• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is regular toonami back or are they still showing crappy reruns

Depends upon your definition, I mean this week we have 3 reruns (AoT, Bleach, and DMWL) and 2 recap episodes (OP and GL). So the only premiers tonight are DBZ:K (which for 99% of us is a rewatch), Naruto Shippuden (which is 50% recaps most of the time), and InuYasha Final Act :X At least in 2 weeks we'll be out of recap hell in OP

Moaradin

I really hope we get new premieres on Toonami soon. All these reruns are kinda lame. Guess AoT and Space Dandy ate all the budget :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I really hope we get new premieres on Toonami soon. All these reruns are kinda lame. Guess AoT and Space Dandy ate all the budget :(

Don't forget Hellsing IX and X. I imagine that's why movie month was mostly repeats.

LOLDSFAN

Can't wait until Shippuden gets to this part. ^o^

cpAB6Th.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Clearly we need something that promotes as much confusion as SAO.

Bring Valvrave to Toonami.
Show Valvrave, then Cross Ange afterwards. It'll be the most popular hour on here!

Think they'll replace AoT once it finishes reairing again?

The part where Binbougami ga is referenced?

One of these days, I should watch the dub and see how well it turned out.

It's not that bad, honestly. Someone was watching it on my TV so I peeked at it here and there. The script is pretty well done. Comedy is still preserved.

Never, it becomes the new Brotherhood at 11:30.

They'll probably replace it.

Ponn

Banned
So Funimation channel is free till like the 5th and I was watching Steins;Gate (um, still don't know how I feel about this show) but i decided to DVR some Senran Kagura episodes and i'm watching them now. So seriously if Tonnami wants some ratings they should make like a 3am block of Senran Kagura, Queens Blade, High School DxD and HoTD. This Senran show is so incredibly blatant with its...um....focus.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Funimation channel is free till like the 5th and I was watching Steins;Gate (um, still don't know how I feel about this show) but i decided to DVR some Senran Kagura episodes and i'm watching them now. So seriously if Tonnami wants some ratings they should make like a 3am block of Senran Kagura, Queens Blade, High School DxD and HoTD. This Senran show is so incredibly blatant with its...um....focus.
Ironically, the anime is much more blatant than the games, especially the original 3DS one.

I'm still trying to remember this one channel that Funimation had a block & it had stuff like Case Closed, Kodocha, Spiral (to which I remember nothing about), & Fruits Basket. I swear it was called something among the lines of Colours TV and it was in the 9000s of my Dish.

bigkrev

And then make the 5-6 am hour Kurokos Basketball and Free for a homoerotic hour following that!

So, Gateway Shuffle from Bebop is rated TV-MALS...........Jesus Christ. Either Demarco meant what he said or S&P is just being bullshit.

Code:
show title="Cowboy Bebop"
time="4:00 a.m." 
showId="319442" 
episodeId="9816928" 
episodeName="Gateway Shuffle"
date="01/25/2015"
[B]rating="TV-MALS"[/B]

And yeah, I've been watching The FUNimation Channel for the past hour or 2. Subbed movies ftw.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*tries to remember what Gateway Shuffle was about* What was it originally rated? Does this mean anything got uncensored or changed?

Grexeno

So, Gateway Shuffle from Bebop is rated TV-MALS...........Jesus Christ. Either Demarco meant what he said or S&P is just being bullshit.

Code:
show title="Cowboy Bebop"
time="4:00 a.m." 
showId="319442" 
episodeId="9816928" 
episodeName="Gateway Shuffle"
date="01/25/2015"
[b]rating="TV-MALS"[/b]
And yeah, I've been watching The FUNimation Channel for the past hour or 2. Subbed movies ftw.
Looks like they aren't going to edit out the two dudes having sex this time.

Line_HTX

Show Valvrave, then Cross Ange afterwards. It'll be the most popular hour on here!

Amen to that. The Toonami thread will just blow up past 400 pages every month with those on the air.

How about a trifecta with SAO II starting that 90 minute block? :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fios used to be pretty much the only carrier of Funimation Channel and while I had it they had a fair to poor selection of shows. The best ones that ended up airing included stuff like Kenichi, Ouran High School, Soul Eater (which I didn't watch) and Full Metal Panic with a whole lot of crap like Aquarion and the second season of Darker than Black. In the years since FIOS dropped it they did air some cool stuff like Fairy Tail, Black Lagoon.

What episode of GitS 2nd Gig and Samurai Jack are we on? I'm trying to catch up on all the toonami and pre show stuff I'm behind on. I doubt I can catch up on Samurai Jack for tonight but I can at least use the recap/rerun slots this week to take a decent chunk out of it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So hoping to watch Wind Rises tomorrow, assuming I can find time where I won't get interrupted or hear people upstairs, then might rent GitS Arise on Monday or so. Should I bother waiting to see if it's on Toonami, or just go ahead & rent it? It's only the first two episodes, I think. Seems the episodes are 50 minutes each, so they'd probably have to do something special like Hellsing for a month, & I doubt they'd dedicate each week in Movie Month for it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One of these days, we need a recap episode of a recap episode.

"Remember how we sat around & talked about how we used to sit & talk? Well, why you don't sit while I talk about the time we sat around & talked."

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One of these days, we need a recap episode of a recap episode.

"Remember how we sat around & talked about how we used to sit & talk? Well, why you don't sit while I talk about the time we sat around & talked."

I'm pretty sure Naruto did something like that
Or it might have been an Abridged Series joke

Moaradin

Has anyone else been having trouble with the Adult Swim stream? I remember having issues when I tried to watch last week. Right now the simulcast isn't even popping it. It's just showing old Adult Swim videos.

Has anyone else been having trouble with the Adult Swim stream? I remember having issues when I tried to watch last week. Right now the simulcast isn't even popping it. It's just showing old Adult Swim videos.

Nope, you're probably on the marathon stream. You can't hotlink to the live TV stream iirc.

Also, Fairy Tail's on. (FUNimation Channel)

Now's your chance to enjoy it. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Moaradin

Nope, you're probably on the marathon stream. You can't hotlink to the live TV stream iirc.

Also, Fairy Tail's on. (FUNimation Channel)

Now's your chance to enjoy it. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh, that's weird. The link I had bookmarked doesn't work anymore for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom