• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

That only really applies to F. Trunks and arguably Piccolo

Yajirobe: Badass in his debut, does nothing rest of the series outside of that cheapshot of cutting Vegetas tail.

Gohan: Wins the Cell Games and becomes main character, loses every fight in the Buu arc and is written out of the story.

Tenshinhan: Had a great match with Goku at the 22nd Budokai, one arc later he loses to a henchmen that Goku one-shots.

Yajirobe: Badass in his debut, does nothing rest of the series outside of that cheapshot of cutting Vegetas tail.

Gohan: Wins the Cell Games and becomes main character, loses every fight in the Buu arc and is written out of the story.

Tenshinhan: Had a great match with Goku at the 22nd Budokai, one arc later he loses to a henchmen that Goku one-shots.

Only Yajirobe remotely fits as Tien and Gohan do lots for the rest of the series even if they never win major battles. Heck I take back what I said about Piccolo and F. Trunks as even if they mostly job that's still doing something which is more then absolutely nothing. Heck I'd say even cheer leading like Bulma is still doing something

MikeMyers

Well if you're going through story relevance then they are all pretty omnipresent then. Launch and Chiaotzu are the only ones he seemed to literally forget.

Gohan has the whole 'Saiyaman' phase and gets a big fight against Buu.

Tien delays Cell from achieving perfect form for a while.

Yajirobe is the only case you can really make but nobody cares about him.

Well if you're going through story relevance then they are all pretty omnipresent then. Launch and Chiaotzu are the only ones he seemed to literally forget.

What I say "don't do shit the rest of the series" I mean is barely seen, isn't relevant, and does barely anything the few times they show up.

Dunno if anyone has backloggery but I've put a lot of effort into mine which I got the other day so add me if you have it BassForever as always

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wait, Kurapika is a dude?

Even more obvious than Crona...

Also my favorite HxH character by far. I also like Illumi.

tumblr_mw2eccqi261qmm87po1_1280.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Future Trunks does get his revenge when all his training in the past makes him super duper overpowered for the fights in the future.

Hell the whole reason Cell comes back to the past in the first place is that in another barely touched upon future caused from him warning the Z Warriors he comes back from that time and whoops his own future's much less developed Androids, causing Cell to kill him and gank his ride.

After the Hyberbolic time chamber he is like level 80 while Imperfect Cell is 50 and the androids are 35 and he kills the fuck out of them.

Future Trunks does get his revenge when all his training in the past makes him super duper overpowered for the fights in the future.

Hell the whole reason Cell comes back to the past in the first place is that in another barely touched upon future caused from him warning the Z Warriors he comes back from that time and whoops his own future's much less developed Androids, causing Cell to kill him and gank his ride.

After the Hyberbolic time chamber he is like level 80 while Imperfect Cell is 50 and the androids are 35 and he kills the fuck out of them.

That's just part of the Worf syndrome that occasionally you have to let Worf win to remind people he is in fact a bad ass. F. Trunks is basically a sandwich his first and final appearance is ultimate bad ass and the rest is job city

MikeMyers

That's just part of the Worf syndrome that occasionally you have to let Worf win to remind people he is in fact a bad ass. F. Trunks is basically a sandwich his first and final appearance is ultimate bad ass and the rest is job city

Technically, Trunks beat Vegeta in a match during the middle part of the Cell arc. Vegeta didn't expect his son to actually hit him and got knocked away.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He does end up doing the j-o-b to a grade school girl with no powers when he has a fireball shooting demon staff, so, yep, jobber.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
And then some random little girl gets more attention from LORD SESSHOMARU.

A tragic character indeed Jaken is.

He benefits the most from Sesshy's growth as a man. Sure being replaced by an adorable grade school girl must sting but in his early appearances he is legit worried that if he says the wrong thing Sesshomaru will straight up MURDER him or at the least beat the shit out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom