll enjoy watching it with you guys.

Kurome died after facing off against Akame. Mine died of injuries after defeating Fake Raoh.

Raxus

Well shit. Guess I should stop watching the sub then. So far it is a solid show. Not the anime of the year but it is fun at least.

In B4 fanservice girl

kewlmyc

It's not odd at all. Funi is on the production committee for it, people were saying it would be on Toonami when it was announced months ago.

I haven't been keeping track of who's been making it or anything. All I've seen is people talking/posting pictures of the cute android girl, so I assumed that's what the show was about.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ya know, with Parasyte ending the exact same day as Kill la Kill, maybe we'll get lucky & the rerun slot will go to Parasyte instead of Akame?

Guessing right near the end of March, we'll learn what's replacing Parasyte.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DeMarco says they'll talk about how they got the show on next week's pre-flight.

I'll see if he answers my question about the rerun slot.

Grexeno

Ya know, with Parasyte ending the exact same day as Kill la Kill, maybe we'll get lucky & the rerun slot will go to Parasyte instead of Akame?

Guessing right near the end of March, we'll learn what's replacing Parasyte.
It'll be Akame ga Kill and there is nothing any of us can do about it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not really sure what could even qualify as a "BIG surprise." It would have to be like a Jojo Part 4 simuldub or something along those lines to really fit that billing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One Punch Man dub premiere.

Beeelliiieeevvveeeeeee

...............but Jojo Part 4 simuldub would be awesome as well, despite the fact it's going to total 50+ episodes considering it's slightly longer than Part 3.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm not really sure what could even qualify as a "BIG surprise." It would have to be like a Jojo Part 4 simuldub or something along those lines to really fit that billing.

Megas XLR revival.
No! That's too good, that will never happen.

God, Megas XLR was way too ahead of its time...

Crocodile

Dimension W is a fine show though I kind of expected it to be a better show than it has been so far. Hearing its 12 episodes kind of surprises me though - its not paced at all like a 12 episode show. I wonder if that's a mis-report?

I will say that more simlu-dubs or near simlu-dubs are only a good thing for Toonami. Wish they were able to start the show on Toonami the same time as it aired in Japan. Now we'll always be like 7 weeks behind Japan.

For all the lol Sentai lol stuff that's posted in here, I would place Parasyte's dub above things like Bleach or Inuyasha.

If Shinichi's VA was a bit less generally awkward at exclamations, I'd even call it good.

I dunno if I agree with this. I mean its clear the cast of the Bleach dub stopped giving a fuck halfway through but I'd still say its a good dub. Inuyasha seemed fine to me too.

The show has a plot dump at the very beginning explaining the 4th dimension and it's pretty dumb lol

Is that any different than the Gold Roger bit at the start of almost all One Piece episodes?

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Super before Buu Kai.
World Premiere of the HxH dub.
A gundam show outta nowhere.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
One Punch Man dub premiere.

Beeelliiieeevvveeeeeee

...............but Jojo Part 4 simuldub would be awesome as well, despite the fact it's going to total 50+ episodes considering it's slightly longer than Part 3.

Everybody expects/wants One Punch Man, though. Wouldn't really a "BIG surprise." Would just be big news.

Man God there is a person with Haar as their avatar except its the Path of Radiance version and not the Radiant Dawn one in the Fire Emblem OT and its throwin me off so bad

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Man God there is a person with Haar as their avatar except its the Path of Radiance version and not the Radiant Dawn one in the Fire Emblem OT and its throwin me off so bad

I saw that guy too and it made me do a double take.
It's similar, yet different enough that neither are breaking the "same avatar" rule.

Mizerman

There's a completely simple explanation for that.

...Man God is secretly a clone sent to replace everybody -- avatar or no -- with the intention of fulfilling his Non-Canon agenda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom