• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad Funimation fixed one of the sound issues with Bebop. The lack of the sound distortion when a character spoke on video phone bothered me on the Remix set. Hopefully, they also corrected the flaws with Ballad of Fallen Angels too.

Also, a TV-MA rating for "Gateway Shuffle" seemed a bit much. Now episode five, however....

BBboy20

holy different art Batman
Sean Schemmel voiced Batman in the TDKR mobile game. So yeah, he can go to his grave knowing he voiced two of the most iconic characters of all time.

Who here is getting DBZ Xeonoverse in February?
Which version is everyone getting?

I once told toonami gaf that I would watch toonami nude if KlK ever managed to get aired. Saturday night are about to become very liberating.
Very well then......

NOOOOO, WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO KILL A KNOWN TRAITOR WHO JOINED A TERRORIST =(
Man, imagine if this show took place in modern times.

What? Really?

What's this? The fabled "action" of Naruto Shippuden? An instance as rare as the Northern Lights?
Now I think of Person of Interest when that is mentioned.

Sharringan now acts as an IED.
*looks at Jarate's quote*

Finally fuck
We've FINALLY reached episode 1!
Let's go back to episode 1
SO we have come full circle, that was the longest flashback Shippuden has thrown at us yet.
WE FINALLY MADE IT!!!! And yet, I feel nothing...what the hell do I expect from here on out?

I didn't actually play it, I was just watching this video a minute ago.
Oh god, the show makers need to get meta as fuck right now.

Jupiter Ascending is probably going to suck
I'll probably see it just for all the imaginary sci-fi shit they're throwing out.

I'm going to have to agree with someone (I've forgotten who) that Inuyasha is basically Anime Twilight.
InuYasha's existence the greatest thing that ever been conceived compared to Sword Art Online.

Wealth. Fame. Power. Hustle. Loyalty. Respect.
Man, we need more Cena jokes in anime.

Shit just got real

NOTHING STOPS THIS TRAIN
God, I wish I was smarter that making up combined images.

Fun fact: Honey and Fukuro have the same voice actress.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-4860-1365085774-15.gif

Quest for fart juice
1126_zpsf9229eba.gif

Luffy won't accomplish anything this episode, will he?

That episode was great, Johnny Bravo was the best.
Indeed, he was.

So basically, Franky farted all his energy out.
dead2_zpsee9a5f5a.gif

What a coincidence, I'm drinking some soda right now. Tastes quite good.
Holy shit, I've been drinking cola as well and never put two and two together!

Take a drink every time Cha pa pa or Yoyoi is mentioned.
...I still have half a bottle of brandy left.

Oh boy

Sanji is fucked
dTRHoui.jpg

This is what we've been waiting for, folks. CP9 vs Strawhats. Ready yourselves, men. It's gonna be awesome. Time for Gurren Lagann.
I was that way with Blueno at the Bar. Now it seems normal.

"There's no telling what might happen if you say the wrong thing."

So real, even today.
Man, it got me thinking of the established majority of American who thinks African-Americans are ultimately cockroaches with the protesting going on naively believing that racial bias isn't that big of a deal (let alone believing the sins of the past were reduced in the '60s).

Simon & Viral gon bust out and rekt shit
Prison Break would fit as an anime.

The fuck is with this commercial? Packers and Bears fans bonding over McDonald's?
THey've been trying to create this "be real" advertising just because they're the biggest fast food joint in the world.

oh god.

i just realized Xenoverse is a bit of a joke with "Z"

Considering Turbo Tax now does state taxes for free there really is no reason to do it any other way unless you have lots of finances where you're gonna pay someone to do it anyways
So is this why they're pushing these ads?

the memories
One of the greatest moments of my life on witnessing.

Origa ;_;7
Long live Origa. Russian lady will be forever missed. T_T
RIP in peace
-_-

How old was she when she went? I think she was in her 30s?

Isnt this the plot of the Keanu reeves movie?
I thought I was watching Samurai Jack, not some John Wick knockoff :p
ku-medium_zps553276a3.gif

It's too bad this guy couldn't become a main character
Dude's one of the best designed badasses I've ever seen. Jesus.

So...if this it for Toonami, where else is to watch the remaining episodes?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Goooood morning everyone.
Hilarious work SAB (that Bleach image is perfect)

DBZ Kai:
Training is over! Time for action, and Saiyans. Poor dumb King Kai.

Shippuden:
We've finally reached the preview in the first episode! You know, that preview was made as the manga was past that point, and it still took a year to get there. They must have been really nervous about over-taking like they did with the first show.

Inuyasha: The Final Act:
Wow, an episode that actually slows things down. Too bad it didn't make a lot of sense. Damn illusion stories...

One Piece:
We have our task, we have our goal, let's get down to action!

Gurren Lagann:
Rossiu continues to be the lord of dicks, sentencing Simon to death. Watch as it all backfires.

Jintor

By the way, the TTGL eyecatch this episode is great because you can compare Rossiu to the leader of his old vault really well

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"But yes, KLK is likely to have an edit or two, as Hellsing did, and Deadman Wonderland did."

CENSOR LA CENSOR CONFIRMED.

Top 5 requested Toonami shows at the moment:

Attack on Titan Season Two
Sword Art Online Season Two
Kill La Kill
Sailor Moon
Anything Gundam

They're being surprisingly open about how poorly this years month of movies did.

They also basically said "no sports shows" so Shard's dark horse pick of Ping Pong is truly never going to happen

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To be fair, most were repeats, save for Broly, FMA, & those last two Hellsing episodes, which might've confused some people who didn't stay up until 2 AM.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Did Attack On Titan reruns starting off the block hurt the block more than helped?"

"Sadly, this appears to be true."

Hmmm.

Akame ga Kill! most requested Sentai show.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It sounds like they might plan on keeping DBZ Kai at 11:30.

"That’s the plan for the foreseeable future. But plans change. But right now we have no plans for change. "

Im gonna replace loldsfan when he really wanted final act but instead BRING JOJO TO TOONAMI, I NEED MY ENGLISH DUBBED GORILLAS IN SAILOR HATS WITH STAND BOAT!

Im gonna replace loldsfan when he really wanted final act but instead BRING JOJO TO TOONAMI, I NEED MY ENGLISH DUBBED GORILLAS IN SAILOR HATS WITH STAND BOAT!

Trust me the day Viz finally gets off their ass and makes that dub officially a thing I'll hit the toonami tumble box every day

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It sounds like they might plan on keeping DBZ Kai at 11:30.

"That’s the plan for the foreseeable future. But plans change. But right now we have no plans for change. "

Sounds like they have no idea either, the schedule shake up was clearly done from on high.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DBZ Kai & AoT were the most well-received shows on Toonami last year.

Guess that explains DBZ Kai being the lead-in.

To reconfirm why they lost 5 AM:

"Poor ratings performance was the main reason (among many other complicated business reasons we can’t share)."

"We aren’t goin anywhere, but the ratings have not been up to snuff as far as the network is concerned, of late!"

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Attack on Titan reruns were downright suffocating and is a good showcase of why shows get pushed to the backend or off the block once they stop being fresh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Is there such a thing as "too violent" for Toonami"

"Yes. We have had to edit some things, but we try and make as few as possible. Typically US viewers are more scared of sex than violence though. So that’s why the standards are different."

Not that noteworthy, but just something I noticed.

That's interesting if I'm reading this question right it sounds like the request have been more for Sailor Moon Crystal over the classic Sailor Moon

Anonymous Asked: When you said sailor moon was requested did you mean regular sailor moon or sailor moon Crystal?

Sailor Moon Crystal, yes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Probably because after Inuyasha: Final Act & DBZ Kai, it's more likely they'd get the newer version of a classic series instead of the original, older one.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The odd thing is that the fans have been requesting Crystal, as opposed to the nutter DBZ fans who wanted the original cut for pure nostalgia.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Okay, I think this was missed but Toonami has said that Akame Ga Kill is currently the most requested Sentai show. (Or Anime Ga Kill as they put it.)

Okay, I think this was missed but Toonami has said that Akame Ga Kill is currently the most requested Sentai show. (Or Anime Ga Kill as they put it.)

Me and Zonic mentioned it above, not surprising at all and I think I said awhile back it would probably be the first Sentai show on the block if we ever do get Sentai programming

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anime ga kill la kill?

But yeah, that got mentioned a few posts back. Tried asking if it was possible they could possibly get shows from other companies aside from Funi & Aniplex.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Will we still be having a month of movies in December 2015 or is that unlikely?

Possible, but unlikely."

Uh oh....

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Whelp in case there was any doubt about how poorly it did in 2014

I blame that on the Hellsing Ultimate situation, they had to spend the money to finish that fight and thus half the line up was last years presents. I am getting the vibe that the Toonami audience does not like to be served reruns at the top of the block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom