• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was posted over on the gaming side recently, but this video shows why Fallout New Vegas is easily better than 3 or 4.

It's a bit old, but it documents why the Beyond the Beef quest in New Vegas is amazing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
IYySNPU.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, the team plans to resurrect Goku and Krillin with the Namekian dragon balls but there's a small problem with that plan, Night Raid sets their sights on the prime minister, Shinichi remains haunted by Kana's death, the gang rolls the dice as the clash between the Nagatomi and Kawara gangs reaches the boiling point, the Leaf ninja begin to throw down with Guren's team, the Straw Hats battle with the various members of the Accino Family with varying degrees of success, and Satsuki launches her raid on the Kansai region while Ryuko helps an ousted student from the newspaper club.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 53 - Goku's Final Attack! Countdown to Planet Namek's Destruction!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 54 - Goku Vanishes Into Space! Welcome Home, Super Warriors!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 20 - Kill Pandemonium
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 13 - Hello Sadness
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 4 - Hellhounds for Hire (Part 2)
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 96 - The Unseeing Enemy
2:30 - One Piece - 330 - The Staw Hat’s Hard Battles! A Pirate Soul Risking It All for the Flag!
3:00 - KILL la KILL - 13 - Crazy for You

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*watches Matt and Pat play Raven's Cry* ... This was a game released in 2015. Holy balls.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait...Champloo aired on TOONAMI before?!?
It's considered a rerun due to the fact Adult Swim aired it many years ago, so while it's new to Toonami specifically, it's not really new in terms of Adult Swim or Cartoon Network.

I would imagine he did the same thing for shows like FMA Brotherhood which was in the middle of another rerun when it joins (which I'm sure confused some people) or something already on CN like Thundercats or Sym-Bionic Titan.

*watches Matt and Pat play Raven's Cry* ... This was a game released in 2015. Holy balls.

Yeah I watched that too. That game...doesn't look great.

There are maybe two good Pirate games I can name off the top of my head. Assassin Creed Black Flag and Sid Meier's Pirates.

Why does realizing that feel bad?

Raxus

Champloo on classic Toonami would have been horrible.

Pretty sure we'd have to cut arguably one of the best episodes in the series.

Hell several of the best episodes are pretty sketchy for regular broadcast outside of a late night block.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Pretty sure we'd have to cut arguably one of the best episodes in the series.

Hell several of the best episodes are pretty sketchy for regular broadcast outside of a late night block.

Indeed, I stilk remember how mangled Outlaw Star was.

BatDan

Yeah I watched that too. That game...doesn't look great.

There are maybe two good Pirate games I can name off the top of my head. Assassin Creed Black Flag and Sid Meier's Pirates.

Why does realizing that feel bad?

Pirates need more love in gaming.
It's not like the One Piece games involve actual piracy. Or getting English dubs because Namco are cheap assholes

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Does Namco even bother with dubs for anime games outside of DBZ, which makes sense since people grew up watching the Engilsh version? I know for certain they didn't dub SAO.

BatDan

Does Namco even bother with dubs for anime games outside of DBZ, which makes sense since people grew up watching the Engilsh version? I know for certain they didn't dub SAO.

Seems to just be DBZ and Naruto.
I mean, I can understand not dubbing more obscure stuff like Jojo and Saint Seiya but One Piece is pretty big. It's been 9 years since Funimation took over anyway so 4Kids really shouldn't be an issue anymore.
Also, Funimation being behind isn't an excuse when the upcoming Naruto game has (major character spoilers)
Kaguya, when the anime isn't even close to her

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's considered a rerun due to the fact Adult Swim aired it many years ago, so while it's new to Toonami specifically, it's not really new in terms of Adult Swim or Cartoon Network.

I would imagine he did the same thing for shows like FMA Brotherhood which was in the middle of another rerun when it joins (which I'm sure confused some people) or something already on CN like Thundercats or Sym-Bionic Titan.

Thundercats and Sym-Bionic Titan, no. FMA, GITS, and Eureka seveN, yes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thundercats and Sym-Bionic Titan, no. FMA, GITS, and Eureka seveN, yes.
Ah, so new to Adult Swim, then. That makes sense.

I was looking up if they dubbed the Naruto games, which I kind of figured since once again, I think most people discovered that series via the English dub.

Now I'm trying to remember if they dubbed the Gundam Dynasty Warriors games, but I feel like the answer's "no".

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seems to just be DBZ and Naruto.
I mean, I can understand not dubbing more obscure stuff like Jojo and Saint Seiya but One Piece is pretty big. It's been 9 years since Funimation took over anyway so 4Kids really shouldn't be an issue anymore.
We kind of also have to take into consideration Namco tends to release some OP games as digital only (see Pirate Warriors 1 & 2, and 3 only got retail on PS4 while PS3 & Vita were digital only). Hell, we didn't even get that 3DS OP game, which bums me out because I wanted to use my amiibo to unlock Mario Luffy & Wii-Fit Trainer Nami.

I guess the sales aren't as high compared to DBZ games to warrant the cost of dubbing or something.

BatDan

We kind of also have to take into consideration Namco tends to release some OP games as digital only (see Pirate Warriors 1 & 2, and 3 only got retail on PS4 while PS3 & Vita were digital only). Hell, we didn't even get that 3DS OP game, which bums me out because I wanted to use my amiibo to unlock Mario Luffy & Wii-Fit Trainer Nami.

I'd be all over Fox Sanji and Marth Brook.

I'm still bummed that Chopper isn't Pikachu, they share the same voice actor! Then I learned about TPC being stingy with amiibo use and it all made sense.

I think they're finally learning how popular One Piece really is with more retail releases lately. Burning Blood is getting one. Hell, it's getting an Xbox One version (how bizarre is that?)

I'm kind of both scared and excited to see how bad Akame ga Kill filler can get.

It's gonna be an experience. Tonight we get more of the minster's son!

Also, whenever I'm depressed, I go read tweets from Hideki Kamiya.

For a guy that makes games attract such a fan following, he really seems to dislike his fans sometimes.

Mizerman

Ah, so new to Adult Swim, then. That makes sense.

I was looking up if they dubbed the Naruto games, which I kind of figured since once again, I think most people discovered that series via the English dub.

Now I'm trying to remember if they dubbed the Gundam Dynasty Warriors games, but I feel like the answer's "no".

They dubbed the first two DW:G games. Afterwards? Nah.

I'm kind of both scared and excited to see how bad Akame ga Kill filler can get.

Welcome...to hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom