• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the rain. It's gross and wet and irritating and it gets everywhere.
Anakin-Skywalker-anakin-skywalker-17186723-1024-768_large.jpg

Crocodile

Samurai Jack was always an impressive show in the manner in which Genndy was to able and willing to experiment with color, animation (especially the boarding), music (or even the shows distinct use of silence and little dialogue) and even genres across episodes. It is very much like Dandy in that regard but the fact that one man so closely spearheaded this project has always been impressive. Western animation in general took a hit when he moved to Sony to work on 3d films. Not to slight the 3D projects he has made or will make but they have yet to be and are unlikely to be as irreplaceable as something like Samurai Jack. Similar to Dandy, not every episode is A+ material but when this show is on its game its just fucking amazing. Still a shame that the show never ended but I guess that was the risk when he decidedly to write the show more an an anthology than as a unidirectional plotline.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 9 - Yamcha's Struggle! The Terrible Saibamen!
12:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 52 - The Power of Uchiha
12:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 8 - Among the Twinkling Stars
1:00 - One Piece - 286 - Devil Fruit Powers! Kaku and Jabra Transform!
1:30 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 20 - How Far Will God Test Us?
2:00 - Deadman Wonderland - 5 - Carnival Corpse
2:30 - Attack on Titan - 12 - Wound: The Struggle for Trost, Part 8
3:00 - Bleach - 294 - Impossible to Attack? The Sealed Genryuusai!
3:30 - Space Dandy - 13 - Even Vaccuum Cleaners Fall in Love, Baby
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop (Uncut) - 5 - Ballad of Fallen Angels
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 17 - RED DATA

Later.

Well next week we enter a new era of Toonami, one that only last 5.5 hours. As long as the block stays a healthy 3.5-4 hours mostly filled with premiers I'll be pretty happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom