• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DeMarco is a fan of unavailable guys cockteasing girls everywhere?

School Days confirmed for Toonami.
I hate the MC of that series so damn much, but oh god the reactions to some of the moments, especially the last episode, would be a glorious thing to behold.

Soulflarz

Banned
I hate the MC of that series so damn much, but oh god the reactions to some of the moments, especially the last episode, would be a glorious thing to behold.

It would be, except the fact that if you know the name School Days, you know the animes ending, because the ending is as famous as the show itself.

daveo42

Banned
You really should not watch the CAR-ARI game

I'm preparing myself for the inevitable Bengals loss on Sunday. It's probably going to be bad. Really bad. Which will be made worse by the inevitable loss of Baltimore to Pittsburgh. God I hate Pittsburgh.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Steelers should probably beat Baltimore. Maybe even Denver. I don't think they have any hope against New England though.

I just want them to beat Baltimore so NE gets either the Colts or Bengals next week.

Grexeno

Steelers should probably beat Baltimore. Maybe even Denver. I don't think they have any hope against New England though.

I just want them to beat Baltimore so NE gets either the Colts or Bengals next week.
If the Steelers could beat New England in Foxboro to go to the Superb Owl, I might just go Super Saiyan. FUCK THE PATS

daveo42

Banned
If the Steelers could beat New England in Foxboro to go to the Superb Owl, I might just go Super Saiyan. FUCK THE PATS

If there is one team I hate more than the Pats, its the fucking Steelers. I'd take pretty much any other team over those two from the AFC going to the Super Bowl.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

I sometimes wish Anime GAF had the same hint restriction this place does, I have grown wary of the School Days chortling.

Tenumi

Banned
DeMarco is a fan of unavailable guys cockteasing girls everywhere?

School Days confirmed for Toonami.

I'd totally love to see that happen. No joke. It would be glorious.

Also, we talking NFL? Go Lions. Beat the Cowboys in the Jerry-dome!

pvOhY11.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hope Live2D takes off, because when done right, 3D trying to imitate 2D can look really cool. Hell, maybe they can use it in anime to replace the jarring CGI that just looks so out of place most of the time. Or even cooler, if Namco utilized this, they pretty much would have the best looking anime games, considering how well they tend to capture the look and feel of stuff like One Piece & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

....or maybe it's a step closer to an actual SAO. *goodbyerealworld.jpg*

bigkrev

I'm pissed that my team went 10-6 with Mark fucking Sanchize starting half the games and missed the playoffs, while a sub-500 team made it.

And that we might be loosing Chip Kelly due to front office power play bullshit

I hope Live2D takes off, because when done right, 3D trying to imitate 2D can look really cool. Hell, maybe they can use it in anime to replace the jarring CGI that just looks so out of place most of the time. Or even cooler, if Namco utilized this, they pretty much would have the best looking anime games, considering how well they tend to capture the look and feel of stuff like One Piece & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

THE FUTURRRRREEE....

of anime games and waifus,

Well Namco does have the Naruto Storm series. And that might be contender for best looking game series ever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well Namco does have the Naruto Storm series. And that might be contender for best looking game series ever.
I may not care for Naruto, but I have to agree they can make those games look amazing at times, especially replicating special attack.

Makes me hopeful that PS4 (& I GUESS X1) titles based on anime will look even closer to their source material. The video even mentioned the program would be able to possibly apply special touches that would be able to replicate otherwise difficult art styles.

Soulflarz

Banned
Someone designed 3d in 2d spaces?

Sorry, Arc Sys beat them, and it's why Xrd is so beautiful. Xrd has an art style that is extremely unique.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Someone designed 3d in 2d spaces?

Sorry, Arc Sys beat them, and it's why Xrd is so beautiful. Xrd has an art style that is extremely unique.
They technically released it back in 2009, but only could have the model rotate horizontally a small bit (like, 30 degrees). Now it's close to completion & has the ability to view said models in full 360 degree rotation, plus Oculus Rift support.

I still agree that Xrd looks great. But I think they used different methods to achieve the affect (Unreal Engine 3).

Soulflarz

Banned
They technically released it back in 2009, but only could have the model rotate horizontally a small bit (like, 30 degrees). Now it's close to completion & has the ability to view said models in full 360 degree rotation, plus Oculus Rift support.

I still agree that Xrd looks great. But I think they used different methods to achieve the affect (Unreal Engine 3).

Yeah, the idea behind Xrd is
-Create super high resolution models that look good from any angle
-Slap them on a 2d plane

and the look is amazing.

Interestingly, Blazblue is hand drawn and is at some ridiculous resolution when digitally traced (I think it was 4000xsomething, lol), which is why it looks good for different reasons entirely.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part of me wants to get it on PS3, but I feel like I wanna wait to get it on PS4 so I can fully appreciate the graphics.

& one more night until Deadman Wonderland's back. I can't wait to watch it, but now as a group instead of just myself. Can't believe it's been 2 1/2 years since it originally aired.

ckohler

Yeah, the idea behind Xrd is
-Create super high resolution models that look good from any angle
-Slap them on a 2d plane

and the look is amazing.

Interestingly, Blazblue is hand drawn and is at some ridiculous resolution when digitally traced (I think it was 4000xsomething, lol), which is why it looks good for different reasons entirely.

Probably the biggest reason Xrd's 3D animation looks so much like 2D is that they deliberately cull frames to match the frame rate of traditional 2D anime. So, instead of typical cell shading that has smooth motion, these 3D models move like cell animation.

Soulflarz

Banned
I've really missed Toonami so much has happened in my life the past few weeks Its really nice to see normalcy finally return.

except i have a flight to catch at 6AM tomorrow so the mere idea of me staying up for toonami tonight is insane, and I'll be coming home to a giant 60/70 person party late on the 10th, sooo

aaaghhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom