• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that video earlier and now i'm disturbed. TOM doesn't sleep? Like ever? That's gotta be depressing. I mean, he only has SARA and the as-of-yet unnamed worm to interact with. And he only talks to the people on Earth once a week on Saturday. That's just horrible. Constantly trying to find something to do. No wonder he plays so many video games.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Beerus gauges Goku's strength as a terrified King Kai looks on, Gohan begins to prep for the World Martial Arts Tournament and takes on Goten as a training partner, Caesar tries to get revenge against Wamuu but the Pillar Man's powers prove to be more than a match for Caesar's bubbles, Banagher takes the Unicorn to battle against Full Frontal's Sinanju, Gon and Killua head back to Whale Island for some R&R and catch up with Aunt Mito who decides it's finally time for Gon to learn a bit more about his father, Naruto heads back to the Land of Filler as an urgent message arrives in the Leaf Village and Team 7 are dispatched to protect the members of a certain clan, and with the danger finally passed and the Warlords both having departed from Thriller Bark the Straw Hats and the Rolling Pirates are free to celebrate their victory while Brook's thoughts turn to the friend he left behind half a century ago. Finally, a hostage crisis at a geisha house threatens to turn into a major international incident, and that means that Japan's top secret cyber-intelligence organization Section 9 is back on the case.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 5 - Showdown on King Kai's Planet! Goku vs. God of Destruction Beerus
8:30 - Samurai Jack - 4 - Jack, the Woolies and the Chritchellites
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 5 - Showdown on King Kai's Planet! Goku vs. God of Destruction Beerus
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 103 - Entering the World Martial Arts Tournament! Goten Shows Off His Explosive Power During Training!
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 15 - A Hero's Proof
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 5 - Clash With The Red Comet
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 37 - Ging × And × Gon
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 144 - Wanderer
2:30 - One Piece - 378 - The Promise from a Distant Day! The Pirates' Song and a Small Whale!
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 1 - SECTION 9

I saw that video earlier and now i'm disturbed. TOM doesn't sleep? Like ever? That's gotta be depressing. I mean, he only has SARA and the as-of-yet unnamed worm to interact with. And he only talks to the people on Earth once a week on Saturday. That's just horrible. Constantly trying to find something to do. No wonder he plays so many video games.
I bet TOM has a NeoGaf account

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Will GITS SAC HD get the bold next week? Find out next Saturday!

Prrrrrrrrobably not. Bebop HD only got the bold because it was the first time an uncut version of Bebop aired on Adult Swim, so it was even a slightly different dub from past runs. That shouldn't be the case for GITS, which was always dropping s-bombs even back in the day on ASA.

C30_Rz5UEAEIvVr.jpg
C30_Rz6UMAAkQF6.jpg
C30_Rz5VcAEihjC.jpg

The Metal Gear Solid franchise isn't political guys.

Crocodile

"Keep politics out of my games!" is one of the dumbest sentiments I see gamers express nowadays

However, the fact that someone can be dumb enough to argue MGS isn't a political series just unravels the veneer and exposes that when people say "keep politics out of games" they really mean 99% of the time "keep Women, PoC and/or LGBT characters and/or issues out of games" :/

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The plot of MGS 3 literally involves a political scapegoat being traded for peace.

The plot of MGS 1 literally involves a political coverup of a secret weapons program.

The plot of MGS 2 literally involves the kidnapping of the president of the United States of America by the former President of the United States of America.

MGS 4...is strangely apolitical actually.

"Keep politics out of my games!" is one of the dumbest sentiments I see gamers express nowadays

However, the fact that someone can be dumb enough to argue MGS isn't a political series just unravels the veneer and exposes that when people say "keep politics out of games" they really mean 99% of the time "keep Women, PoC and/or LGBT characters and/or issues out of games" :/

I hear a lot of people say that for stuff like music a lot. People don't want their favorite artists going into politics, which is hilarious when some genres like Punk were mostly built through disagreements in politics.

Mizerman

Yep, and it gets annoying when they try to be slick about it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The plot of MGS 3 literally involves a political scapegoat being traded for peace.

The plot of MGS 1 literally involves a political coverup of a secret weapons program.

The plot of MGS 2 literally involves the kidnapping of the president of the United States of America by the former President of the United States of America.

MGS 4...is strangely apolitical actually.

Nanomachines

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part 4 didn't even get nominated for "most requested show" for the ToonamiGAF awards.

Jojo robbed once again.

Part 4 didn't even get nominated for "most requested show" for the ToonamiGAF awards.

Jojo robbed once again.
Can't really watch Part 4 till you watch Part 3. Imagine how weird it would be for the non Jojo initiated? That and Part 3 still has some pretty cool fights in it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well that would be ridiculous since we wouldn't get it until after Part 3.
sure didn't stop toonami from airing Super, which has events after Buu that we haven't seen yet.

Can't really watch Part 4 till you watch Part 3. Imagine how weird it would be for the non Jojo initiated? That and Part 3 still has some pretty cool fights in it.
Can't be worse than watching Super & Buu-kai back to back & questioning what the hell happened after the Cell arc.

sure didn't stop toonami from airing Super, which has events after Buu that we haven't seen yet.

Can't be worse than watching Super & Buu-kai back to back & questioning what the hell happened after the Cell arc.
It still surprises me that you never saw the Buu arc during Toonami's original run.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
When did Buu air on Toonami's original run? I didn't get Dish until....2004, I want to say, & by then, I had no interest in DBZ since the few times I'd see it at a friend's house, it was always the episodes where everyone would just talk about doing stuff instead of....actually doing it/what I was told the show was about, so they left a bad impression on me.

I can't exactly pinpoint it myself, but I've been doing Toonami since...well probably since the beginning. It might have been around the Gundam Wing airing I'd like to assume.

Grexeno

That's a different thing though. You're like, the only person in the world who hasn't seen DBZ (yes I know he's not even the only person in this thread but I'm using exaggeration for comedic effect here.)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
When did Buu air on Toonami's original run? I didn't get Dish until....2004, I want to say, & by then, I had no interest in DBZ since the few times I'd see it at a friend's house, it was always the episodes where everyone would just talk about doing stuff instead of....actually doing it/what I was told the show was about, so they left a bad impression on me.

According to Wikpedia, 2001-2003. So you basically missed it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I should also mention I didn't really get into Toonami until they shifted to Saturday nights. I almost never got to see it when it was on the weekdays on account of not having satellite or cable. I think I would see brief clips of Sailor Moon when I would get weekly allergy shots & the TV was tuned into that, but I didn't care & would rather play my GBA with Sonic Advance or something.

By the time we finally got Dish, the only Dragonball show was GT. I just recall watching Astro Boy, a few episodes of Dual Masters (which even as a kid, thought was stupid), Rave Master, Megas XLR, Teen Titans, Zatch Bell, One Piece, Naruto, Bo-BoBo, & such.

I should also mention I didn't really get into Toonami until they shifted to Saturday nights. I almost never got to see it when it was on the weekdays on account of not having satellite or cable. I think I would see brief clips of Sailor Moon when I would get weekly allergy shots & the TV was tuned into that, but I didn't care & would rather play my GBA with Sonic Advance or something.

By the time we finally got Dish, the only Dragonball show was GT. I just recall watching Astro Boy, a few episodes of Dual Masters (which even as a kid, thought was stupid), Rave Master, Megas XLR, Teen Titans, Zatch Bell, One Piece, Naruto, Bo-BoBo, & such.
You owe it to yourself to go watch Outlaw Star, Yu Yu Hakusho and second season of Ruroni Kenshin since that's like peak Toonami in my opinion..even though this current block is pretty good too actually.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I actually saw Outlaw Star via a friend who lent me the DVDs since I heard about the fact it was on Toonami/Adult Swim, but it was censored & removed an episode. That's a series I would gladly rewatch with you guys if it ever gets the rerun slot (which I'm sure won't due to age, sadly).

Same with me, but I did see Toonami a decent amount when I was younger on weekdays after school for DBZ mostly and saw a random Sailor Moon episode sometimes. That and Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon on Kids WB on Saturday mornings.

When it switched to Saturdays, I mostly watched Toonami and went straight into [adult swim] in the periods when it aired Inuyasha, Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Paranoia Agent, Eureka Seven, Code Geass, s-CRY-ed, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Full Metal Alchemist. I kinda died off watching when Bleach starting getting less interesting and going toward filler. Toonami tease and its revival got me hooked again.

You'll get enough of that with Part 3
Part 3 makes it pretty clear within like 8 eps I think, end goal is revealed pretty early, though it's kind of a bit like a Mega Man game a bit. Part 4...nobody knows what the end goal is for a long ass time.
Same with me, but I did see Toonami a decent amount when I was younger on weekdays after school for DBZ mostly and saw a random Sailor Moon episode sometimes. That and Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon on Kids WB on Saturday mornings.

When it switched to Saturdays, I mostly watched Toonami and went straight into [adult swim] in the periods when it aired Inuyasha, Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Paranoia Agent, Eureka Seven, Code Geass, s-CRY-ed, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Full Metal Alchemist. I kinda died off watching when Bleach starting getting less interesting and going toward filler. Toonami tease and its revival got me hooked again.
Ummm I thought Toonami never aired the entirety of NGE? It made no difference to me cause I have had the DVD's since before the big robot night I believe, but I thought they only aired the first two eps?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I recall watching more Adult Swim anime than Toonami stuff for a while. I remember Paranoia Agent, s-Cry-ed, Death Note, Samurai Champloo, Code Geass, Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, original FMA & Brotherhood (which I've seen about 3 times), Eureka Seven, etc. I think I even bothered with the entire Inuyasha anime (though about 2/3rds in, I had grown tired & only kept watching because my friend wanted me to record the episodes for him). Though I'm sure some of those were after Toonami ended.

Ummm I thought Toonami never aired the entirety of NGE? It made no difference to me cause I have had the DVD's since before the big robot night I believe, but I thought they only aired the first two eps?
Adult Swim aired the entire series.

Moaradin

Part 3 makes it pretty clear within like 8 eps I think, end goal is revealed pretty early, though it's kind of a bit like a Mega Man game a bit. Part 4...nobody knows what the end goal is for a long ass time.

That's mainly the nature of Part 4 being a mystery for the first half. In terms of handling the monster of the week format, it does a much better job. And the villain in Part 4 has a lot more presence than the one in Part 3.

bigkrev

Watched last weeks DBK and DBS after missing last week

I'm shocked Gohan managed to keep his disguise as long as he did, and even more surprised Burma found the Dragonballs lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well color me shocked on this one. Go back and watch Trigun and Blue Gender.
Oh, I remember watching Trigun. Blue Gender, I only heard of the name, but then watched a review & it seems...eeehhh. I wanted to read the Trigun manga, but my library only had volumes 1 & 2, never got the rest.

I also remember Blood+, which was also....eeehh.

OH GOD, Trinity Blood, that was easily the most boring anime I ever saw on Toonami or Adult Swim.

Kind of want to say the same for Moribito. I can't remember anything about that show.

Durarara was good, though I've yet to see the newer season that aired not too long ago.

Kekkaishi was....fine?

That's mainly the nature of Part 4 being a mystery for the first half. In terms of handling the monster of the week format, it does a much better job. And the villain in Part 4 has a lot more presence than the one in Part 3.
Yeah part of the reason why I like Part 4 so much is the villain, Araki put a lot of thought and care into him. I also like the conclusions to a lot of the stand fights.
Oh, I remember watching Trigun. Blue Gender, I only heard of the name, but then watched a review & it seems...eeehhh. I wanted to read the Trigun manga, but my library only had volumes 1 & 2, never got the rest.

I also remember Blood+, which was also....eeehh.

OH GOD, Trinity Blood, that was easily the most boring anime I ever saw on Toonami or Adult Swim.

Kind of want to say the same for Moribito. I can't remember anything about that show.

Durarara was good, though I've yet to see the newer season that aired not too long ago.

Kekkaishi was....fine?
Blue Gender might be a love it or hate it show. I remember liking it though, haven't seen it in a bit though. I actually think it has one of Laura Bailey's best performances in it.

I forgot to mention Trigun, which I saw on [adult swim] as well as Blood + along with little bits of stuff like Lupin the 3rd, Tenchi Muyo! and Trinity Blood (ew).

Also, remember seeing .hack//Legends of the Twilight late on CN and Zoids: Chaotic Century on Toonami/CN . I remember really getting into .hack since I was such a gamer, even as a little kid. Plus, I thought Liger Zero (Zoids) was cool. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom