• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
And 1,2,3.....

I feel like Toonami GAF is a collective of awesome people who all have input in how this thread goes. Seda is like the rich guy who has the money/power to make things happen.

Nah, we're much smaller than most other communities. We're definitely close enough to have a leader.

If Seda hadn't been made a mod would we have considered him Toonami gaf's leader?

He made the majority of the OTs, was an active participant in the community, and seemed to be one of the more level headed, rational posters.

Before his name went red I didn't consider him the 'leader' of toonami gaf, just one of the core group of regulars who also happened to be a good poster. Now that he's a moderator, and generally the only one who participates in the thread, I do consider him to be in that role. He still makes the majority of threads and is an active participant, but now has the ability to make edits and ban. Leaders generally have a disproportionate amount of power, whether that be hard or soft.

I considered him our leader even before he became a mod. Now he just happens to have a connection to the mods.

Obviously with his mod powers Seda is the leader, my original question was when did we elect him? We didn't evillore made him a mod. You were criticising him for not doing his job as a leader, and I said he did his job fine asking a question that people wanted an answer to. Just because he didn't ask the question you wanted him to answer doesn't mean he did a bad job as toonami gaf's leader.

He made the majority of the OTs, was an active participant in the community, and seemed to be one of the more level headed, rational posters.

Before his name went red I didn't consider him the 'leader' of toonami gaf, just one of the core group of regulars who also happened to be a good poster. Now that he's a moderator, and generally the only one who participates in the thread, I do consider him to be in that role. He still makes the majority of threads and is an active participant, but now has the ability to make edits and ban. Leaders generally have a disproportionate amount of power, whether that be hard or soft.

I agree with this, my original question was when did we vote seda as leader after schaden accused him of doing a bad job as elected toonami gaf leader. Elected means we voted for him (I would have voted for him for what its worth)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't trust a leader who doesn't feel at least a little bit apprehensive about his or her role, but that's just the type of man I was when I was alive.

We nees more Dandy now!

I can get on board with that

tumblr_mz0zq5iSre1qg78wpo1_500.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Imagine people were expecting to watch this mess when Toonami exploded back onto the scene

"Oh great, they're showing The Room again. Better get out the booze for the drinking ga- WHAT THE FUCK?! ToonamI? TOM? Bleach? Dragon Ball Z? WHAT IS GOING ON?"

2013's April Fool's was pretty lame though...

BatDan

What was their 2013 april fools?

They showed some of their live-action shows (Eagleheart, NTSF:SD:SUV, Newsreaders) only they imposed cat faces onto the main character's heads. They also called the block [meow meow]

Basically, cats.

I came across a sentence long description of the 2nd episode of Space Dandy...not sure if I should use a spoiler tag or not post it at all...

I'm going to go with the 2nd option.

If you want to know I guess I can send a PM? I don't think it spoils anything.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They showed some of their live-action shows (Eagleheart, NTSF:SD:SUV, Newsreaders) only they imposed cat faces onto the main character's heads. They also called the block [meow meow]

Basically, cats.

I do have to applaud the effort it took though.

I came across a sentence long episode description of the 2nd episode of Space Dandy...not sure if I should use a spoiler tag or not post it at all...I'm going to go with the 2nd option. If you want to know I guess I can send a PM? I don't think it spoils anything.

Just post it! Or pm me I guess lol

BatDan

Next time April Fools coincides with Toonami, they should show The Room.

FULL CIRCLE

That won't be until 2017 or 2018. If Toonami is still around by then, they should do a "worst of anime" block, showing Pilot Candidate, Super Milk-chan, Reign the Conqueror, Tenchi Muyo GXP, and whatever else.

Raxus

Next time April Fools coincides with Toonami, they should show The Room.

FULL CIRCLE

You're tearing me apart 789.
That won't be until 2017 or 2018. If Toonami is still around by then, they should do a "worst of anime" block, showing Pilot Candidate, Super Milk-chan, Reign the Conqueror, Tenchi Muyo GXP, and whatever else.
We can do much much much much much worse.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Shows how little I know about Fairy Tale, I wouldn't expect it to be fanservicey. Screw those "new" anime, I'mma go back and watch oldschool awesome stuff like... err... ok, the last anime I just watched was "Project A-Ko" again, so this isn't helping...

I usually read your posts

And I thank ya for that, btw :)

It's funny coming back to this thread after a while, and having no idea what in the world has gone on since last one looked. The jumps can be so unpredictable!

I was just surprised nobody else responded this sooner.

Maybe I shoulda sketched on during Summer War's "All the old people are dying!" night, ha. (old man Fu yells at flying Nimbus?)

Congrats on full Memba-ship, btw.

He looks like a Gurren Lagann villain.

The whole things with the "Bad guys" kept making me feel as if we just jumped into a scene with the Spiral King in early Gurren, mixed with the space-faring of the later episodes. Kinda makes me wonder...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Shows how little I know about Fairy Tale, I wouldn't expect it to be fanservicey. Screw those "new" anime, I'mma go back and watch oldschool awesome stuff like... err... ok, the last anime I just watched was "Project A-Ko" again, so this isn't helping...

And I thank ya for that, btw :)

It's funny coming back to this thread after a while, and having no idea what in the world has gone on since last one looked. The jumps can be so unpredictable!

Maybe I shoulda sketched on during Summer War's "All the old people are dying!" night, ha. (old man Fu yells at flying Nimbus?)

Congrats on full Memba-ship, btw.

The whole things with the "Bad guys" kept making me feel as if we just jumped into a scene with the Spiral King in early Gurren, mixed with the space-faring of the later episodes. Kinda makes me wonder...
When fairy tale started to come out, I read the manga, over a hundred pages worth i believe, not sure, and then I watched the anime and was disappointed with all the censoring

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
When fairy tale started to come out, I read the manga, over a hundred pages worth i believe, not sure, and then I watched the anime and was disappointed with all the censoring

Hmm, interesting. I guess I have no knowledge or interest to it at all ATM, haha. When I saw it pop up on Neflix, the most thought given to it was "HEY, that's pretty relevant!...." and then I proceeded to just not care.

So many Shonen, so many Names, so many Powers... I guess I'll have to see at least some of it eventually! (especially if it came to Toonami...)

I stopped reading Fairy Tale long ago but poor Lucy is at the whims of the author's boob fetish.

That did lead to a pretty funny moment in the last arc where

WAAAAAAAY later FT spoilers that not even the anime has covered yet

Lucy fights a dragon that has a magic that makes clothing disappear, this of course hits her and she gets sent flying into Natsu, Natsu says he'll protect her boobs and grabs them from the front

Was a glorious moment for shippers, and a moment that made DTL cry

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That did lead to a pretty funny moment in the last arc where

WAAAAAAAY later FT spoilers that not even the anime has covered yet

Lucy fights a dragon that has a magic that makes clothing disappear, this of course hits her and she gets sent flying into Natsu, Natsu says he'll protect her boobs and grabs them from the front

Was a glorious moment for shippers, and a moment that made DTL cry

How Mashima keeps getting away with this shit astounds me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom