• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
hoFZBiM.gif

oh so when a mobile game has a lyrical version of the FE theme, everyone's okay with it

but when tokyo mirage sessions sharp fe does it with super saiyan marth, everyone flips their shit & considers it an insult to the franchise

I downloaded FE Heroes, need to get around to trying it out. Also I laughed my ass off when I reached that part in TMS#FE

I'm one of the few that didn't mind the whole "FIYA EMBLEM" song in TMS #FE. I think I've seen some people that haven't liked the lyrical theme in Heroes. Not as prominent as those that didn't like the TMS #FE song. I fine with either and I personally enjoy the cheesiness of the "FIYA EMBLEM" so much. Just like you.

Naruto is full of characters and ideas that could've been interesting and fun, but were thrown away so we could get more Uchiha crap.

Pretty much. This post sums up one of my biggest gripes with Naruto in general.

Moaradin

Mob Psycho 100 won GAF AOTY, as expected.
Toonami when

Love that two different ONE shows, both by different studios, dominated two years in a row. Wouldn't be surprised if we see another repeat with OPM S2.

Toonami when

Love that two different ONE shows, both by different studios, dominated two years in a row. Wouldn't be surprised if we see another repeat with OPM S2.

Only real surprise from the top 10, for me was Kiznaizer making it instead of Yuri on Ice.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Toonami when

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Mob Psycho 100 is the replacement for Jojo.

God I hate job interviews. The questions. Jesus the questions.

"Why do you wanna work for us?"

What do you want? What type of question is that? I wanna work for you because I want a job. I want a job because I need a job. I need a job because I need money. I need money to exchange for goods and services.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Mob Psycho 100 deserved the win over most any other anime that came out this year. It is such a wonderful story that is as much about what character's don't do as much as what they do, if that makes sense. The way so many "battles" end is so against type for anime and manga in general that it was great just seeing people being perturbed that something didn't end with an epic fight (though they are there and incredible looking) but then coming around to the resolution and loving. Also Reigen is the best.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
jojo part 4 was robbed

again

no longer great days

I would've swapped MP100 & Jojo, but I'm content with Jojo taking 2nd to MP100

So some of you may remember me being somewhat positive on the first season of Blue Exorcist, despite the goofy ending?

I'm watching the new season.

Boy is it barely moving.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The goofy ending was what made Blue Exorcist stand out more. But aside from that & the comedy at times, I still think it's one of the most average shows we've gotten.

It feels like a shonen I would've gotten into when I was an early teen because I was still discovering anime & would take anything I could get my hands on because my only source was TV or any DVDs I could get my hands on via friends or rental places.

Though I still stand by the opinion a comedy spin-off of Blue Exorcist could actually be rather good.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I won't be able to do all of Toonami tomorrow. Work wants me early (and on Super Bowl Sunday... fuck it all)

It's a shame since One Piece is going feels mode
Then again, Shippuden filler time...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh right, super bowl

.......that's a thing that exists & then will be forgotten by me not too long after remembering.

I can't even remember the last time I actually cared about the commercials for it, the only reason why I even bothered with remembering about the super bowl.

oh right, super bowl

.......that's a thing that exists & then will be forgotten by me not too long after remembering.

I can't even remember the last time I actually cared about the commercials for it, the only reason why I even bothered with remembering about the super bowl.

Tom Brady gonna get that thumb ring.

HStallion

Fucking sweet. Doubt we're keeping that 11 after Jack is over but I'll take what I can get!

They should just lead in with Cowboy Bebop or something once Jack finishes up. People loves them some Cowboy Bebop.

Edit: When are we supposed to get the FLCL season 2 by the way?

So with two DBZs, Samurai Jack returning, a re rerun of GitS SAC, a seemingly permanent slot devoted to the Gundam franchise, and FLCL coming back in a while,

Does anyone really still believe DeMarco when he claimed Toonami wasn't a nostalgia block?

I've never watched Samurai Jack... Or GITS.... So....

Will these be an ok place to start or do I need to like binge all of SJ before it starts?

HStallion

I've never watched Samurai Jack... Or GITS.... So....

Will these be an ok place to start or do I need to like binge all of SJ before it starts?

You're going to want at least a passing knowledge of Samurai Jack if nothing else. Its a final season to end the unfinished story of the original series.

Moaradin

Would be nice if the Dragon Ball hour was moved up a half hour and we could get an extra show or two that probably couldn't squeeze in otherwise.

A guy can dream.

In an ideal world, they'll get rid of the 8 slot for super since the later version is doing better anyways, and do exactly that. Super at 11 with no 8 airing potentially eating some viewers would pretty much secure that slot for years.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Neat that GitS will be HD.

Did they specifically say Samurai Jack at 11 is considered Toonami, or is it Adult Swim? Either way, it's a good show to transition into Toonami.

......despite the fact I've never seen the original, so I'll just stick with tuning in at 11:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom