• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Q7OGkBq.gif

We need to edit Seda's gif to include our avatars.

While this is definitely cause for a lot more concern than the last change, I still wouldn't say we should panic. The back end has been stagnant for a long time, and when you put it into perspective they just clipped the other hour and a half. Sure, it looks bad, but haven't we all been noting the lack of new shows there for months? And hasn't it generally struggled to keep up with the front end? It sucks for the people who watched it, sure, but I mean....it wasn't terribly relevant. The 11:30 slot being cut is a little more concerning to me, honestly.

Tenumi

Banned
Gosh, so many people acting all "DOOMED!"... especially some acting a little... asshole-ish.

The fact of the matter is that this is a business. Consider whether or not the back half of the block was worth the ratings it was getting. Consider the amount paid for those reruns. What we're getting now is an all premier block (Minus Deadman). As someone who lost interest in watching partly because the length of the block was spreading out the premiers I wished to watch, this new schedule looks great to me.

...Reminds me that one of the Q&A answers a while back was that they preferred working with the smaller block. Makes sense when you remember that the original Toonami was a 2-3 hour block.

B.K.

I don't really care that they've cut the last few hours of the block. Other than Space Dandy, everything in those time slots have been run dozens of times before. I really hope Cowboy Bebop is gone for good this time. That show sucked the first time it was shown and it still sucks during its 150th run.

Crocodile

I don't really care that they've cut the last few hours of the block. Other than Space Dandy, everything in those time slots have been run dozens of times before. I really hope Cowboy Bebop is gone for good this time. That show sucked the first time it was shown and it still sucks during its 150th run.

HurrjOo.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
While this is definitely cause for a lot more concern than the last change, I still wouldn't say we should panic. The back end has been stagnant for a long time, and when you put it into perspective they just clipped the other hour and a half. Sure, it looks bad, but haven't we all been noting the lack of new shows there for months? And hasn't it generally struggled to keep up with the front end? It sucks for the people who watched it, sure, but I mean....it wasn't terribly relevant. The 11:30 slot being cut is a little more concerning to me, honestly.

The 11:30 slot doesn't bother me much because we only got it because of Dandy in the first place. I think we'll get it back if there's another simuldub, outside of that all it did was rerun AoT.

Raxus

Thought popped into my head, with DBZ leading the block does that mean we can finally have full Dragon Soul now?

Awww right.

DRAAAAGON SOOOOOUL!

The 11:30 slot doesn't bother me much because we only got it because of Dandy in the first place. I think we'll get it back if there's another simuldub, outside of that all it did was rerun AoT.

well, 11:30 was the hour they were actually going to use for new stuff (barring AoT reruns). and that's kinda my point; it doesn't bother me a whole lot either. and i'm more concerned about THAT than some reruns that got cut.

Hopefully DeMarco learns his lesson and doesn't continue to kill interest with re-runs. Keeping Titan at 11:30 was stupid, half the thread didn't even show up until midnight. Month of movies was a joke and those lame ass music videos aren't helping. Give me more game reviews and let people send in their shitty fanart.

I just saw the news and my heart sank. Jesus H. Christ. Slip a few times and suddenly you're the worst thing on television. The AS execs have to be some of the most moronic people alive. I'd like to see what kind of ratings the crap they'll be airing at the 3:30 am will get. I'm sure people are just rarin' to see Mr. Pickles and the 1 millionth repeat of the Family Guy episode where he finds the fucking Native American skull. Oh, he's wearing a skull as an athletic cup. how fucking hilarious. Morons.

Honestly, this is a good thing. 6 and a half hours made little sense after losing so many shows that filled up the back half and now you have a slim, trim almost all premiere block.

I am a little upset that Dandy S2 repeats get the shaft, but that's about it.

Grexeno

I just saw the news and my heart sank. Jesus H. Christ. Slip a few times and suddenly you're the worst thing on television. The AS execs have to be some of the most moronic people alive. I'd like to see what kind of ratings the crap they'll be airing at the 3:30 am will get. I'm sure people are just rarin' to see Mr. Pickles and the 1 millionth repeat of the Family Guy episode where he finds the fucking Native American skull. Oh, he's wearing a skull as an athletic cup. how fucking hilarious. Morons.
Except that there actually are a lot of people rarin' to see Family Guy repeats.

My thoughts exactly. I have a hard time believing King of the Hill/Family Guy/Mr. Pickles/Shitty AS live action show will bring in better late night ratings than toonami. I get that people don't think it's a big deal because they didn't stay up late or whatever but this is a slippery fucking slope. First we lost an hour and now we're down another 1.5. What's next? Does some programming douche tell them to drop One Piece? Do we get another reduction to an hour long block? Do they start shoving more sponsored ads down our throats?

This sucks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Apparently 3:30-6:00 is going to be a separately branded Case Closed block with an all new dub starting right where they left off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom