• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

Have them ride in on A-Un, too! Full Transformation for big battles, and "Help! Lord Sesshomaru!" called by Rin as an absolute parry / teleport setup, that critically wounds 2 opponents (the one currently being fought by Sesshomaru, and the one that DARED HARM RIN.)

rinrun.gif

Angelfire! Now that brings back memory.

Rewatching the series with a friend and the earlier episodes are actually my least favourite. Needs more Rin and Jaken chemistry for the FEELS.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
You'll have to settle for a Super Robot Wars game that has Big O, Gundam, Evangelion, & Code Geass together.

....oh, & also Gurren Lagann, Full Metal Panic, Gunbuster, and a bunch more. I recall there was one with Eureka 7 in it, but they're not in the newest one.

Doh, now I have to sit and feel unfortunate for never getting a SRW games in my native language for the 100th time... THANKS! :( and... THANKS! :D

When's the last time Big O appeared in anything relevant in Japan? Much like GoLion's appearance in SRW, it just makes me wish for a western release that much more :-/

Angelfire! Now that brings back memory.

Rewatching the series with a friend and the earlier episodes are actually my least favourite. Needs more Rin and Jaken chemistry for the FEELS.

I wanna feel this way for Geocities too, but they're a bit too dead...

I rather like the dark, moody feel of early Inuyasha. Yura and the Thunder Bros. just seem like perfect older-anime villans, in a way. The Plot doesn't have as much Backstory to work with (wait, what?), so it feels a bit more like it depends on Takahashi's love of folk monsters and fairy tales, rather than the internal struggles of the shows cast.

They also seem to like throwing naked Kagome around a lot more early on, in retrospect. Showers! Baths! Stewed with Peaches! Of course, as they show goes on, and we (assume) she ages, they suddenly do this less...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
EXACTLY. Funny thing is not all the important characters are introduced by 40. That's right before Kagura shows up and starts that plot. Then it goes into the endless cycle of chasing Naraku, Kagura trying to betray him, Sango trying to talk to Kohaku, Inuyasha learning new moves.

Band of Jobbers is so fondly remembered because they take a break from all that for about twenty episodes.

MikeMyers

They also seem to like throwing naked Kagome around a lot more early on, in retrospect. Showers! Baths! Stewed with Peaches! Of course, as they show goes on, and we (assume) she ages, they suddenly do this less...

Well to be fair that's inherent to the actual manga itself, although I think the manga actually wins in the nudity department.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually kept track of this. In the first ten episodes Kagome is naked in six of them.

Changes outfits in eight of them. This stuff happens a few more times after Sango joins and then most of the fanservice is reduced or taken out all together, replaced by butt grabbing jokes.

MikeMyers

Don't forget we also get nude Kikyo and nude Inuyasha-mother-impersonator early on.

In the manga Inuyasha goes to modern world THEN meets Shippo, anime it is vice verca.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kikiyo's doll body is pretty egregious though of course they have the excuse that since she is made of corpses and graveyard soil she has no primary or secondary sexual traits.

But yep, that's all before episode 15. Then they take a huge break until Sango joins, then there's a couple of those sorts of moments after she heals up, and then it becomes a once a season thing.

EDIT: They also completely move away from Kagome changing outfits in the Feudal era. Before she'd wear different stuff from time to time. Now unless it's a modern day episode she'll be dressed in her school uniform. I kinda miss the more believable she wears whatever. Even Sango has two outfits, her regular outfit and the NOT NINJA Demon Hunter outfit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You know for someone who is terrible in a fight Kagome spends an awful lot of Inuyasha NOT being kidnapped. The witch who made Kikiyo detains her for a bit, Kikiyo holds her for about ten minutes, and then Koga kidnaps her for about half a day.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also episode 38 might be my all time favorite Inuyasha episode. I was too tired to properly watch it last night so I'm repeating it right now.

Man, I love the way the HxH dude draws. The emotional and dramatic scenes have such impact. Like
when it's revealed that Killua's dad was hired to kill the Phantom Troupe. Looked so cool.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Episode 38 literally has everything I ever want from a comedy episode of Inuyasha.

Nudity, The origin of Kagome's friends thinking she's fallen for a bad boy, the original Shippo crayon drawings of the Koga/Kagome/Inuyasha love triangle, a ton of hilarious giffable moments of Inuyasha being surprised, Hojo and plenty of our boy Shouta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom