• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm just glad I was able to finally sell some of my games in the BST thread & made $55.

........also I'm glad Toonami won't make any amiibo because I'd probably buy them of Tom, Sara, & the Absolution.

It's 2015. While everyone's asking where'l are their hoverboards I'm asking where are my giant robots powered by the souls of dead mothers

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Netflix lost a bunch of anime, including the first four seasons of FMA:B.

But it gained, so, so, much. Season 2 of YU-GI-OH!!!!!!

Tenumi

Banned
Happy New Year ToonamiGAF. Here's to a year free from SAO and other garbage anime.

If SAO2 isn't on Toonami or soon to be by the end of the year, I'd honestly be shocked.

2014 was pretty shitty for a lot of reasons. Here's hoping that 2015 could at least be not quite as shit.

Amen.

I look forward to rejoining ToonamiGAF on weekends that I'm not exhausted from gaming with friends.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
tumblr_mnk7isuQUI1rwai13o1_500.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And Hunter x Hunter...

And JoJo...

And Mushishi...

And Hyoka...

and I'll go cry in a corner...

Someone has Hunter x Hunter, we just have absolutely no idea who! If it's Aniplex we may as well kill ourselves right now. I don't own much anime (Black Lagoon and FMA:B are pretty much it), but HxH is one of those that I'd really like to have.

i should watch Try at some point. but i hear it's not as good, and i don't even like the first one as much as most people do because the Build Knuckles got super repetitive in the second half.

Raxus

Didn't that someone have Hunter x Hunter for the past year almost? At this point I think the person who picked it up is some weeaboo who doesn't want his 'anime tarnished by american dubs'.
i should watch Try at some point. but i hear it's not as good, and i don't even like the first one as much as most people do because the Build Knuckles got super repetitive in the second half.
Like the first one it builds into the good. The last few episodes have been excellent. Although Build Knuckle got tiring at least the fights had a LOT more effort put into them.
I really wish we got to see more of the energy absorption system instead of having it blow up EVERY episode.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Didn't that someone have Hunter x Hunter for the past year almost? At this point I think the person who picked it up is some weeaboo who doesn't want his 'anime tarnished by american dubs'.

I'm almost convinced that's what is going on. That or the Japanese studio is giving whoever picked it up the same kind of shit Funimation is getting over Eva 3.33. I wish there was a way to figure out who picked it up.

I honestly cannot imagine a decent JoJo dub. Not sure Western companies are quite ready for those levels of intensity. Eh maybe I'm wrong though. I'd fucking gladly admit I'm wrong.

Line_HTX

Happy New Year, ToonamiGAF!

Dayum, for someone who is relatively new in the past three months, I somehow got into the Top 10 of posting. \o/

What the hell is this title? o_O

Saw Mushishi dubbed some years back from borrowing a friend's thinpak set. Definitely a journey type anime where you feel like you're walking along with Ginko.

Back into the regularly scheduled programming with Final Act and the back half of Gurren Lagann. I've never finished Deadman Wonderland because for a bit I stopped watching when Toonami came back from oblivion. Now I regret not watching that and Casshern Sins with all of you.

Toonami desparately needs Kirito-chan this year.
laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

The test dub that was on Crunchyroll a few months ago was pretty nice IMO

Oh shit I actually completely forgot that happened. Never got a chance to see it. Damnt now I gotta find it online.

Edit: It was alright. Agree with GMN though. JoJo needs to feel almost stupidly ridiculous and over the top. Feels a little too calm for my liking. Same goes for the regular Japanese dubbing. Shit just don't feel right idk man I DON EVEN KNOW

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
IT HAD BO-BOBO AS JOSEPH JOESTAR. BEST DUB EV0RZ.

.......oh he was also Batou in Ghost in the Shell.

bigkrev

And Hunter x Hunter...

And JoJo...

And Mushishi...

And Hyoka...

and I'll go cry in a corner...

What is the deal with Hyouka? Why did none of the streaming services pick it up? I want to watch it, it looks amazing and won Gaf AOTY, but the only way to watch it is illegally

Line_HTX

Batou was Joseph? Which one was Patrick Seitz then?

I hope the new iteration is at least better than the old series that felt like 80s style animation and looked like Fist of the North Star.

daveo42

Banned
I'm surprised they're gonna air that recap episode.

Nice refresher from the month off we just had. The crazier thing is them starting Bleach off at an odd place then skipping a handful of episodes.

After airing the 5 One Piece recaps I am no longer surprised.

It at least covers stuff people watching on Toonami may have missed outside of one of the upcoming ones...

Line_HTX

Well, let me rephrase that. It's not like it's a bad thing. That's how they drew it up back then. I was only saying this one looks better given how good you can make it look with the animation tech we have. Came a long way from then. I guess I'm too used to easy CG nowadays. I do appreciate the old, drawn stuff though. Yu Yu Hakusho is my favorite old school style, both visually and plot wise.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm surprised they're gonna air that recap episode.
Times like this are actually perfect for recap episodes. Especially for the people who sadly missed the awesome Lordgenome fight.

Whose backstories do we have left for One Piece? Sanji & Chopper are the only two I can think of.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
But we JUST got her backstory as well. Though I'm guessing it's focusing on "HEY REMEMBER ALABASTA?".

daveo42

Banned
But we JUST got her backstory as well. Though I'm guessing it's focusing on "HEY REMEMBER ALABASTA?".

There's another big reason why people hate these backstory episodes other than slowing down the action in Enies Lobby and being retold backstory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom