• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Only time I had a serious problem with the pacing in One Piece was with the two arcs after the
time skip (Fishman Island and Punk Hazard)
but those arcs weren't exactly super liked in the manga either right? The most current arc has been pretty good in the anime IMO.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Only time I felt annoyed by One Piece's pacing was in the Skypiea arc & Davy Back Fight arc when "WHOOPS, WE GOTTA DO EVEN MORE GAMES CUZ YA LOST BY STUPID LUCK".

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Chapter before last had a dance fight in the background I completely missed.

...So hard-boiled!

Lately I watch the anime in bunches (I have the entire current arc to watch for example) and I remember when I went back to do the same with the previous arc I'd see an event and go, wait, did that really happen in the manga? Go back to the right chapter and yep, there it is, in the background of a panel or two.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Only time I felt annoyed by One Piece's pacing was in the Skypiea arc & Davy Back Fight arc when "WHOOPS, WE GOTTA DO EVEN MORE GAMES CUZ YA LOST BY STUPID LUCK".

That's anime only.
The manga only had three games. The Boat Race, the Groggy Ring, and the Boxing Match. Then Aokiji appeared.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's anime only.
The manga only had three games. The Boat Race, the Groggy Ring, and the Boxing Match. Then Aokiji appeared.
I think I remember you guys mentioning that when it originally aired how the additional games were basically filler. Think that's why it bugs me even more.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Finding a physical copy of Wind Waker HD was such a hassle. Managed to snag the last one at Best Buy.

G1XijEj.gif

Raxus

Eh, shit pacing in EL is a little relative outside a few fights

Most fights last upwards if two episodes tops dismissing the antics in most of them with one exception.

There's been so much negativity lately about Toonami that I'm really craving the block more then ever now. Fucking blizzard day totally wrecked my week

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I miss Moe Blob. Too bad there won't be any character like her, only a thousand times more ridiculous, on an upcoming show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom