• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a schedule Comcast has listed for February 1st

Space Dandy
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Soul Eater
Sword Art Online
GITS: SAC
Naruto
FMA: Brotherhood
Samurai Jack
IGPX
The Clone Wars
InuYasha

this seems too damn weird to be true if you ask me.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Lets do One Piece next! Main crew shown up to this point on toonami only.

1. Sanji
2. Luffy
3. Zoro
4. Robin
5. Nami
6. Chopper
7. Usopp

Are we counting only their characterizations up to this point in Toonami or their characters overall in the series? Cuz those two lists would be very very different (for example, Usopp > everyone else in the later).

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Space Dandy
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Soul Eater
Sword Art Online
Naruto
Samurai Jack
IGPX
The Clone Wars
InuYasha

Moved up GITS so people don't fall asleep during it seems like a good idea going by this thread.

Space Dandy
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Soul Eater
Sword Art Online
Naruto
Samurai Jack
IGPX
The Clone Wars
InuYasha

I'd be totally cool with this because it'd make GitS a hell of a lot easier to watch at 2:30AM and Samurai Jack with no dialogue 90% would be an easier watch at 4AM

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For every action packed visual orgasm episode of Samurai Jack there is another calm and serene one that'll definitely prime the boring pump that IGPX already is.

EDIT: Samurai Jack is basically IGPX level free to air. They're putting it on because they finally wrangled permission out of CN who had been showing it every once in awhile on Boomerang.

LOLDSFAN

Space Dandy
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Soul Eater
Sword Art Online
Naruto
Samurai Jack
IGPX
The Clone Wars
InuYasha

That'd be disappointing. I'd miss Samurai Jack. :[

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
if Jack premieres at 4am that means we probably won't get a promo for it :(

That's too bad, those would be some godtier promos. Didn't Toonami used to air Jack sometimes anyway? There's probably one or two of the old ones still floating around somewhere.

Bleach Top 15 (cause like Naruto I don't want to be here all day)

1. Urahara
2. Aizen
3. Kenpachi
4. Byakuya
5. Gin
6. Uqlorria
7. Grimmjow
-Rukia
8. Ichigo
9. Renji
10. Uriyu
11. Stark
12. Yamato
13. Unohana
14. Tatski
15. Isshin (Ichigo's Dad)

Edit: Forgot Rukia, fixed list but leaving old one up

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bleach Top 15 (cause like Naruto I don't want to be here all day)

1. Urahara
2. Aizen
3. Kenpachi
4. Byakuya
5. Gin
6. Uqlorria
7. Grimmjow
8. Ichigo
9. Renji
10. Uriyu
11. Stark
12. Yamato
13. Unohana
14. Tatski
15. Isshin (Ichigo's Dad)

Stark? When did Iron Man join the cast of Bleach? I'd watch the shit out of that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bleach names are dumb and hard to remember.

I like Baldy, Orohime, Rukia, Chad, Qunicy guy with glasses, the cat, Ichigo's dad, both his sisters, Tatsuke and that's about it.

Bleach names are dumb and hard to remember.

I like Baldy, Orohime, Rukia, Chad, Qunicy guy with glasses, the cat, Ichigo's dad, both his sisters, Tatsuke and that's about it.

I never found names hard to remember (manga reading) until they got to the Vizored/Arracar when they introduced waaaay too many of them waaaay too quickly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I never found names hard to remember (manga reading) until they got to the Vizored/Arracar when they introduced waaaay too many of them waaaay too quickly.

EXACTLY. I used to know all these names from reading the manga, then they literally introduced thirty characters in about two months and I went, yep, don't care anymore.

hey, even i know Uryu (Quincy) and Yoruichi (cat). Ikkaku (baldy) took me a while.

I knew all those names but didn't want to butcher their spellings/was too lazy to look them up

The Fake Town arc needs Final Act-esque pacing.

It'd still be too damn long because the source material it's based upon is too damn long, even if you cut every fight down to 1 episode it's still be like 30-35 episodes from the time the captains show up at Hueco Mundo to the point Ichigo and Aizen start their final fight

Final Act has REALLY fast pacing, every fight would probably be like 1 minute.

As much as we like joking about Bleach characters spending too much time explaining their powers, Bleach fights would be really hard to follow at times without them because of how weird the powers can be at times

Crocodile

Late to the party but Ultimate Anime Hero is gawdlike! Lost it at the Bleach part :p

One Piece Character rankings

1. Luffy (when he's being a badass)
2. Zoro
3. Nami
4. Usopp
5. Robin
6. Sanji
7. Chopper
8. Luffy (ANY time he's not being a badass)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
As much as we like joking about Bleach characters spending too much time explaining their powers, Bleach fights would be really hard to follow at times without them because of how weird the powers can be at times

I sort of like how HxH does it, they have freakier powers but with just a single box of exposition explaining it to the reader and not the others.

I sort of like how HxH does it, they have freakier powers but with just a single box of exposition explaining it to the reader and not the others.

Yeah, or have an omniscient narrator explain the power to the audience, still I do find it kind of cool (when done correctly) when a character in a shonen fight goes "this is my power and how it works and nothing you can do can stop it" and then said character stomps using said power.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, or have an omniscient narrator explain the power to the audience, still I do find it kind of cool (when done correctly) when a character in a shonen fight goes "this is my power and how it works and nothing you can do can stop it" and then said character stomps using said power.

Honestly I like how HxH handles it the best, that and how Naruto handled explaining Pain's power.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

omniscient narrator is a product of the 90s and 80s, it works with HXH but wouldnt fly for more modern anime like bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom