• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Oh sweet I've got Space Dandy dub on demand thru xfinity sweet

I definitely appreciate being able to legally watch most of the shows if I miss a week, which I do semi-frequently. I'll catch up on Space Dandy tonight.

Not sure when I'll get around to the Trigun movie :/

He is still my...nakama

Someone once replied to me saying 'NAKAMA!'. I didn't know what it meant at the time. I thought it was an insult. lol

I know it was pretty obvious, but it's sad to have confirmation. What have we done?

Br2JdNR.png

GXP didn't have hype or a huge marketing push behind it like Dandy. It could've done less than 1M and I think DeMarco would say he wasn't disappointed with the ratings week 1.

GXP didn't have hype or a huge marketing push behind it like Dandy. It could've done less than 1M and I think DeMarco would say he wasn't disappointed with the ratings week 1.

If the ratings weren't in line with their expectations we'd probably get more of a dodge response like "ratings aren't a one night thing there an ongoing thing" etc etc.

If the ratings weren't in line with their expectations we'd probably get more of a dodge response like "ratings aren't a one night thing there an ongoing thing" etc etc.

I doubt that, DeMarco would probably avoid the question or deny. That seems to fit his personality more than spinning things, he seems like a pretty proud guy.

I doubt that, DeMarco would probably avoid the question or deny. That seems to fit his personality more than spinning things, he seems like a pretty proud guy.

Well when the guy in charged of Toonami said absolutely when asked if Space Dandy did well why would you assume he's lying?

Well when the guy in charged of Toonami said absolutely when asked if Space Dandy did well why would you assume he's lying?

Um, maybe because DeMarco doesn't like to admit that he's wrong? Like with filler? Also why the heck would you come out and say "lol yeah Dandy didn't meet expectations, hopefully we have better luck next week" when this show has been hyped up and marketed more than any other anime in recent memory on Adult Swim? Of course he's going to say the show did fine.

I'd guess that DeMarco is at least a little disappointed over the week 1 Dandy ratings, but not freaking out in the slightest. I mean, there's been a lot of shock around the internet at the lower than expected ratings (heck, read this thread for proof), but the head honcho of toonami is never going to come out and say that it didn't meet expectations.

Clearly this is speculation on my part. Nobody truly knows what DeMarco is thinking besides himself but I don't think I'm reaching by being skeptical *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom