• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Samurai Champloo was in its initial run in Japan while I was over there in Summer 2004, and Shiki no Uta is the one song that's somehow tied into all of those sensory memories. I basically get warped back to my tatami mat room and the sights and sounds and smells of the summer there every time I listen to it.

I should really go back someday. Hard to believe that was a decade ago.

I've always wanted to go to Japan, thought about applying to the JET program (or a similar company) and going to teach English over there for a year. All you need is a bachelors degree and the experience would look great on a resume. I'm not sure I want to leave my girlfriend and do the long distance thing for a year at this point though..

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Toguro, Hisoka, frieza, shishio, OP spoilers
akainu
and naruto spoilers
Madara uchiha
confirmed and some are teased for j-stars victory

Dandy sure knows how to make fun of itself

tumblr_mzbpo8BL821r8tyjfo1_500.gif

So HxH is set in a modern world, right? It's kinda freaking me out to be honest. Don't see a lot of modern worlds with magic martial arts and whatnot.

Fantasy modern like Dragon Ball or something. It's got modern cities and TVs and all that stuff, but it doesn't take place in the real world like urban fantasy stuff.

I wanna get the Bleach DS Game, which is the best one of the bunch?

The 2nd one is the best fighter or so I've heard, the third is a tactics rpgs

so that's why the One Piece reps are fucking bizarre.

Yeah dunno what they were smoking when they picked the OP reps. Had the WBW saga still been ongoing I'd be one thing but with where the story manga and anime are at its a very strange decision. Especially when its using part 1 designs for some characters and part 2 designs for others.

Yeah dunno what they were smoking when they picked the OP reps. Had the WBW saga still been ongoing I'd be one thing but with where the story manga and anime are at its a very strange decision. Especially when its using part 1 designs for some characters and part 2 designs for others.

even IF that saga was still going on their choices would be weird, honestly.

even IF that saga was still going on their choices would be weird, honestly.

Well considering who they picked for Naruto's villain rep it could have been a case of ongoing series getting relevant characters to said arc as opposed to fan favorites or something.

All it boils down to is we need a new real One Piece fighting game. We also need another Bleach one while they're at it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The first two DS games were made by legendary development studio Treasure and play a lot like their other fighting games, i.e. YYH and the vs mode of Guardian Heroes. Multiplane insanity. The PSP and Wii games don't hold a candle (neither does the 3rd DS game which is an entirely different genre.)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
If J Stars Victory VS was made with all the rivalries and pairings people would expect... it'd have an incredibly boring cast. It'd basically all be Goku & Vegita repeated with different skins over and over again!

Votes, Seiyuu availability / cross character voicework, and cross-series similarities between characters should all matter into the roster picks.

... and in a vain attempt to pretend this comment has a purpose being in this thread, I'd love to see a T(oonami)-Stars Victory VS.

Roger Smith VS Sym-Bionic Titan VS Gundam Wing VS Hamtaro VS Kirito, GO! This is also the only way a Gene Starwind VS Space Dandy VS Vash VS Spike battle would ever actually occur. Thundercats VS Tenchi? Samurai Jack VS Kenshin?

Of course, LORD SESSHOMARU would be the one true winner. Opening Narrated by "The Big Guy", Closing theme Hiro No Tsuki, punctuated by a *BANG*.

MikeMyers

If J Stars Victory VS was made with all the rivalries and pairings people would expect... it'd have an incredibly boring cast. It'd basically all be Goku & Vegita repeated with different skins over and over again!

Votes, Seiyuu availability / cross character voicework, and cross-series similarities between characters should all matter into the roster picks.

... and in a vain attempt to pretend this comment has a purpose being in this thread, I'd love to see a T(oonami)-Stars Victory VS.

Roger Smith VS Sym-Bionic Titan VS Gundam Wing VS Hamtaro VS Kirito, GO! This is also the only way a Gene Starwind VS Space Dandy VS Vash VS Spike battle would ever actually occur. Thundercats VS Tenchi? Samurai Jack VS Kenshin?

Of course, LORD SESSHOMARU would be the one true winner. Opening Narrated by "The Big Guy", Closing theme Hiro No Tsuki, punctuated by a *BANG*.

LORD SESSHOMARU will get an additional life due to Tenseiga as well as assists from Kagura and Jaken.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just can't get excited for it like I did for JSS/JUS. Something about 2D smash style play with Jump characters got me super excited. Fucking around with KOMAs all day was addicting.

Gigant Battle on the DS was also quite good. Needed more characters though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
LORD SESSHOMARU will get an additional life due to Tenseiga as well as assists from Kagura and Jaken.

Have them ride in on A-Un, too! Full Transformation for big battles, and "Help! Lord Sesshomaru!" called by Rin as an absolute parry / teleport setup, that critically wounds 2 opponents (the one currently being fought by Sesshomaru, and the one that DARED HARM RIN.)

rinrun.gif

I just can't get excited for it like I did for JSS/JUS. Something about 2D smash style play with Jump characters got me super excited. Fucking around with KOMAs all day was addicting.

Gigant Battle on the DS was also quite good. Needed more characters though.

My brother had JUS... even before the incredibly odd situation that had Best Buy selling the game in the US on store shelves (I wish they'd do this with JSVV, too, and for Anisound edition...) I really wish there were some games like it on XBLA/PSN, such a game with 2D sprites and online play like that would easily be one of my dream games.

Watching gameplay of JSVV reminds me of Gundam EX VS, which will always remind me of Gotcha Force... which I might truly love even more than Smash Bros. in some ways.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

You'll have to settle for a Super Robot Wars game that has Big O, Gundam, Evangelion, & Code Geass together.

....oh, & also Gurren Lagann, Full Metal Panic, Gunbuster, and a bunch more. I recall there was one with Eureka 7 in it, but they're not in the newest one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom