• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
March 8, I'm marking it in my calendar. The return of Come.
LtNDbKz.png

It only sticks around for 18 episodes though, but I guess that's enough.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well done SAB CA

And now I can peace out.

Thanks, and rest well!

The detail on bradley is insane.

Later

Gotta make sure to respect those deaths! ( 10s of tiny lines are fun!

They're all so good. Can't decide which one is my favorite

The "We're all happily confused now!" one! ;-) Or Cover Ramen Pops, because Ramen Pops.

zlCfzRZXAUo2wWe6BO

Hahaha.

zlCfzRZZASQf44KIWj

KuGsj.gif
Aww.

Trying to figure out what could be drawn from SAO's memorable moments was an exersize in "NOPE! NOPE!.jpg" that's for sure.

I'm so glad The Major came out well, hehe.

Hahah. Great job as usual, SAB. The Shippuden one and SAO one are my favorites.

I think Naruto forces me to draw comics. I... have no issue with this.

Or can you do timed posts?

Yeah, can do some scheduling of post. So they very well may have cheated! So the true one that stayed up with us was... Edward's friend EMPU! Or some other Toonami-related A.I...

Since Samurai Jack is coming to Toonami soon, allowing me to suggest the next OT for the thread (I think you all might like this):

Toonami |OT| ...and undo the future that is SAO!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning ToonamiGAF. Heh, I'm up earlier than usual.

Space Dandy
I think it's fair to say that you shouldn't expect what the previews tell you. The "fanservice" episode was a trap involving a Lovecraftian horror. Though "Space Landy" looks hilarious next week. We shall see what happens.

Bleach
14 more episodes of filler... Liquid Snake's powers are so god damn broken. From what I've read, things are going to get more annoying.

Shippuden
Consider Shippuden's pacing a warm-up for One Piece in a few years. Though it's rather telling that this episode covered three chapters worth of manga material, where One Piece will get to 1:1 pacing. Speaking of...

One Piece
SUUUUUUPEEEEEEEEEEER!

Soul Eater
The Clowns last night are completely different from the Clowns in the manga. The ones in the manga are much much much much much worse. *sighs* Stupid Soul Eater NOT.

Sword Art Online
... Why?
Okay, can anyone that's read the original books say if those slug monsters were slug monsters with tentacles, or if that scene was even in the original book? I mean, Kawahara's a hack, but that was horrible even for him.
Of course, he continues to show he's a hack with incest! I remember reading speculation that the anger this arc caused meant future SAO arcs wouldn't happen. That speculation turned out false now that we know SAO II is happening.
No wonder people are claiming anime is dead.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I do remember the scene in the LN. Granted I just skipped over it rofl.

Also the next 2 episodes are even worse.

After a long day, I couldn't make it too late into Toonami, so I decided to watch SAO this morning and read along with the thread.

My goodness, did you guys deliver. (I lost in on the Picard GIFs.)

Also, the whole "You'll run out of wings before getting even halfway up" - so why not just fly as high as you can, then stop and let the meter refill, then repeat?

I guess you can't think about that when YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH YOUR BROTHER

After a long day, I couldn't make it too late into Toonami, so I decided to watch SAO this morning and read along with the thread.

My goodness, did you guys deliver. (I lost in on the Picard GIFs.)

Also, the whole "You'll run out of wings before getting even halfway up" - so why not just fly as high as you can, then stop and let the meter refill, then repeat?

I guess you can't think about that when YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH YOUR BROTHER

The branches are so high that even a maxed out player can't reach it, the only way some players did was standing on each other shoulders, but the system admins shut them down when they got up to high and created a barrier to prevent any kind of cheating

The branches are so high that even a maxed out player can't reach it, the only way some players did was standing on each other shoulders, but the system admins shut them down when they got up to high and created a barrier to prevent any kind of cheating

Oh, that was what that infodump was trying to explain. I was too busy laughing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Piece
FLCL
Space Dandy
GITS:SAC
Inuyasha
FMA:B
Bleach
SAO
Naruto:Shippuden
Naruto Uncut
Soul Eater
Star Wars: Clone Wars
IGPX

I enjoyed everything on the list tonight, though one of them for how hilariously bad it was. Space Dandy was a real standout tonight.

ckohler

QT's a girl robot?

I've been misgendering her because I keep thinking of QT as Alphonse Elric IN SPACE
I'm pretty sure Dandy refers to QT as being male in the first episode. At least in the English dub. He says stuff to QT like, "Lay off my case, man" and "Be a man!", etc.

I think it's mentioned in the official Japanese website that QT is a girl. Don't know if they'll bother bringing it up in the dub. Also, I call everyone "man". Like "Don't have a cow, man." and "You may be my mother but that doesn't mean you can tell me who I have to marry, man."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Another thing I came to realize after waking up this morning: That was the single best episode of Bleach I've seen on Toonami since the last beach filler I randomly caught waaay before I started posting regularly in this thread.

This is both a compliment to last night's episode and an indictment of Bleach as a whole considering I started watching regularly again right when the major arc of the series wrapped up. Bleach messes up the final battle between Ichigo and Aizen so badly that some random fight episode near the beginning of a filler arc is ten times better.

Show rankings this week

One Piece
FMA:B
FLCL
Space Dandy
Bleach
Soul Eater
InuYasha
GitS
Naruto Shippuden
Naruto
SAO

I napped through clone wars and igpx but I imagine IGPX would have ranked about shippuden based upon my memory of that episode

Naruto and Shippuden were both pretty blah, the later had horrible pacing and spent too much time flash backing to the previous fight and the former was a lot of unfunny comedy that makes Space Dandy's writing look brilliant.

Amikami

Banned
The thread doesn't have much longer. I don't think we'll make it to the 1st or even through next weekend, or now that we are a monthly thread we can make exceptions to the 20,000 post limit?

The thread doesn't have much longer. I don't think we'll make it to the 1st or even through next weekend, or now that we are a monthly thread we can make exceptions to the 20,000 post limit?

That has to do with GAF's search feature which apparently gets borked for threads over 20,000 posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom