• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know friends, if a person dines on meat so exquisite that so many willingly deprive themselves of, then he really is a member of the exclusive elite.
320px-Mortimer.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've got a lot of friends in the DC metro area and the the last time they had half an inch of snow the city was basically shut down for four days. They've got 60 times that much.

Raxus

So I'm officially snowed in at this point. They just revised the projection up to 30 inches and all the roads and shit are closing. So long as I don't lose power I've got no reason not to stay up for Toonami.

I just dug myself out but really I have nowhere to go unless it is an emergency.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So.......................is that skeleton actually Michael Jackson since it is THRIIIILLLEEERRRRRRR Bark?

I liked Virtue's Last Reward, but not as much as the first game.

It was good, and in some ways really improved over the original game, but the story didn't grab me as much as the first did.

I'm gonna prepare you for something Metroid.

Life is Strange has an ending that will probably either make you say "Eh, that's alright" or "Wow that was a terrible ass ending right there."

I don't think very many people love the ending of Life is Strange. They apparently had to alter the story a bit towards the end, cut some scenes out entirely.

I pulled out the old GBA and, after I don't know how many years of being stuck in Metroid Fusion, finally beat what I believe is the 2nd to last boss.

So yay....?

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm gonna prepare you for something Metroid.

Life is Strange has an ending that will probably either make you say "Eh, that's alright" or "Wow that was a terrible ass ending right there."

I don't think very many people love the ending of Life is Strange. They apparently had to alter the story a bit towards the end, cut some scenes out entirely.

The ending suffers from ME's issue, except it doesn't ignore certain aspects like ME3 did, it simply
invalidates your decisions through the entire game, making it the most pointless thing on earth to play.

Grexeno

The ending suffers from ME's issue, except it doesn't ignore certain aspects like ME3 did, it simply
invalidates your decisions through the entire game, making it the most pointless thing on earth to play.
I don't get why this type of story screw-up keeps happening.

Soulflarz

Banned
I don't get why this type of story screw-up keeps happening.

Because you have a giant story written and then you have a clear ending

People need to realize- don't give players very high levels of agency in every regard and sell it as a reason to play the game if you're going to take it all away in the end.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Because you have a giant story written and then you have a clear ending

People need to realize- don't give players very high levels of agency in every regard and sell it as a reason to play the game if you're going to take it all away in the end.

The problem is that writing endings is hard and when you give players too much choice they expect a different ending for each set of choices. The more choices you give the more endings you need to write. It's just easier to have everything branch out from the beginning and then come together again for the end.

Raxus

Wanna talk about lazy endings? Fallout 4 basically has the same ending for 3 out of the 4 factions you can ally with.

Granted it is Bethesda so the laziness was expected. Still disappointing.

Wanna talk about lazy endings? Fallout 4 basically has the same ending for 3 out of the 4 factions you can ally with.

There's a lot of stuff wrong with Fallout 4, not just its story.
But fuck bringing back Liberty Prime. Jesus that's lazy.

Well, its story is still better than Fallout 3's...
CGgxp_dUYAEgciT.png

I think this makes me laugh every time I see it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair, barring one non-canon™ DLC expansion, Fallout's story trajectory has been on a downward spiral the entire time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A valley, a mountain peak, and then the Mariana Trench.

1 is also better than 2, which is better than 3, which isn't as good as New Vegas, but that's basically a Non-Canon™ expansion that doesn't count, but 3 despite its massive flaws is apparently still a better story than 4.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Wow, that is the laziest thing I have ever heard of. There's 4 factions and they couldn't be bothered to write more than 2 endings? Thank god I didn't bother with that game.

I'm sad that Fallout New Vegas is basically not canon.

It's not perfect. But it felt competently written, and it actually had DLC that was worth buying.

Also Arcade is better than all of the companions in Fallout 4. All of them.

Especially fucking
Danse.

I ask a question, and the asshole jumps down my throat.
Fuck that guy.

New Vegas is totally canon, theres just hardly any relation between the NCR and the Commonwealth, but the NCR and NV stuff are mentioned in 4.

But I guess it wouldn't be unlike Bethesda to finagle it around like when its revealed in F4 Jet is a pre war drug, despite the inventor of Jet being a party member in F2.

Soulflarz

Banned
The problem is that writing endings is hard and when you give players too much choice they expect a different ending for each set of choices. The more choices you give the more endings you need to write. It's just easier to have everything branch out from the beginning and then come together again for the end.

Yes

have it come together as something that affects your endings lead up if you're going that route

Not the actual ending ignores every sense of agency because your lead up implied you'd have a variety of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom