• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news! I had an interview today so I didn't have to think about the horror unfolding in our capital.

Bad news...I did just okay on the interview. Kinda flubbed on a big question. Did alright personality wise I think.

Ray Down

Banned
Fuuka 04
Drama!
Sonic and the Hedgehogs!
Oh that ending was the last straw. I'm out!
Wait a minute. That post credit tease seems interesting.
I'm back in!

Mr.-Bones.jpg

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I don't think we'd ever see Fuuka come to Toonami. The appeal to the usual crowd seems pretty negligible over other shows like MHA and Mob Psycho 100.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Amazon sent my copy of GR2 in a big foot-ish long box with pretty much nothing else to protect it. Least it arrived safely.

Also seems lately you guys give all the fuukas lately about Fuuka.

Is Dragon Quest good?

It's received well, but I feel like it has a much quieter fanbase in comparison to Persona or Final Fantasy.

Clearly you haven't paid attention to Japan

Dragon quest is a fantastic series that I recommend to anyone who appreciates a slower old school jrpg. Dragon Quest 8 is the best starting spot for new players so if curious get the 3ds enhanced port.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dragon Quest got TWO musou spin-offs before Final Fantasy.

Hell, FIRE EMBLEM got a musou spin-off before Final Fantasy.

That should partly say just how popular the series is.

.............also where's my Final Fantasy Warriors?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Disney Musou: Featuring Marvel & Star Wars

Mickey summons a steamboat to attack everyone

& Jar Jar is the joke character

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Especially when it's in small/tight areas like the Tarzan stage & you feel like you're fighting against the camera.

I might pick up the 1.5 + 2.5 collection, but I didn't even touch 2.5 when I got it on PS3 (aside from the easy trophies for watching the cutscenes of Re:Coded which MADE NO SENSE), so maybe I should just skip it since I didn't get far when replaying KH1 (I got about halfway through the Nightmare Before Christmas world before stopping).

Chase17

Dragon Quest V is one of the best games I've played.

The two episodes of Rakugo I've watched, really help prepare me for this ace attorney case.

Mizerman

Dragon Quest got TWO musou spin-offs before Final Fantasy.

Hell, FIRE EMBLEM got a musou spin-off before Final Fantasy.

That should partly say just how popular the series is.

.............also where's my Final Fantasy Warriors?

FE got one hell of a re-invigoration.

Gravity Rush has no depth in terms of combat mechanics. Just do your flying kick at everything till it's dead. This might not be a problem if the game was successful at spicing things up, but I have a hard time engaging with chase missions where I can't actually catch what I'm chasing until the game gives the okay.

Kat is alright tho.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just fought a boss without using a single flying kick on it because it could knock half my health away if I wasn't careful.

I'm starting to notice picking up objects & tossing them is actually useful this time around, as I almost never did it in the previous game.

Also flying kicking isn't really suggested against the faster flying enemies, like those dragonflies, half the time it misses so I realize "oh right, I should just throw stuff at them"

But I still understand if the combat doesn't click & it can feel repetitive, especially in the first game. I get why people thought the first game was a good "proof of concept" than an actual game. I imagine it's hard trying to figure out to design combat for a game that gives you full control of how your character moves through the air.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Gravity Rush is like a character action game. You can spam some simple but useful attacks and get very little out of the game but if you start to experiment with the different powers and abilities then it gets really fun.

I had a friend who complained about Dishonored in a similar fashion and was like,"I can just use blink to get past everything" without realizing a good part of the fun is playing with the incredible powers.

bigkrev

Everyone should go see XXX. I IMPLORE you to avoid spoilers about it.

Good news! I had an interview today so I didn't have to think about the horror unfolding in our capital.

Bad news...I did just okay on the interview. Kinda flubbed on a big question. Did alright personality wise I think.

Yeah I had a phone interview this afternoon. It was a big stretch when I applied so I was kinda surprised the contacted me, and after the interview i'm pretty sure i'm not getting the job, but hey, it was a good distraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom