• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally at the
Greed Island arc. Seeing Gon struggle with video game logic is fucking adorable.
HxH spoilers. Though I guess it is almost 13 years old. Just being safe.

And I understand that and how your concerns are coming from that.

I can just tell you from my experience in media is that there are certain time slots which will not make a big difference in the long run, and 3am - 5am is one of them, even on a late night network like Adult Swim.

As long as something doesn't absolutely bomb, viewer drop off is to be expected as you go through the night. It's not giving up on the timeslots per se, but more making sure the slots you do want - no, need to succeed get what they need to do just that.

So, if AS gets a few new shows and that means another run of say FMA:B, I would sign off on that any day of the week.

Also, our expectations might be a little - optimistic? These guys have been programming for a long time - they really do have a wealth of info to give them a better idea of what to expect from a show - and what would be above or below those expectations, especially in whatever AS considers their key demos (which are usually the ones mentioned in press releases).

Whew! That may have gone a bit longer than necessary. Hope it made sense.

Makes sense, we have no idea what Adult Swim considers 'good' ratings in those late night slots. I'm just speculating by looking at past numbers and current trends to make a prediction. Maybe I'm weighing the 3-5AM time too heavily, I'll take your word for it.

Hopefully Brotherhood and GitS don't completely bomb, I'm afraid they're going to drag down the middle of the block.

It seems to me that Samurai Jack is being used to sort of cushion the blow of some late night shows. "Weaker" shows like GITS (which may benefit well from getting a time slot bump) and Brotherhood get sandwiched between Naruto and Jack, which I would assume does well and potentially offers a late night boost. It's less of a steady decline until the 5am boost this way if it all works out like it's presumably supposed to.

Of course, it could be a simple matter of them being told to just put CN shows closer to CN.

So Space Dandy has apparently been confirmed for 13 episodes? I know Japanese television works differently than the US, maybe we'll get split seasons? Depending on how long we have to wait I could see toonami acquiring another new show to bridge the gap, assuming they have the funds.

Mature

So Space Dandy has apparently been confirmed for 13 episodes? I know Japanese television works differently than the US, maybe we'll get split seasons? Depending on how long we have to wait I could see toonami acquiring another new show to bridge the gap, assuming they have the funds.
Hmm..? Do you have a source for this? All I've seen is a super sketchy GameFAQs thread about this.

MikeMyers

Oh hey. Nice new avatar. And yeah, I decided to go with reading because I can read manga much faster than I can watch a tv show. Like Gluttony when he realized Mustang was the one that had killed Lust, I'm inhaling HxH manga at an enormous rate.

Speaking of Lust, girlfriend wants to cosplay as her. Time to go to my first anime convention!

Im pretty sure space dandy is 26 episodes isnt it?

Hmm..? Do you have a source for this? All I've seen is a super sketchy GameFAQs thread about this.

Got a text from my friend saying he read that somewhere on the Adult Swim boards, I'll try to find what he's referring to.

It makes sense though, Dandy was originally announced to be 12 or 13 episodes at Otakon. The toonami tumblr said it would be 26 but quickly took that post down. Why wouldn't they just outright say it's 26 episodes unless they were doing a split season?

What if in Japan it is split cours, but in the US we get all 26 episodes from the git go? Wouldn't that be crazy?
The dub vs sub debate would turn into all out war.

Elitist tears would be shed. Computer monitors screamed at. BAKA's hurled. Naruto replica forehead protectors tightened. Katanas unsheathed.

I'm not ready for that.

Seda

Posted on this subject last week. On my phone so I can't grab images now, but what we know is that Toonami Tumblr said 26 bur the statement was removed. When questioned about it, DeMarco said the episode count wasn't determined yet (or something to that effect). He also said they helped fund the show like GitS. So...that's what we have to go on.

LOLDSFAN

Jintor

Favorie roll?

256px-Mvc2-roll.jpg

Most difficult roll?

245px-MMLRoll.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
no like i'm asking just a general "there is a famous voice actor, it doesn't matter who it is, what questions do you ask them?" for....reasons.

Well, you're going to need to do some research into past roles first. There are some standard questions you can ask: favorite roll, dream roll, hardest roll, etc. From there you play off their answers and ask questions based on what they say. If they've been part of a big franchise that hasn't been completely brought over yet (or completed if it's a western thing) then you should ask about that as well.

My boss had me in stiches laughing from what she said today

She was describing how stupid this guy is we work with and said "this kid is so dumb he would get fired from the m&m factory for throwing out all the pieces with the w's on them"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom