• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2026

I can just imagine the HxH and Parasyte power hour. I'm worried about the ratings coming up as Naruto is going into a HUGE filler arc. Seriously 4 months of Naruto filler is not going to help.

Exactly. Mediocre adaptions of long running mangas won't help anything.
People will get bored.

I can just imagine the HxH and Parasyte power hour. I'm worried about the ratings coming up as Naruto is going into a HUGE filler arc. Seriously 4 months of Naruto filler is not going to help.

4 months of filler? Christ.

One Piece tanked during the recaps which should have been skipped. If it doesn't recover I could see them giving it the axe. Isn't it already pushed back to 2:30AM now??

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The ad I'm getting for this thread right now is for New and Used Hearses.

FctCTW9.gif

Mik317

wow...what bummer news (especially One Piece knocking on death's door).

However, I didn't stay up for the shows that got cut and didn't get home in time for the 11:30 show...sooooo it doesn't hurt me much. Still cuts are never good.

As much as I like One Piece (BTW I started reading the manga..and wooooooo), I don't think having 3 long running shows in which often nothin happens is a great idea. Naruto gets really really boring soon IIRC and has filler galore. Enes Lobby is gdlk but after that? Thriller Bark lulls at times. DBZ Kai cuts out the filler tho..but still.

Luckily Gurren, DBZ and OP are about to hit their OMGHOLYSHIT moments which should pull ratings hopefully and Inuyasha seems like it is hitting endgame soon too. KLK starts pretty well (although IMO the middle kinda stagnates) but I worry how people will react to the show as a whoke...it is a hard sell and generally a show with very little inbetween...you either hate it or love it.

I worry about Toonami..it has been a great way to spend a Saturday night. When GL and DW ends in March...they need to replace it with some heavy hitters . Hopefully that doesn't mean more long running shonen or repeats.

Soulflarz

Banned
Four months of filler

Guys. Toonami is being sent to die.

...Okay, not really. Those who criticized things from SAO to AoT to DBZ or even the upcoming KLK, those are popular, hence they will air and be decent for it.

But uh...yeah, this isnt exactly good amounts of filler.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How much has Sailor Moon Crystal been dubbed? Considering that's been one of the top requested shows for some time, maybe they'll finally air that since they know that has the nostalgia factor going & would fit right in with Kai, Shippuden, & Final Act.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
How much has Sailor Moon Crystal been dubbed? Considering that's been one of the top requested shows for some time, maybe they'll finally air that since they know that has the nostalgia factor going & would fit right in with Kai, Shippuden, & Final Act.

The series isn't even done. There's 26 episodes planned, and the latest was 14. A bi-weekly schedule will do that.

They need SAO 2 badly. Who cares if it's terrible overall; it brings in ratings. I'm hoping it gets dubbed soon and that DeMarco has the money to go after it.

I'd love for toonami to skip the Naruto filler but we all know DeMarco is too stubborn to do so; he'd rather go down with the ship. I'm legit worried that it's going to drag down the rest of the block.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Sailor Moon could make sense as an Inuyasha replacement, being a similarly female slanted "action" series. Even then, I have my doubts on how it really fits in on this incarnation of Toonami. I'm not really sure how it would do or how exactly it would fit in. I do imagine that it would have at least a partially built in audience base by virtue of the name alone, much like DBZ.

That's only 16 episodes. Bleach had filler arcs a lot longer than that.

Bleach actually sustained huge ratings during filler and wasn't boring

I doubt the TV contracts allows them to skip filler episodes

I highly doubt anyone in here, including myself, knows anything about TV contracts or how they are written so I'm not going to even speculate on that. Maybe mightynine would have some insight but other than DeMarco spilling the beans or one of us getting a gig at Turner, I doubt we'll ever know.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They need SAO 2 badly. Who cares if it's terrible overall; it brings in ratings. I'm hoping it gets dubbed soon and that DeMarco has the money to go after it.

I'd love for toonami to skip the Naruto filler but we all know DeMarco is too stubborn to do so; he'd rather go down with the ship. I'm legit worried that it's going to drag down the rest of the block.

The pacing in the filler arc is actually pretty good, it ties into the cannon arc pretty well too. If anything it's more interesting than what we've seen so far.

The pacing in the filler arc is actually pretty good, it ties into the cannon arc pretty well too. If anything it's more interesting than what we've seen so far.

Staring at a pile of rocks would be more interesting than what we've seen thus far so I'm not going to hold my breath. I was so excited for Shippuden to air but it has been straight up terrible since the first episode. Terrible pacing, too many flashbacks, bad animation, crappy new characters...ugh.

Tenumi

Banned
You guys done being all doom and gloom yet?

Nope, doesn't look it.

I'll be back on the 7th. Hopefully things will be calmer then.

Maybe mightynine would have some insight but other than DeMarco spilling the beans or one of us getting a gig at Turner, I doubt we'll ever know.

Sadly, all my media experience is in radio, where there is no filler to worry about (although we do use PSAs for fill!).

But based on every answer Demarco's given about filler, I would guess that it's just not worth the headache of trying to carve out certain episodes and it would probably be something of a nightmare to keep track on for both ends - what if episode XXX is filler, but Funi sent the wrong tape and it airs anyway and you've skipped the two episodes before it? Wouldn't that be confusing for the viewers?

Also, his Ask has been kinda forthcoming about the changes. Obviously not enough to ruffle any feathers above him, but you can tell he's frustrated (i.e. he says moving One Piece behind GL was not his call, cutting back the block may be a plan to boost ratings but it's not HIS plan), but he's also looking at the positive side that the block is now mostly premieres, which is something they couldn't say when it first returned - i.e., the fat is trimmed.

I wonder if someone thinks that pushing OP later will help prop up the back-end of the block. Hope that people stay up for it!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
You guys done being all doom and gloom yet?

Nope, doesn't look it.

I'll be back on the 7th. Hopefully things will be calmer then.

Why would be done with the doom and gloom? This kind of trauma is indeed going take some time to digest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom