• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh man. Next week's Toonami is going to be beyond insane.
Episode 2 of Space Dandy
Luffy vs Usopp on One Piece

Good stuff.

Onto Bones Eater.

Ok, fuck it. I'm watching from the beginning. I'm assuming this show has tons of filler episodes?

Not really. The longest stretch of filler was 13 episodes.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Andrex Vs. Usopp

Andrew used WIND TUNNEL!

Naw dog, JUDGMENT CHAIN!

tumblr_inline_mvxfd9qrko1r4vk8e.gif

Luffy's fighting Usopp!

tumblr_m83whb2RGu1qcqljxo1_500.gif

This post gets a 10 out of 10.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Usopp's still a kid and while it is mainly about his feelings of inadequacy it is also about the ship considering his girlfriend
's butler
gave it to him.

jph139

Same ending (and opening)? I haven't watched Toonami in months and it hasn't changed... is it on schedule or have they tinkered with what ones are airing?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, this arc is going to ramp up all the way to the end, where it loses its momentum by succumbing to shonen pacing.

Sharkz1

Neo Member
There is a decent part about the ship too. The ship is considered one of the crew's nakama.

Nakama is what you would consider closer than your own family. 'Friend' doesn't really convey the feeling here.

Hate to start the 'nakama' argument, but I disagree.

If nakama is greater than family, then why was Whitebeard's dream to have a family, not nakama?

Amikami

Banned
Same ending (and opening)? I haven't watched Toonami in months and it hasn't changed... is it on schedule or have they tinkered with what ones are airing?

Well a month of episodes is only 4-5 episodes and we just had a month of movies and OP hasn't been on in weeks.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think I'm going to put together a list of the most emotional One Piece moments and post it in the One Piece thread (which is full of spoilers past the current point so... be warned).

On Soul Eater: We're in the Bones filler, and after Conqueror of Schindler's List.... be prepared.
Also, an anime based on Soul Eater NOT is happening. *Excalibur face*

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This episode is all about subtext. That's the magic word here. Nothing's what it is on the surface.

True, but most of it's about what Usopp is feeling. He's just afraid of being tossed aside one day.
I know that aswell.
Truthfully it never really got resolved, he came back masquerading as someone else until he tossed the disguise to the side eventually and then luffy and chopper didnt even know it was him and just kinda went on their merry way like nothing happened, overall it was just a spat that escalated too much.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Girlfriend adjacent.

If he had another week he'd have gotten in there.

I know that aswell.
Truthfully it never really got resolved, he came back masquerading as someone else until he tossed the disguise to the side eventually and then luffy and chopper didnt even know it was him and just kinda went on their merry way like nothing happened, overall it was just a spat that escalated too much.

It did resolve a little bit near the end of the arc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kaya is definitely interested in Usopp. Usopp might have friend zoned her but since relationships don't really matter in One Piece its a moot point.

She's keeping tabs on him though.

Oooh, Soul Eater and its shitty opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom