• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
While SE wasn't bad this week by any means I'm amazed it's that high on your list.

well, it was kind of a weak night for me; even One Piece was pretty much just a setup episode. it's kind of a toss-up between Clone Wars and Soul Eater for that spot. InuYasha sorta felt like it was spinning its wheels and Bleach got almost comically bogged down in explaining everyone's attacks.

Lot of gifs warning

IT BEGINS

i2iof9DGHf2UT.gif

This whole fuckin show man
6ra4Pnz.gif

ZTMDf8v.gif

I'M IN LOVE WITH MY BROTHER

This episode in a nutshell:

i3xRhSYBelI5p.gif

SAO reactions were gold last night.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still can't believe I found a situation where I was able to make use of that OreImo gif and have it actually be related to the context.

......I need to go back & read reactions, all those gifs are reminding me of the glorious meltdowns. For those that wish the relive the experience, this is a good starting post.

Tenumi

Banned
...Something tells me I missed quite a night here last night...

I still need to watch last week's episodes. And this weeks. And the movies from December. Wow, I'm behind...

I find it amazing how divided this weeks Space Dandy was, the thread seemed to be overly positive about it yet reactions in the dandy ot and anime gaf were mixed to negative and not in the usual "dandy isn't for me" kind of way

789shadow

Banned
I find it amazing how divided this weeks Space Dandy was, the thread seemed to be overly positive about it yet reactions in the dandy ot and anime gaf were mixed to negative and not in the usual "dandy isn't for me" kind of way
They've already determined that they must hate Space Dandy because of reasons.

i noticed this too. it seems weird that the opinion seems to be split between best and worst episode.

i'd throw my hat in for it being the worst episode, though i still enjoyed it a lot. it follows the same "ok first half, great second half" trend, but i didn't feel the first half was as strong as the other episodes.

i noticed this too. it seems weird that the opinion seems to be split between best and worst episode.

i'd throw my hat in for it being the worst episode, though i still enjoyed it a lot. it follows the same "ok first half, great second half" trend, but i didn't feel the first half was as strong as the other episodes.

I liked the first half as while it was predictable the twist, I thought it was funny/clever to have the boobies dandy wants do badly actually being the alien monster trying to eat his face.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In basically the opposite way of every other Shonen in existence transforming in Inuyasha practically guarantees you are going to lose.

Amikami

Banned
Oh wow I just found an old Naruto gif gem. I don't know why, but this gif use to kill me. Still make me laugh pretty hard.

tumblr_miixtbm8oW1rg3akeo1_400.gif

I know I said I wasn't going to do this anymore but I just can't help it. Chapter 263 of Hunter x Hunter.

MVkrRQh.jpg

Fucking amazing.

I really got to take some time and watch this one of these days.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I know I said I wasn't going to do this anymore but I just can't help it. Chapter 263 of Hunter x Hunter.

MVkrRQh.jpg

Fucking amazing.

That was the anime 3 episodes ago so please no more HxH manga posting! Even just teasing it is too much for me.

I don't think that's fair, some of them might be trying to like the show but it isn't doing anything for them. I feel the same way:

Still not really feeling this series. =/

I can get behind dumb, manly shows but it's gotta have a little heart. Dandy's abuse of Meow at this point is just mean spirited and doesn't endear the character at all to me.

Just my two cents.

LOLDSFAN

I found my excitement for SAO last night greatly dampened by all the preemptive "Can't wait for the reaction" posts.

You guys are basically spoiling the reaction that will happen. When that happens I find that I am less surprised and care about what's going to happen. It's starting to really become a turn off for me.
wtzgU.gif

This is why I'm enjoying Space Dandy so much right now because no one has seen it and it's all new.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I knew that was a mistake. Meh.

I hear Dandy's opening is good but it's hard to top ViViD for me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Awesome, really like the OP for Space Dandy (which is rare, I tend to skip OPs most of the time) so hopefully we'll see it later this month or the next.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P4VIiVSiioo

Link to Dandy's op for you to check out

I dunno if I'd say it's better then Vivid, but it's pretty awesome

Yeah, it's not as good as Blue but it's still pretty good. Eh. I guess I don't care either way. Wish all the shows could have full openings though (except InuYasha, which I only want to have full endings.)

Amikami

Banned
I still can't believe we screwed ourselves over with the Bleach and Shippuden OPs. We must go back in time and undo the future that is Aku Lich King.

You know, I was never even away of this vote either. If only I had known the dark path you all were leading us in, I would have prevented this catastrophe.

Moaradin

Imagine being stuck with this Toonami Shippuden "opening" for 100s of episodes. Never seeing some of the great openings Shippuden has, even if it's shortened.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HOLY SHIT. I had either forgotten or never noticed that Naruto OP 5 has two different versions. One pre lee surgery, one post.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
HOLY SHIT. I had either forgotten or never noticed that Naruto OP 5 has two different versions. One pre lee surgery, one post.

Yup I noticed years ago, first thought cartoon network edited it because I kinda spoiled some of that arc back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom