• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Unless you have Sunday classes/activities this shouldn't be a problem.

Gonna speak like an anime old man here but if I was back in college I'd have no problem doing the midnight run and then playing video games until I finally passed out at noon. Maybe even stay straight up until midnight to watch all the football during Fall and Winter.

Man, I miss school for that reason only. So much free time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have it for PS3. :/

C'mon! Off screen! Mario features! Bunch of other random crap that they've probably patched into the PS3 version!

Besides MH3 looks like I'm not playing much online games until brawl and mk8 hit. Oh well. There's always the two dozen 3DS games I have to get through.

bigkrev

I'd rather have two kindles. You could be the Kirito of reading!

I don't read much any more (pretty much just read essays and non-fiction), or I would consider it because I have the old Kindle keyboard, and the Paperwhite seems super sexy. But the only time I actually read is on the beach in the summer, so it's not like the illumination of the screen would mean anything!

932b809639d8b5d54016fe8a33ee1517.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's a weird version. Not without redeeming qualities but not exactly what I'd call good either.

TTT2 on Wii U is fantastic though.

bigkrev

Just get SSF4. It has great 3D, plays great, and is a way better fighting game than T6 was. Only issue was they took out the Japanese voices, so you probably have to play the game on mute.

I payed 6.99 for 3DS Tekken and felt ripped off. Of course, I had actually seen the movie in a Theater for fucks sake, so that had no appeal to me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Only lasting two years on the western market sort of James Deen'd the Dreamcast and Wii U is certainly going to outpreform that.

EDIT: DOA:D is also really good. It's a shame that while the 3D effect is amazing the game plays in 60fps without it.

SSB4 will probably be the be all end all "fighting" game on the 3DS though. Wish it had a SC port or some more Capcom games on it though.

bigkrev

Only lasting two years on the western market sort of James Deen'd the Dreamcast and Wii U is certainly going to outpreform that.

EDIT: DOA:D is also really good. It's a shame that while the 3D effect is amazing the game plays in 60fps without it.

SSB4 will probably be the be all end all "fighting" game on the 3DS though. Wish it had a SC port or some more Capcom games on it though.

If you want to play fighters on a handheld, really, Vita is where it's at. UMVC3, SFXT, MK9, Blazeblue, and Injustice are all excellent versions of those games. Plus, Divekick, and the PSP library (good versions of Tekken 6, a bunch of anime fighters, ect)

EDIT: Totally forgot DOA5 was out on Vita as well (I own it!) GREAT version of that game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DS has some amazing fighting games and along with the GCN is probably the best platform for anime fighters. But yeah, PSP/Vita for bigger portable fighting games to be sure.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Going to take a shower, possibly continue my arduous gen 5 pokémon exodus (passing all 649 Pokémon from White and Black 2 to White 2, involves catching 600 purrloin/watchogs and then trading them, and zonking out to FMP? Fumoffu which arrived this week.

In other words...or actually, no other words...

ZGq540W.gif

The first two Bleach DS games (or so I've heard not played it)
JSS and JUS
DBZK Ultimate Butoden (or so I've heard not played it)

Can't comment on the OP or Naruto fighting games either as I've not played them nor heard anything good or bad about them. Only DS fighting game I've played was based upon Guilty Gear and it was SHIIIIT

I'm sure UMK3 for the DS plays fine, if custom robo counts as a fighting game that was good too

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Just as I was walking away!!!

Bleach/Bleach 2nd, Jump Super Stars, Jump Ultimate Stars, One Piece Gigant Battle, DBZ Supersonic Warriors 2, A really great port of UMK3,

It didn't have the fancy recognizable games the PSP had (SFA3 upper, Darkstalkers, Soul Calibur, Tekken) but those were some of my favorite fighting games last generation. Especially Bleach 2nd and JSS/JUS.

EDIT: Both Bleach DS fighting games eventually came out in English. Pick them up if you ever get the chance.

bigkrev

Just as I was walking away!!!

Bleach/Bleach 2nd, Jump Super Stars, Jump Ultimate Stars, One Piece Gigant Battle, DBZ Supersonic Warriors 2, A really great port of UMK3,

It didn't have the fancy recognizable games the PSP had (SFA3 upper, Darkstalkers, Soul Calibur, Tekken) but those were some of my favorite fighting games last generation. Especially Bleach 2nd and JSS/JUS.

I forgot about the existance of the Bleach game, I didn't like JSS or JUS mechanically.
Also, you forgot the best fighter on PSP, mother fucking POWER STONE

Man God

Non-Canon Member
UMK3 is on DS???

Released as UMK. Very good port of the arcade game. First version of it that could be played online. Very nearly arcade perfect with some enhancements (unlocked characters stayed unlocked)

EDIT: FACT CHECKING TIME. XBLA port could also be played online and came out a year earlier. That version BLOWS though.

I forgot about the existance of the Bleach game, I didn't like JSS or JUS mechanically.
Also, you forgot the best fighter on PSP, mother fucking POWER STONE

Powerstone port sucked on psp, took like 5 minutes to load a match in PS2 and PS1 just isn't that fun to play IMO

Okay what? How in the hell
did the chimera ant queen find and devour so many different types of animals? Freaking penguins and cheetahs and whatnot. What kind of crazy continent are they on that has all those different types of animals? It's crazy.
HxH spoilers.

bigkrev

Okay what? How in the hell
did the chimera ant queen find and devour so many different types of animals? Freaking penguins and cheetahs and whatnot. What kind of crazy continent are they on that has all those different types of animals? It's crazy.
HxH spoilers.

Australia.

ckohler

All these gifs got me to rewatch Gurren Lagann this week.

My god this show would be beyond epic for ToonamiGAF. The real-time reactions would be insane. The show is full of so many amazing moments of pure awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom