• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
3CBJkBA.jpg

Everyone knows you can't figure out who someone is if they put on a cloak.

Works for the Heartless too.

Love that game. Have a replay planned for the first week in Feb.

I'd absolutely love a revamped Switch version in HD. Keep the sprites though, just make everything HD.

ckohler

Episode 40 "Swiggity Swooty"
It's just Grexeno and ckohler this week and they discuss Vegeta's domestic issues, Videl's true strength, Jojo's perfect disguise, Unicorn's info dump, Gon using floor tiles, Sasuke's motives, and Kuma's return.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode040.mp3

Timecodes:
0:00:38 DB Super
0:06:20 DBZ Kai
0:12:08 Jojo
0:16:42 Gundam Unicorn
0:25:18 HxH
0:29:00 Shippuden
0:41:17 One Piece
0:46:56 Final Thoughts and Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Episode 40 "Swiggity Swooty"
It's just Grexeno and ckohler this week and they discuss Vegeta's domestic issues, Videl's true strength, Jojo's perfect disguise, Unicorn's info dump, Gon using floor tiles, Sasuke's motives, and Kuma's return.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode040.mp3

Timecodes:
0:00:38 DB Super
0:06:20 DBZ Kai
0:12:08 Jojo
0:16:42 Gundam Unicorn
0:25:18 HxH
0:29:00 Shippuden
0:41:17 One Piece
0:46:56 Final Thoughts and Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

I'm pissed I missed it this week. I got home after work and just passed out until like 9:30 :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, he only did Bloody Stream for Jojo & one Naruto ED. His name is Kazusou Oda, or Coda.

....well, that, & the version of Part 4's OP where they got everyone who sung a Jojo OP to reappear.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So I go into work before my shift, hoping to pick up Dragon Quest VIII.
They don't have it, they don't even have it in the system.
I don't even understand how....

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Beerus is on the hunt for the Super Saiyan God while Bulma gets prepped for her epic birthday party, Great Saiyaman becomes ever more notorious and Videl gets ever more suspicious, JoJo is faced with his greatest test yet as he takes on the seemingly impervious ultimate being Santana, battle breaks out across the colony while Banagher makes a surprising discovery under the Vist Mansion, Gon and Killua learn the most important lesson about Nen yet as Gon prepares for his long anticipated match with Hisoka, Tobi puts Sasuke and Taka to good use and promptly sics them on the Eight Tails' jinchuriki, the battered and exhausted Straw Hat Pirates put all their efforts into taking on the Tyrant Kuma but his inexplicably hax powers may be too much even for them, and finally Saitama crosses paths with the dominator of the universe Boros while the other heroes try to stand their ground against the alien invaders.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 3 - Where Does the Dream Pick Up?! Find the Super Saiyan God!
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 3 - Where Does the Dream Pick Up?! Find the Super Saiyan God!
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 101 - Videl's Crisis? Gohan's Urgent Call-out!
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 13 - JoJo vs. the Ultimate Lifeform
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 3 - They Called It Gundam
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 35 - The × True × Pass
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 142 - Battle of Unraikyo
2:30 - One Piece - 376 - It Repels Everything! Kuma’s Paw-Paw Power!
3:00 - One-Punch Man - 11 - The Dominator of the Universe

Mizerman

Tonight on Toonami, Beerus is on the hunt for the Super Saiyan God while Bulma gets prepped for her epic birthday party, Great Saiyaman becomes ever more notorious and Videl gets ever more suspicious, JoJo is faced with his greatest test yet as he takes on the seemingly impervious ultimate being Santana, battle breaks out across the colony while Banagher makes a surprising discovery under the Vist Mansion, Gon and Killua learn the most important lesson about Nen yet as Gon prepares for his long anticipated match with Hisoka, Tobi puts Sasuke and Taka to good use and promptly sics them on the Eight Tails' jinchuriki, the battered and exhausted Straw Hat Pirates put all their efforts into taking on the Tyrant Kuma but his inexplicably hax powers may be too much even for them, and finally Saitama crosses paths with the dominator of the universe Boros while the other heroes try to stand their ground against the alien invaders.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 3 - Where Does the Dream Pick Up?! Find the Super Saiyan God!
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 3 - Where Does the Dream Pick Up?! Find the Super Saiyan God!
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 101 - Videl's Crisis? Gohan's Urgent Call-out!
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 13 - JoJo vs. the Ultimate Lifeform
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 3 - They Called It Gundam
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 35 - The × True × Pass
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 142 - Battle of Unraikyo
2:30 - One Piece - 376 - It Repels Everything! Kuma’s Paw-Paw Power!
3:00 - One-Punch Man - 11 - The Dominator of the Universe

*Rubs hands together*

This is gonna be so good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Funny story time. Back in the year 2014 I was facing a trivial, albeit strong bit of personal conflict with myself. I wanted to get back into MMOs for some reason, but I didn't really want to upgrade my PC and had no real interest in picking up one of the console options or playing something super old either (Predating WoW old as that doesn't run on this, my office computer) and as I got closer and closer to this I was also thinking about finally digging into Bayonetta 1 and 2, which were soon approaching. 2014 was a golden year for buying games digitally on Nintendo platforms, it was the height of the DDP program so I was getting money back left and right, it was also one of the best years for Club Nintendo deals where you register certain products you got stuff back and it was the year that Best Buy ran two separate deals for 20% off of Nintendo eshop credit, so I was buying a lot of games for both the present and future.

Bayonetta 1/2 come out...and it's basically the largest download available on the Wii U. This was a good year before they started preloading games on the system so that night I was bored and because the first 20% deal at Best Buy had started, absolutely flushed with credit, so much so that I had maxed out what you could have on the system and had enough to empty it out and max it again sitting right there on my desk, along with at least 50 bucks in the DDP. So I was pretty much buying everything with any pedigree in hopes of playing it down the road. Bayonetta was going to take another hour or two, and I remember really enjoying the Treehouse Live presentation of a fairly old Japanese 3DS game that they were finally bringing over two years later. A game with a lot of cutey crafting and real time battles. Fantasy Life. So I figure, eh, I'll grab this and play it while waiting for Bayonetta to download, maybe pick it up in six months or so as my 3DS backlog was gigantic at that point from the great year of 2013 and the pretty okay year of 2014. I start the game up and I am hooked almost immediately. I play it for the next month straight and never even open up either Bayonetta game.

Fast forward to the end of October 2016. I've decided to buckle down and play a ton of games in my back catalog before yet another Nintendo system comes out in March. By my standards I do a good job in November and a great job in December, knocking out some really big games along the way and barely buying anything to replace it with. I finish W101 in very early January and give myself at least a fighting chance of finally beating Bayonetta 1 and possibly 2 before DQ VIII comes out. What could possibly stand in my way of getting that done?

My friend, who bought the same game around the same time I did, finally gets into Fat Nasty Life.

Now when I say I played Fantasy life, I really played it. It has the second highest rate of play time per session in my tracking file, behind only ZTD which I basically beat in one shot. It's the only game on the 3DS where I've run out the battery, including one time frantically buying an extra charger just to plug it in while staying at my sisters. I beat the DLC more or less. Maxed all the jobs. Did almost all of the quests. But I wasn't max level. Didn't have all the best equipment for every job. Haven't maxed all of the skills. I...almost have now. I mean, I didn't need to do it to play with my friend; I could already beat almost everything we fought in one hit, mine every fish, saw every ore, catch every tree. Make any recipe he could use for the next sixty hours. Give him a stack of healing items better than anything he could make without being in the post game. But instead of playing Steins;Gate while on break and Bayonetta when I got home I just played another thirty hours of Fat Nasty Life. The game that made me forget about MMOs (this game has a simple but very satisfying crafting loop, or more accurately a web) forget about Bayonetta twice, and forget about getting anything new done on my backlog for two weeks. I've done it all and will still play with this friend as he suffers through his own addiction with it because I can speed up his path but it looks like Bayonetta is going to slip pretty far into the backlog.

DQ VIII should take me a month or more, which will get me to the Switch Launch. Zelda might take a long time as I like to relax as I go through those games. By then Mario Kart will be out. Maybe I'll get deep into Isaac or Man God save me, Stardew Valley will be out. Oh and they're remaking my fourth favorite FE game in May. Oh, that will get me to E3 where they might announce dates on stuff like Xenoblade 2, a sequel to another game that owns my soul whenever I pick it up.

TL;DR. I will never play Bayonetta because Fantasy Life keeps getting in the way.

bigkrev

May miss some of tonight because I'm going out for a friends birthday. Will hopefully be back in time for HxH, and may even be back for Dragonball.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not going to have a ton of free time this week or next weekend so...Pick me an avatar, until Family Guy starts edition.

RULES

1. Can't get me banned!
2. Needs to be properly formatted!

Best one wins.

Chase17

Beat Ace Attorney 6 today. Fantastic game!

Also can't believe that there are four games that I'm at least partially interested in coming out on Tuesday lol
Just after DQVIII released too which will be a month+ process itself.

Funny enough, I think Bayo 2 is probably the most significant game I haven't played on Wii U as well. Really thought I'd get to those games after she made it in to smash but haven't yet.

*Fantasy Life unrelated

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As someone who knows a fair amount about computers & tries to fix any problems myself before admitting "defeat" & going to a professional, it's been frustrating that I can't just order something as simple as the hinge underneath a laptop key & no other place in town was open today. & the one that was open (according to Google Maps) didn't seem to exist since it lead me to a suburban neighborhood & it didn't help it was foggier than Silent Hill so it was difficult to even see if there was some sort of sign or something. Might have to order online & spend about $15 just to get the damn things fixed

Not how I wanted to start my weekend off. Just hope I can get the composite cable for the Wii from my friend tonight so I can trade it to GS tomorrow for the $65 credit towards my Switch.

Also, man, I need to think of a new avatar. I'm starting to dislike having it next to posts containing opinions or serious thoughts on something.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm sad that in All-Star Battle, they didn't make it so a mirror Joseph match was "YOUR NEXT LINE IS GOING TO BE, "YOUR NEXT LINE IS GOING TO BE", ISN'T IT?"

"YOUR NEXT LINE IS GOING....wait, WHAT?!"

As Joseph has an unique quote for EVERY character in the game. & yes, when you fight against DIO, he does the infamous "WRRRYYYY".

Chase17

So the episode tonight should be the end of the first OVA episode for unicorn right?

I expect
hope
that I will have some idea of what the series is about after that.

cntr

Banned
So the episode tonight should be the end of the first OVA episode for unicorn right?

I expect
hope
that I will have some idea of what the series is about after that.
Yeah, anything that's not deliberately left for later or requiring UC context should be answered tonight.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so if buu was wished to be good

why didn't they do that for the other villains

why not wish for no more evil in the universe

or for no more villains to attack earth

Neoxon

Back from a long-ass day of work. Time for some roast beef & some Toonami.

So apparently shit gets real on Hunter x Hunter tonight, right?

Mizerman

I'm sad that in All-Star Battle, they didn't make it so a mirror Joseph match was "YOUR NEXT LINE IS GOING TO BE, "YOUR NEXT LINE IS GOING TO BE", ISN'T IT?"

"YOUR NEXT LINE IS GOING....wait, WHAT?!"

As Joseph has an unique quote for EVERY character in the game. & yes, when you fight against DIO, he does the infamous "WRRRYYYY".

I regretted not getting All Star Battle for the PS3.

cntr

Banned
so if buu was wished to be good

why didn't they do that for the other villains

why not wish for no more evil in the universe

or for no more villains to attack earth
Okay, answering this is actual spoilers, but since you probably don't care:

Buu
doesn't get turned good by the Dragon Balls, but during the saga he splits himself into a Good Buu and an Evil Buu, who respectively contain all the good and evil of the original Buu (duh). The evil Buu gets kaploded, and so to allow Good Buu to live a normal life without people being afraid of him,
they use the Dragon Balls to make everyone forget it ever happened.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, answering this is actual spoilers, but since you probably don't care:

Buu
doesn't get turned good by the Dragon Balls, but during the saga he splits himself into a Good Buu and an Evil Buu, who respectively contain all the good and evil of the original Buu (duh). The evil Buu gets kaploded, and so to allow Good Buu to live a normal life without people being afraid of him,
they use the Dragon Balls to make everyone forget it ever happened.
then why didn't they
wipe the villains minds of their evil intents if they can erase memories?

"hey shenron, make them forget they're evil"

*poof*

"what the hell are we doing here"

"We were training in case anyone evil tried to attack"

I'm sorry, but when you have a giant-ass deus ex machina in your show, I can't help but wonder these things.

For that matter, what was the reason why Androids 16 & 17 weren't wished back to life?.....or rebuilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom