• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
But all of them except this one showed stuff that never aired on Nu-TOONAMI.
Yeah, it was a nice trip to rewatch stuff that wasn't on Toonami's return, plus this was with the Funimation dub, so it was kind of new to me.

This, however, was on a couple of months ago. Granted, long enough that I don't mind the flashback.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Meta or Rax, why did they make these recaps in the first place? Was there a time slot switch in Japan or something?

Day and time switched.

Buster call doesn't sound too bad.

Vice Admirals are human weapons and a single one is strong enough to wreck the Strawhats. 10 is like insta-death for almost anyone. The ships are just there to carpet bomb the island so badly that the maps need to be redrawn.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
And other shit moe shows.

Does Toei do other moe shows besides Precure?
Outside of One Piece and the upcoming DIgimon, they're working on Majin Bone and World Trigger (which is probably made on a budget of shoestrings and rice balls)
Oh and Marvel Disk Wars. I wonder if that's getting dubbed.

Mik317

What about Rolling Girls was too bizarre? Aside from the geography talk it seemed pretty straight forward to me. The other show.......yeah........

Yurikuma made me feel like I took drugs and shit...

Like I watch a lot of weird shit but even I couldn't keep up...

will watch next episode in hopes of more context....

What about Rolling Girls was too bizarre? Aside from the geography it seemed pretty straight forward to me. The other show.......yeah........

I didn't get the world or the story they were trying to tell, something about Japan being broken into lots of little divisions with each one having a powerful leader and these leaders fight each other to gain each others territory? The story focused on someone who doesn't have these powers and was generally all over the place. The animation/art were stellar I might just watch the fight scenes and skip the story stuff

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Meta or Rax, why did they make these recaps in the first place? Was there a time slot switch in Japan or something?

Time slot changes and the show had actually been off the air for a while. These recaps all aired in October 2006, and One Piece had only aired twice in the nearly two months prior to them.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Time slot changes and the show had actually been off the air for a while. These recaps all aired in October 2006, and One Piece had only aired twice in the nearly two months prior to them.

Man, the anime these days could use some time off...
*looks at manga gap* Jeez....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom