• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, interesting. I guess I have no knowledge or interest to it at all ATM, haha. When I saw it pop up on Neflix, the most thought given to it was "HEY, that's pretty relevant!...." and then I proceeded to just not care.

So many Shonen, so many Names, so many Powers... I guess I'll have to see at least some of it eventually! (especially if it came to Toonami...)

Fairy Tail is basically the Sam's Choice of shonen.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Go read To Love Ru Darkness if you want to see how much shit someone can get away with in a children's manga. There's full on vag hidden in that, sometimes in plain sight.
To be fair, the original series, which had censors, shifted from Weekly Shonen Jump to Jump Square, which is meant for older teens, with Darkness.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Go read To Love Ru Darkness if you want to see how much shit someone can get away with in a children's manga. There's full on vag hidden in that, sometimes in plain sight.

I wonder if such mangaka ever stop for a second and think "I'm trying my best to show the most explicit sexual situations to the youngest audience possible!", haha. Do they ever have a "What am I DOING with my life?!?" moment, or is the money, attention and controversy enough to just not care?

*suddenly, I want to make a TV series out of punking Japanese artist by forcing them to face their must unlikely, uncomfortable fans in the most random places*

I'd imagine most would look like

745ffa48abe22248580af451d86cbf5f-d516lsy.png
tumblr_inline_mqmjhwo4zj1qz4rgp.png

Fairy Tail is basically the Sam's Choice of shonen.

I guess that's better than being the K-mart or Dollar General Brand! I always feel a bit required to see shows like that, so I don't have to walk around, staring at cosplayers, thinking

tumblr_ls8eu9Dlzx1qamy78o3_250.gif
tumblr_ls8eu9Dlzx1qamy78o4_250.gif

How convenient that the opponent in this race just decides to take a break so our characters can heal after losing to the rain ninja

Edit: LOL WTF was that shit, "YOU ALL FAIL" that was so dumb

It's exactly the same but with ninjas!

The hare took a break because he thought the Tortoise would never catch him cause he's too slow, the other runner took a break because he thought the Tortoise was deader then dead. Also the hare in this story started to run still thinking the other guy is dead. I get what you're saying though, it is a take on that tale for sure

LOL Lightsaber what is this

LOLDSFAN

So bothering DeMarco about the OP is something we need to do now? Ok. Guess that would mark off one of the negatives to the dub. if we could get the original OP.

Replying to a conversation multiple pages ago.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've mentioned this before but what I'm most interested in (besides gifs, FT has great gifs) is that I know Fairy Tail will force the powers that be to add Rave Master to the prewatch.

Now that's a truly WTF dub that will cause people to post.

I've mentioned this before but what I'm most interested in (besides gifs, FT has great gifs) is that I know Fairy Tail will force the powers that be to add Rave Master to the prewatch.

Now that's a truly WTF dub that will cause people to post.

what's wrong with the dub? i never watched it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's some other absolutely bizarre dialog choices in there that really don't seem to fit in with the rest of show.

I've never bothered watching it in Japanese (the show might just be that strange) but I'm willing to bet some liberties were taken.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man Kishi was in a zen like trance writing the Sause Retrieval arc, seriously this is the peak of the writing in the series.

Yep. Completely different. Even Sakura is treated believably here.

The talk no jutsu of Naruto at the end is fantastic as well.

Yep. Completely different. Even Sakura is treated believably here.

The talk no jutsu of Naruto at the end is fantastic as well.

What? No. Sakura is extra terrible in this arc. She's inoffensive at most times, but this is one of the times where her crappiness really shines.

MikeMyers

Wait is the only reason Mike Meyers likes Kiba so much is that he has the same VA as Koga?

I started watching the series during the Retravel arc when the Sakon fight was going on and remember thinking it was the most badass thing ever.

Then I watched the rest of part 1....:(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kiba has a good run in the filler. Fleshes out the whole animal trainer family thing. Is in a bunch more comedy sports.

To be fair though everyone gets buried in Shippuden including characters introduced in Shippuden. If you aren't Naruto or the Sauce or one of the villains you ain't shit, well besides Shikamaru's one moment of awesome.

Kiba has a good run in the filler. Fleshes out the whole animal trainer family thing. Is in a bunch more comedy sports.

To be fair though everyone gets buried in Shippuden including characters introduced in Shippuden. If you aren't Naruto or the Sauce or one of the villains you ain't shit, well besides Shikamaru's one moment of awesome.

Kakashi and Jiraya also get some moments of awesome

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sakura does also get one moment of awesome. Bringing her awesome total up to one. I don't count not passing out in the stadium because c'mon.

She really needed an amazing Genjutsu to go along with her super strength and medical skills.

Sakura does also get one moment of awesome. Bringing her awesome total up to one. I don't count not passing out in the stadium because c'mon.

She really needed an amazing Genjutsu to go along with her super strength and medical skills.

Or for Kishi to you know, actually write some scenes for characters who aren't Naruto and the Sause.

I guess Sakura was acting like a dumb 13 year old (even though she's supposed to be the smart one) but it still makes me cringe to see her be so pathetic. And then she continues that type of behavior later in life. Damn you, Kishi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom