• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Endings are way better than the openings, though I do really like the Openings.

I love how Sesshy basically dies off camera in this episode...until they reveal how OP his sword is.

EDIT: Hey Koga, remember that time you slaughtered Rin's village because some random thief with a sacred jewel shard happened to wander into her village and killed everyone there? Fun times, fun times.

I find it harder to rank the HxH main 4 because they're all so incredibly awesome, Leorio is my favorite but after that Gon, Killua, and Kurapika are all pretty great. I guess Kurapika is probably my "least favorite" only because he
gets dropped from the story for after the arc that focuses on his character

YYH it's way easier for me to rate because I found Yusuke and Kuwabara to be annoying for most of the series run, I still enjoyed them but sometimes/frequently I wanted to punch both of them.

Also episode 133 of Naruto this animation so good :D

TheChits

Leorio was always my favorite character in HxH which I found odd after I found Kuwabara the worst character in YYH.

Leorio is a stud but...
12.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I find it harder to rank the HxH main 4 because they're all so incredibly awesome, Leorio is my favorite but after that Gon, Killua, and Kurapika are all pretty great. I guess Kurapika is probably my "least favorite" only because he
gets dropped from the story for after the arc that focuses on his character

YYH it's way easier for me to rate because I found Yusuke and Kuwabara to be annoying for most of the series run, I still enjoyed them but sometimes/frequently I wanted to punch both of them.

Also episode 133 of Naruto this animation so good :D

Do your mind a favor and watch the first episode of filler when you are done. The contrast between the best animation of the series and the worst is a trip onto itself.

I think my favorite so far has to be between Leorio and Killua. Leorio is cool because I thought he was gonna be a total scumbag but he's actually really cool and he truly cares about the others. I think Killua is hilarious because he's this super deadly assassin but he still acts like a kid.

Do your mind a favor and watch the first episode of filler when you are done. The contrast between the best animation of the series and the worst is a trip onto itself.

Haha okay, I was planning to stop tonight once I finish canon but I'll watch that first filler episode to see how bad it is.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Please, they were the greatest. I'd watch a series with them just going to school, doing their daily stuff and shitting on each other.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What sort of alternate universe have I entered where people actually don't like Kuwabara?

I get ranking him fourth because you like the angry guy with the spiky hair and the bishie more. But not liking him? Really? Really?

God this animation, this fight is raising in my list of best series fights because of how damn sexy it is

Leorio barely counts as a character in HxH though. He's pretty much gone after the opening arc!

The Kurapika might as well not exist either for the same reason, at least Leorio
comes back for the Election arc and has the second biggest role next to Killua

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
God this animation, this fight is raising in my list of best series fights because of how damn sexy it is

The Kurapika might as well not exist either for the same reason, at least Leorio

Leorio was godtier in that arc, holy shit. He was such a goddamn bro.

You forgot Kaede, Kanna, Myoga, & Totosai.

I said main characters, Kanna is the only one in that group who could classify and she's never around/shown. Kaede and Myoga at one point were arguably main characters but they've dropped off the way Yamcha did in later DB/Z and are fairly minor reoccuing characters now. Totosai is clearly just a reoccuring minor character

bigkrev

Kurapika is the main character of
York Shin Arc!

Naruto rankings top 15 (or else I'll be here all day)

1. Kakashi
2. Itachi
3. Orochimaru
4. Tobi
5. Shikamaru
6. Gaara
7. Jiraya
- Kabuto
8. Rock Lee
9. Hinata
10. Sasuke
11. Kurama
12. Naruto
13. Neji
14. Shino
15. Zabuza

Edit: Totally forgot Kabuto, fixed list of where I'd put him but leaving the original up just cause

Kurapika is the main character of
York Shin Arc!

Oh I'm not denying that, and that arc is awesome and he's awesome in it, but after that I don't think he appears again or is even name mentioned until the second to last chapter where he has one panel + the two side chapters focusing on his back story

Lets do One Piece next! Main crew shown up to this point on toonami only.

1. Sanji
2. Luffy
3. Zoro
4. Robin
5. Nami
6. Chopper
7. Usopp

Mine is pretty close to yours

1. Sanji
2. Chopper
3. Luffy
4. Zoro
5. Robin
6. Nami
7. Usopp

Really Luffy and Zoro I flip flop on constantly which I prefer more, but they consistently rank 3rd to 4th
or 4th to 5th once the 9th joins

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Backstory too, Nami and Robin have great backstory

That I cry at every time I get to it. I don't even care that they are sexy ladies, they have my favorite arcs in all of One Piece. Chopper too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom