• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Neat that GitS will be HD.

Did they specifically say Samurai Jack at 11 is considered Toonami, or is it Adult Swim? Either way, it's a good show to transition into Toonami.

......despite the fact I've never seen the original, so I'll just stick with tuning in at 11:30.

Just got to that part of the Pre-Flight. Jason specifically said it was part of the Toonami block.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Neat that GitS will be HD.

Did they specifically say Samurai Jack at 11 is considered Toonami, or is it Adult Swim? Either way, it's a good show to transition into Toonami.

......despite the fact I've never seen the original, so I'll just stick with tuning in at 11:30.

They aired this teaser on a show called TOONAMI Pre-Flight.

Fuuuuuuuuka this 6
qb16hT6.png
Jk05m5C.png
qzLkEje.png

WHAT TYPE OF PARENTS TELL THEIR KID THEY'RE GETTING A DIVORCE ON HER BIRTHDAY!?

ayAyZ6v.gif

Also the male lead in this shows displays all the emotional intelligence of the average gopher. Former childhood friend grown into attractive woman shows up at his house, gives him tickets to her upcoming concert, and he's like "Yo, glad we're friends again...bye."

cntr

Banned
I'd bet that they made the "Jack is going to run at 11:30" promo before they decided to run Super and Buu together, and someone forgot to update it when Toonami started at 11:30 instead of 12.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fuuuuuuuuka this 6

ayAyZ6v.gif

Also the male lead in this shows displays all the emotional intelligence of the average gopher. Former childhood friend grown into attractive woman shows up at his house, gives him tickets to her upcoming concert, and he's like "Yo, glad we're friends again...bye."

Yuu is playing the long con. Don't forget that said childhood friend's entire career is based off of writing love songs about him. He's not that dumb. He's playing 40th dimension emotional chess while she is playing tiddly winks.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fuuuuuuuuka this 6

ayAyZ6v.gif

I'm trying to remember the timing of the plot now...all I know is SOON

B-Dubs should I watch Level E sub or dub

I honestly don't remember, just watch it. The dub might be worth looking for tho.

Also, be sure to give a status report when you get through the first 3-episode arc at the very least.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
after ADULT SWIM confirmed the date & time.

Ahhh, okay.

I do wonder if SJ will be a special exception for the 11 p.m. slot, or if we'll get something to replace it once it finishes its run.

I'm just SSJ that they don't go an advertise the latest season of Squidbillies on the show.

Chase17

Fuuka 06
It seems like the 8 year old counterparts have more of a personality. Kind of like the first half of this episode and then BLAM, second half is the obligatory bath scene with the two leading women (with all the hijinks one would expect). It sure is great to have a love triangle between a childhood friend and the new exciting girl.

It's hilarious that this girl's entire singing career appears to revolve around her friend who she hadn't seen in years since they were like 8. How much material could she possibly have.
Edit: Looks like Man god already pointed this out, protag may be smarter than we think.

Post credit teaser: I feel like it would have been really easy to spot this guy, but whatever, going to lead to some unwarranted DRAMA.

Seda

I have a PS4 code for the Boruto DLC for Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. You need the base game for it to work. I don't need it, does anybody here want it?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It is kinda weird that I haven't seen it considering how much I love Togashi's other works.

It really is. I'll admit it took me a while to finally get around to Level E, I waited until the anime hit despite having seen the manga floating around, because of how different it looked from HxH and Yu Yu Hakusho but I will say it's just as good as those two despite being good in a different way.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So some of you may remember me being somewhat positive on the first season of Blue Exorcist, despite the goofy ending?

I'm watching the new season.

Boy is it barely moving.

I am finding it to be a duller shade of grey as well for the most part. I have noticed that they have pretty much shifted character focus from the students to the True Cross Order and the Kyoto Sect, which is an improvement.

BBboy20

Mob Psycho 100 won GAF AOTY, as expected.
Toonami when

Love that two different ONE shows, both by different studios, dominated two years in a row. Wouldn't be surprised if we see another repeat with OPM S2.
I keep saying: ONE is the hottest thing in Japan right now.

I have a PS4 code for the Boruto DLC for Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. You need the base game for it to work. I don't need it, does anybody here want it?
Anybody want my Resident Evil movie code that came along with my RE7 copy?

Yakuza 0 is a good game, but it's also the type of game you have to sit down and play for at least 3-5 hours if you want to accomplish much.

Which isn't a knock against the game, but I keep getting pulled away from it due to things I need to get done.

Yakuza 0 is a good game, but it's also the type of game you have to sit down and play for at least 3-5 hours if you want to accomplish much.

Which isn't a knock against the game, but I keep getting pulled away from it due to things I need to get done.

Agreed. Just beat it today when I realized how long I'd been playing, which was like 5 hours.

It doesn't help that sometimes I want to move on with the story, but I get sidetracked by all of the massive amounts of side content. I'm still going to go back to the game from time to time to get some more side stuff done I missed out on in my main play through.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

This is partly why I have trouble getting myself to start Yakuza 3 or 4 which I got from PS+. I need a huge chunk of time to get a good first impression, then more chunks to ensure I'm making any sort of progress.

Not to mention, with my backlog of RPGs & such, it's hard to figure when to squeeze in a game like that. I don't want to do it now because I'm just about done with FF15's post-game content, I'm expecting Zelda in March to take a good amount of time along with Nier Automata, & I told myself after FF15, my next big RPG was going to be Persona 5 to make sure I don't burn myself out on the genre (I put over 90 hours in FF15, I expect similar numbers for P5).

Chase17

I beat Yakuzo 0 the other day. Best story in a game that I've played in a good while.

Kind of want to watch Gintama but 300+ episodes is intimidating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom