• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Okay so if I'm getting this, the Gundam has a system for fighting space psychics by taking control of the mobile suit technology that interfaces with their powers, and the suit basically takes over at that point to kill them.

So the woman in the Quad-Wing was bait to get Banagher and the Gundam to activate, and the whole thing is a way for them to try to exterminate the psychics or newtypes or whatever?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Okay so if I'm getting this, the Gundam has a system for fighting space psychics by taking control of the mobile suit technology that interfaces with their powers, and the suit basically takes over at that point to kill them.

So the woman in the Quad-Wing was bait to get Banagher and the Gundam to activate, and the whole thing is a way for them to try to exterminate the psychics or newtypes or whatever?
Yep.

i think the short version is basically "IT WAS A TEST ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN"

cntr

Banned

you've got it.

Reposting this.

OK, it looks like we've reached the point in the story where the 1999 Hunter X Hunter anime changes openings, so let's go over them.

Opening 1 - The song is nice, but it's very unexpected for an action/adventure show. I know when I started this series after hearing great things about it, I thought I had the wrong show.

And then, opening 2, covering the arc we're about to start. This has a huge tone shift, and demonstrates something interesting the first anime did that the new anime doesn't. It completely shifts the color palette to be darker, reflecting the tone of the arc, giving a real dark and gritty feel to the city. The current anime keeps the same light color scheme.

Crocodile

It makes plenty of sense without seeing any previous shows. She's an engineered human built for fighting.

I think everyone got that. The material was just presented in a way that is completely unengaging and seemed to come out of nowhere (assuming you didn't watch a lot of other UC material). It's not that its hard to understand so much as the show is failing to make many of us care about what is happening.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Full Frontal JUST told you Marida is the 12th in a line of clones.

You just saw a psychic shockwave of memories that seem like they're from a lot of different lives and experiences.

It's... not as completely un-explained as one could make it out to be.

Is the Newtype / Cyber Newtype thing much different than, say, a normal / fake tailed beast user, or Real Devil Fruit / Government produced model type? Different words and universes, same ideas.

I have to say watching Unicorn overtake the Funnels was pretty sweet, personally. Considering how the things trivialize fodder troops over and over, watching a pilot get a taste of their own medicine is awkwardly satisfying, even without fully being invested in one character or the other.

*shrug* ....And now to watch a Kurapika episode? (-_-;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom