• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
I dunno.

To be honest, the dragon balls only really make sense in the original and Super where everything is a joke and nothing's taken seriously. Z is just dumb.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
He seems to try & give Satan a hard time, so that's already a plus in my book.

I dunno.

To be honest, the dragon balls only really make sense in the original and Super where everything is a joke and nothing's taken seriously. Z is just dumb.
Now to be fair, part of Dragon Ball, the original series, was about the journey of collecting them & ensuring they didn't end up in the wrong hands, so I'll excuse that since I think there's only a few wishes ever made & they were stuff that didn't feel as deus ex. There, I can excuse it because they don't seem to depend on them to bring people back to life, making death a non-threat.

Moaradin

Dragon Ball Super spoilers
They're straight up making Broly canon but he's a girl and she gets super buff just like Broly.

Toriyama da god

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dragon Ball Super spoilers
They're straight up making Broly canon but he's a girl and she gets super buff just like Broly.

Toriyama da god

KaiserNeko: [internally screaming]

I hope she's an actual character and not a lame brute like Broly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRWP4a4HKu4&t=1453s

On the Toonami Show Rundown this week, we talked about the last two weeks of the block so the episode is a bit longer.

I titled it "The Glass Benagherie" because I'm a terrible person.

Around 1:17:00 or so we have a pretty long discussion about Naruto that I think is pretty good which digs into why some of us don't particularly buy most of the plot developments or the world-building that's happened in the past few episodes.

then why didn't they
wipe the villains minds of their evil intents if they can erase memories?

"hey shenron, make them forget they're evil"

*poof*

"what the hell are we doing here"

"We were training in case anyone evil tried to attack"

I'm sorry, but when you have a giant-ass deus ex machina in your show, I can't help but wonder these things.

For that matter, what was the reason why Androids 16 & 17 weren't wished back to life?.....or rebuilt?

17 isn't dead anymore since he got revived back with the Dragon Balls during the Cell saga.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
17 isn't dead anymore since he got revived back with the Dragon Balls during the Cell saga.
Ahh, okay. I couldn't remember 17 being revived or not & if there was some stupid "nah I can't revive androids/cyborgs/robots/etc." rule or whatever.

Still doesn't explain why 16 wasn't brought back...or rebuilt by Bulma &/or her dad.

Seda

I don't remember when it shows up exactly but IIRC they introduce more Itachi stuff via
Sasuke's memories that Sasuke forget about but starts to reremember
and that's like the worst avenue you could have taken there.

I don't remember when it shows up exactly but IIRC they introduce more Itachi stuff via
Sasuke's memories that Sasuke forget about but starts to reremember
and that's like the worst avenue you could have taken there.

Iirc (shippuden spoilers)
they retcon itatchi's story like 5 more times

To sorta paraphrase what I said on the podcast, I think the political stuff about the village is interesting in theory, but Kishimoto has done such a terrible job of convincingly creating a tangible kind of world for Naruto that I am unable to buy any of it.

It's like, I see you over there quickly shoveling stuff into the big gaping hole you left in your world-building for YEARS, dude. Stop pretending I don't.

cntr

Banned
Kind of like Dragonball Z, Shippuden started forgetting all the fun things in its world and it just became fightsfightsfights and bullshit.

at least super returned to form with things like those aliens last episode

PixelatedBookake

I've had this hypothesis for a while, and it doesn't make sense if you think about it for more than 30 seconds, but I've always thought that Jack's sword turns organic creatures into robots when he slices through them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm debating how to handle tonight now. Friend just called me to say he can't make it to work due to the fact he got into a ditch & the fog is absolutely terrible out where he is.

On the one hand, I can leave right after Jojo, but then that means I'd start work later. I can start close to 11 p.m., but then I'd miss all of Toonami instead of half of it & I don't feel like watching DB Super or Kai by myself.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*checks to see what happens in Jojo tonight*

......uuuggghhhhhhh, that's the main show I like to stick around to see reactions, but considering I want to get tonight's shift done & over with, I might just give in & miss most of Toonami tonight....

also crap, this means I gotta watch Unicorn by myself.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's basically the same situation as Fist of the North Star. That show also has a late second opening that's really good, but the first opening is so strong it never needed a replacement to begin with.

*checks to see what happens in Jojo tonight*

......uuuggghhhhhhh, that's the main show I like to stick around to see reactions, but considering I want to get tonight's shift done & over with, I might just give in & miss most of Toonami tonight....

also crap, this means I gotta watch Unicorn by myself.

If you want zonic we can have a chat in like discord or twitter since I'll likely be watching toonami tomorrow afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom