• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Can't speak for Super (Toei pls...Funi pls) but RnF Spoilers

they kinda go into this in the movie...and even with the retcon lolno do it again shit, hopefully Goku does learn from it. But lets be real he won't because reasons

I've seen the movie and
I know they touched upon it but until I see results I'm not getting my hopes up

I feel like that scene of him wrestling with whether or not to show mercy to Frieza is a bit of a regression of his character. I've pointed it out already but he's had no problem killing dudes like these before. I understood the Piccolo Jr. thing a little bit (a little bit) but then he does it again with Vegeta and here with Frieza.

That newfound mercy he has is something that really did come out of no where and I would probably not even care if the potential threat he was keeping alive wasn't a dangerous sociopath who had the ability to obliterate planets on a whim.

You could make the argument that his training/time on Earth as an adolescent and after having a son may have soften him up a bit but the show never really explores that so yeah there is a contrast between current Goku and a lot of Dragon Ball Goku. It didn't have to be that way but Toriyama would have had to have care to avoid the issue.

You know what's even more anime

XCX

Has Toonami reviewed any Wii U games?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeah, I feel TFS made the right choice to make Nail part of Piccolo's subconscious.

Namek loophole!

Wait how would Dende know that? Werent they a peaceful race? Or does that mean like there were accidents and such or that theres some namekian on namekian murders???

Why did the Earth Dragonballs have that limit? Is it because Kami was confused on how to remake Dragonballs?

How do Namekians make Dragonballs? Do they just have this power to make an all powerful being who grants wishes? Can't they do that themselves then?

How does this work again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom