• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't believe I'm saying this, but....

.....I'm somehow less engaged than IBO.

Sure doesn't help this doesn't exactly work as a 1 a.m. group watch show.....

Moaradin

Outside of the obvious budget differences, I'm really not seeing anything in this show that's better than IBO.

cntr

Banned
Toonami should get a Getter Robo or a VOTOMS show

I'd sacrifice every Gundam show (other than G Gundam) for one of those

Mik317

same.

But like I said last week...I am too dumb; too tired and to new to gundam for this show right now.

It seems pretty well written and generally good tho....

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
same.

But like I said last week...I am too dumb; too tired and to new to gundam for this show right now.

I'm sure this show is great if you've watched a good number of Gundam series before this.
But that's a lot.

I think I'm following what's going on just fine, but this is definitely a show tailored for the UC fanbase and not some AU Gundam fan like myself.

Korigama

Toonami should get a Getter Robo or a VOTOMS show

I'd sacrifice every Gundam show (other than G Gundam) for one of those
I'd sacrifice many, many things to bring Macross to Toonami, though it would never happen (not Delta, though, Big West can keep that).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
same.

I feel the same way. Heck, I kept fearing I just wasn't "smart" enough to "appreciate" UC0091.

& I'm also someone who has little experience with Gundam.

Hell, I'm honestly asking myself why I'm not dropping this. Probably only due to the fact I'm group watching it with you guys.

Soulflarz

Banned
Hell, I'm honestly asking myself why I'm not dropping this. Probably only due to the fact I'm group watching it with you guys.

This is why we don't drop a lot of meh shows :p

The good part is you're entertained all night
The bad part is toonami gets worse overall. The solution is to watch what you like, but then it becomes a chore to leave for 30m every 30m and reopen the stream.

cntr

Banned
Oh, Unicorn's pretty "meh" plot-wise. Not especially awful, but not something I'd watch for the plot. The only Gundam shows I'd watch because I was interested in the plot are some early ones.

As I said, watch it for the mecha fights and space animation.

Moaradin

Iron Blooded Orphans aired at this time too ya know. I just thought that show was a lot easier to follow along. Sure, a lot of that has to do with it being disconnected from the UC Gundam stuff, but Unicorn also does a pretty bad job at establishing its characters and plot IMO.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This is why we don't drop a lot of meh shows :p

The good part is you're entertained all night
The bad part is toonami gets worse overall. The solution is to watch what you like, but then it becomes a chore to leave for 30m every 30m and reopen the stream.
Yeah, I already do that with Shippuden, & even then, it's hard to find something I can do for the half hour. I'd rather not have to deal with that a 2nd time, especially when HxH has a show before & after that I wouldn't watch.

Korigama

I feel the same way. Heck, I kept fearing I just wasn't "smart" enough to "appreciate" UC0091.

& I'm also someone who has little experience with Gundam.

G Gundam is more or less the easiest to follow, but it isn't exactly a conventional Gundam series. Unicorn, much like IBO, doesn't lend well to dividing attention with group watches.

Holy shit, it's Weltall Id!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom