• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
I bet if I was actually familiar with Gundam & had seen many of the previous shows, this would be doing more for me.

But as someone who hasn't seen Gundam aside from IBO which isn't even part of the "main" series, this just does nothing & feels like 80% of what's said/happening just goes over my head.
Yeah, like one specific example: Audrey, the girl with the short brown hair, looks exactly like a character from a previous show. But she has a totally different name and backstory, so you're supposed to go "Wait, what's this?". But if you don't, all this seems like random naff.

It's kind of like seeing Old Snake pop up for the first time in Metal Gear Solid 4 without knowing anything about Snake before. You wouldn't get the intended reaction.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
i can't bring myself to care about these fights because i either don't care for the characters or even know who they are

Even with the explanation about Newtypes gravitating toward other Newtypes from this thread in mind, I still find it difficult to get used to.

This is in a nutshell my issue with Newtypes in the UC. It became a lazy out that writers would use whenever a character would do something completely reckless or irrational.

cntr

Banned
A definite downgrade from Mikazuki (I rather miss his "lol don't care" brand of crazy).
Mika's one of the best Gundam protags for me, like top 3.

Also dammit, get to the fights already. I'm here for fights and Gundam memes, and the next fight has both.
This is in a nutshell my issue with Newtypes in the UC. It became a lazy out that writers would use whenever a character would do something completely reckless or irrational.
Agreed. It could've been a clever concept, but it ended up being anime bullshit.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Hot take, the Unicron is uggo.

Its no Endless Waltz Wing Zero that's for sure.

tumblr_mywdhdYdfO1toins0o1_500.gif

cntr

Banned
From what I've heard, IBO S2 is much better than S1. And I'd put my money on them running G Gundam HD after IBO S2.

So there's that to look forward to, at least.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's frankly lazy by the end of Mobile Suit Gundam, ridiculous in Z and ZZ where most characters are full blown Newtypes or Newtypes that are too weak to notice.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
From what I've heard, IBO S2 is much better than S1. And I'd put my money on them running G Gundam HD after IBO S2.

So there's that to look forward to, at least.

Are they really going to go with G Gundam? Not that I'm complaining

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel so saddened that I should really be enjoying this, especially with the animation being so great.

....but again, I just can't care because of the characters piloting.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This music is actually pretty cool as well.

Presentation wise, this show really does a good job & is probably the best part of it so far.

I just wish I could have more to comment on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom