• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Like I posted earlier, it's not really about the ship. It's about his own feelings of inadequacy.

I know.

I get what's going on guys; this show isn't that hard haha. There's a part of me that can't look past the fact that they're arguing about a ship. Especially when they're about to just buy a new one. lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If Luffy is the Captain, Nami's the brains, Usopp would be the heart of the crew.

I know.

I get what's going on guys; this show isn't that hard haha. There's a part of me that can't look past the fact that they're arguing about a ship. lol

Just pay attention to the subtext is all I'm saying.

Silky

Banned
Hopefully Luffy kills Usopp so he never shows up in the series again.

But I know I'm hoping for too much. Like actual good writing from Oda.
e5YuU.gif

YQgReCa.png

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Would you throw a fit and leave your family if they wanted a new house?

I get the reaction but Usopp is in the wrong here. I do feel bad for him though.

Basically, he is acting even worse than a child, it sucks how he feels but this was escalated way too much to the point where he wants to fight his own friend over not accepting reality.

We are closer than brothers
And now we have to fight each other
And we trust our fate to the heart of the Ship......

NO MATTER WHAT.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ok yeah good luck trying to be badass when you're bandaged up and like two shin kicks away from being in the hospital

daveo42

Banned
Like I posted earlier, it's not really about the ship. It's about his own feelings of inadequacy.

There is a decent part about the ship too. The ship is considered one of the crew's nakama.

Nakama is what you would consider closer than your own family. 'Friend' doesn't really convey the feeling here.

Feels Piece indeed.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Basically, he is acting even worse than a child, it sucks how he feels but this was escalated way too much to the point where he wants to fight his own friend over not accepting reality.

This episode is all about subtext. That's the magic word here. Nothing's what it is on the surface.

There is a decent part about the ship too. The ship is considered one of the crew's nakama.

Nakama is what you would consider closer than your own family. 'Friend' doesn't really convey the feeling here.

Feels Piece indeed.

True, but most of it's about what Usopp is feeling. He's just afraid of being tossed aside one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom