• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're harsher on Tree of Might than I was. I thought it was an alright flim largely brought down by the first half and the bollocks involving Icarus. That said I'm currently on flim 6 and trust me it only gets worse.

I don't think it's as bad as Broly or anything, but we were really disappointed with the henchmen fights since those were the highlight of the first two. I also think Gohan turning into an ape is the only fight I can recall liking. I guess I just hope these things get better about managing their runtime at some point, because they've been deteriorating in that regard. Dead Zone was great about getting right into the stuff that mattered. World's Strongest is still the best of the three, but it had some fat that could be trimmed, and with Tree of Might you can outright remove half of the movie if you cut Icarus.

I have trouble remembering how much I enjoyed DBZ movies after I watch the abridged version of them. Haven't watched the abridged version of Tree of Might though and I only vaguely remember it.

Seda

I saw many of the movies when I was pretty young.

I remember, thinking Bio Broly was easily the worst. I do recall that I liked Bojack even if it was a retread of things but who knows if it's actually any good at all.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I saw many of the movies when I was pretty young.

I remember, thinking Bio Broly was easily the worst. I do recall that I liked Bojack even if it was a retread of things but who knows if it's actually any good at all.

SPOILERS:

Bio Broly is
easily the worst DBZ movie.
Bojack is
one of the better DBZ movies.

I do remember Bio Broly having one cool moment.

Tien tries to take on fucking Trucks, and actually does okay at first. Then Trunks goes super saiyan and just ends it.

On the bright side, s2 never coming to toonami!
3k5Fx.gif

I'm trying to remember if there was anything good about the second season of Darker than Black.

I can't remember much about that season to be honest. I think my brain blocked the second season out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's so bad that you had to repress your memories, eh?

I remember watching the first season on Netflix and thinking it was pretty good. Then the second season was premiering on the Funimation Channel and when I went to record it I got a bit through the first episode and then went hmmm, I'll watch this later, and never getting back to it.

It's like my brain knew this was leading nowhere good and saved me from the torment. Same reason why I've yet to see the Eureka Seven movie or sequel series. That's even worse in some regards because while I enjoyed DTB's first season I adore E7.

I also saw the Nicktoons version of most of the DBZ movies so I don't know how much different they are from the normal versions other than Fusion Reborn where they edited out Hitler.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'm trying to remember if there was anything good about the second season of Darker than Black.

I can't remember much about that season to be honest. I think my brain blocked the second season out.
I think it's pretty telling that the most memorable thing to come out of season 2 was the gif Moaradin posted.

Mizerman

You got off lucky. Then again, so did I. I didn't even bother watching season 2.

I also saw the Nicktoons version of most of the DBZ movies so I don't know how much different they are from the normal versions other than Fusion Reborn where they edited out Hitler.

Strangely enough, they didn't edit too much in the movies when they were on Nick. Kept most of the language and what not.

It's like my brain knew this was leading nowhere good and saved me from the torment. Same reason why I've yet to see the Eureka Seven movie or sequel series. That's even worse in some regards because while I enjoyed DTB's first season I adore E7.

*Fist bump*

The movies that aired on nick are the same that aired on CN ages ago, the only recent changed ones are the 2 moves that Toonami aired which removed the BG music and replaced it with the original score otherwise nothing else was changed.

Made sure to confirm that with Kanzenshuu ages ago.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I'm officially snowed in at this point. They just revised the projection up to 30 inches and all the roads and shit are closing. So long as I don't lose power I've got no reason not to stay up for Toonami.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If you want some real ninjas, Ninja Sentai Kakuranger has been confirmed for a DVD release.
Has a better Sasuke than that other Sasuke.

bigkrev

How many Toonami friends are going to die of freezing to death

Tune in next week to find out!

It's actually not that cold out. I actually was fine without Gloves.
It's just that the snow is deep and neverending. We have an expensive Snowblower, and it's too deep to use

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's actually not that cold out. I actually was fine without Gloves.
It's just that the snow is deep and neverending. We have an expensive Snowblower, and it's too deep to use

Nah, you've probably just got it set wrong. Too much snow for a snowblower is like...7 feet. I know from experience.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember last year, it got to around negative 20*F. Hasn't been that bad (...yet...) but since I live on an unpaved road on the border of town, it means more ice & snow build-up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I remember last year, it got to around negative 20*F. Hasn't been that bad (...yet...) but since I live on an unpaved road on the border of town, it means more ice & snow build-up.

It's just barely snowing here in MA. Mailman just delivered what is presumably a Lucas Amiibo from Amazon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish MY mail carrier delivered me a Lucas amiibo.......AMAZON PRIME.

Just glad my car got fixed last week with its fuel leak (needed a fuel pump, uncle was kind enough to buy that part for me to cut the total cost down to $290) & heating not working correctly (window defroster wasn't turning on, just the front vents)....though I need to see if my 4-wheel drive is working. In a single week, I got stuck in the snow.......3 times?

Line_HTX

The start of the gecko Blue Exorcist ending begins.

Whatever, while I was entertained by the stupidity, I don't think the manga is any better. Honestly, I don't even know why people liked this story back when the anime first aired.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They just need to do a comedy spin-off of Blue Exorcist. The comedy was probably the best part, both intentional & unintentional.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just learned of the storm happening the Northeast. If you're in that area, hope you stay safe and warm & don't lose power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom