• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku sorry, bro. You gotta Armageddon this bitch. On a related note, in the Spanish dub of DBZ the guy who did Goku's voice was also the voice of Bruce Willis for all his movies. Made for some fun movies.

Seda

you could argue that dying on an exploding planet is 'natural' and he can't be brought back.

but that doesnt seem to be true, and doesnt matter anyway.

VvLr9eG.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
That scene would have been amazingly dramatic and affecting if it hadn't come literally five minutes after we learned the Namekian Dragonballs can resurrect someone as many times as you want without limits.

Should've held that info for after that scene.

Crocodile

There was a new episode every day vs. once a week it is now.

Oh and those episodes were new.

Also we were all teenagers or younger and didn't know any better

this scene is pretty powerful tho.

Man, imagine if Goku actually died (or was assumed dead and taken out of the series for an actually extended period of time). Imagine if anything had consequences in DB O_O :O

Seriously why the hell did the introduce that out BEFORE Namek exploded? Any and all pretense of tension is gone.

Good point. This might have been a nail biter when this was new in the manga. Then again I assume expectations built up over the course of the series would have assuaged any real fears.

Okay, you literally just told us that the Namekian Dragon Balls give infinite resurrections. Why are we supposed to be afraid Goku is going to die?

they just said the Namek Dragon Balls don't have that limitation

like five minutes ago

If they brought him back he would be revived where Namek exploded which has no air.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So yeah. I agree with what everyone's saying.

Can't really end with a cliffhanger of someone dying when you flat-out state you have a magical device that lets you bring back people from death as many times as you want just a few minutes before.

Crocodile

you could argue that dying on an exploding planet is 'natural' and he can't be brought back.

I assume "natural" to be code for cellular degradation (i.e. organ/system failure from aging)

Line_HTX

The explanation and footage was completely different and just didn't connect. I never liked how it was actually shown compared to this footage. Like, does that mean that King Kai couldn't sense it?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what's gonna prevent them from going "Hey, we wish everyone was dead & revived on a fully restored planet Namek"?

.......whatever, time for Akame ga Kill.

......who's this girl next to Wave?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That scene would have been amazingly dramatic and affecting if it hadn't come literally five minutes after we learned the Namekian Dragonballs can resurrect someone as many times as you want without limits.

Should've held that info for after that scene.

Dying because the planet you were on no longer exists seems like pretty natural causes, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom