• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I'm 8 episodes into ZZ Gundam.

I guess it's trying to be a comedy now?

It's a direct sequel to the show where pretty much everyone died...and it's a screwball comedy for well over half of it.

I still recommend it though.

Also someone give me a temp avatar, I'll pick it tonight. It'll last until I have a Switch in my hands. Nothing that will get me banned, formatted properly.

cntr

Banned
Also someone give me a temp avatar, I'll pick it tonight. It'll last until I have a Switch in my hands. Nothing that will get me banned, formatted properly.
rock-leep4kth.jpg

Seda

It's a direct sequel to the show where pretty much everyone died...and it's a screwball comedy for well over half of it.

PG7e12k.png

Line_HTX

I was joking. Film is about as average as can be.
Although we did get a good laugh out of some scenes in the film, especially regarding the physics. That bowl trick shot!

Even better, that scene where he was in the fog and shot a bunch of noise arrows randomly into the sky, hahaha

He really loves the camera following the projectiles and slow-mo, especially the double tomahawk throws.

I really liked the costume design in Great Wall, I was -shocked- at how much subtitled Chinese was spoken, and thought the lead actress was great, and probably has a future in Hollywood.

That said... the enemies looked like the Zerg in the CG cutscenes from Starcraft 1, the action lacked impact, and whatever accent Matt Damon was trying to do was terrible. I'm really easy to please when it comes to dumb action movies in a theater, but this was about as low as you could get without me feeling angry about spending money

She was amazing, I was pleased with my low expectations.

Seems about right. This was my threshold before regretting buying a ticket. Though I was a little surprised that it also didn't do so well in China.

Since it seems like the Rick and Morty thread is militant about bumps at this point I guess I'll be posting my reactions here.

"I can't take it anymore, I just want to die."
"We all want to die, we're Meseeks."
"Your failures are your own old man!"
"Existence is pain to a Meseeks Jerry!"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Beerus decides to give the Earthlings one last shot at saving the planet, the preliminary rounds of the tournament begin and the team's strength is put to the test, Jojo returns to inform Lisa Lisa of Esidisi's defeat but the Pillar Man still has one more card to play, the Unicorn directs Banagher back to Laplace where the first clue to the mysterious Laplace's Box lies, Kurapika and the other job applicants find themselves under siege and have to put their abilities to the test in order to escape from the manor, Naruto's filler continues and I can't even decipher what the hell the Wikipedia episode synopsis is fucking saying for this one so this is what you're getting for a preview, Luffy finally gets the musician he's always wanted as the crew prepares to set sail from the ghost ship Thriller Bark at long last, and Togusa is contacted by an old police colleague who has been working on the Laughing Man cold case and the immediate fallout leads Section 9 into a corruption investigation that may run far deeper than anyone realizes in the first of Ghost in the Shell's Complex episodes.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 8 - Goku Makes An Entrance! A Last Chance From Lord Beerus?
8:30 - Samurai Jack - 7 - Jack and the Three Blind Archers
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 8 - Goku Makes An Entrance! A Last Chance From Lord Beerus?
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 106 - Who Is the World's Greatest? The Tournament Preliminaries Begin!
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 18 - Von Stroheim's Revenge
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 8 - Laplace, Where It All Began
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 40 - Nen × Users × Unite?
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 147 - Rogue Ninja's Past
2:30 - One Piece - 381 - A New Crewmate! The Musician, Humming Brook
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 4 - INTERCEPTER

Chase17

Won't be able to play Zelda until at least the 10th. Hopefully I can get through it in a week since I don't really want to bring the wii u to school. If only I had been better about switch pre orders lol.

That Naruto synopsis has me hyped for tonight.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is the first story important episode of Stand Alone Complex.

One way to look at it is this, Cowboy Bebop does basically the same thing and it's first story episode was a week later in episode five!

It only gets better. Have you gotten to the multidimensional cable box yet?
No cause I've been watching it in order...I think. Rick and Morty had to travel to another reality to fix their fuck only for eventually a fucked up disfigured Rick and Morty to take their place in the dimension they already fucked up. I'm about to go watch ep seven soon.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No cause I've been watching it in order...I think. Rick and Morty had to travel to another reality to fix their fuck only for eventually a fucked up disfigured Rick and Morty to take their place in the dimension they already fucked up. I'm about to go watch ep seven soon.

Yea, you're on the way there. I only asked because I wanted to know if you had gotten to the episode you just mentioned.

The pilot isn't the best ep but it's sets the tone pretty well. I think anybody into Venture Brothers would love Rick and Morty. That's a cross over that has to happen.

I think it was based more on Adult Swim promoting it so much rather than the episodes themselves

Don't really remember who it was

Futurama is probably my favorite animated comedy.

I enjoy Rick and Morty, but I enjoyed the first season more than the second. Still looking forward to the new season.

The humor doesn't always work for me either, but it's way smarter than it should reasonably be.
The plot threads go in the most insane directions. Who thought giving one dog intelligence would end with the enslavement of mankind and dogs wearing mech suits? Though I could see how Morty having to fight off a jelly bean that attempted to rape him with a toilet seat would be pushing it. It's definitely not dumb humor though.

Morlas

I'm not really in to the raunchy style humor that shows like rick and morty have, but i gotta say the characters are really interesting.

So in the new SAO film, people use virtual reality to exercise on treadmills.

The virtual reality is that they're outrunning a boulder.

That's dumb people.

It's dumb.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like I've seen that scene in Wall-E.

Also, if it gave them some kind of stat boost, like increasing speed or stamina, I could see that having a point. Like the gym in No More Heroes & the fact you actually did run on a treadmill in NMH2.

Damn, any reality where her parents are successful Summer doesn't even exist.
"I don't give a fuck, I'm Gazorpazorpfuckingfield bitch. Now give me my fucking enchilladas."

Seeing the Lucky Charms dude getting brutally massacred is both hilarious and fucked up...I was going to post a gif, but it's probably ban worthy on here.

Robot: "What is my purpose?"
Rick: "You pass butter."
Robot: *Looks at hands* "Oh my god."

Toonami Show Rundown 121 - My Finale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DgLJjNJN9k&t

"On this episode of the Toonami Show Rundown, we call it quits. Kind of. Grexeno of the ToonamiGAF Podcast guests as we announce our transition to a new format while discussing D.I.C.E., Stormhawks, going after widows, and the marital status of Mr. Satan. We also make too many bad AC/DC references and come to a horrifying discovery about Naruto fanfiction."

So, Grexeno guested for what's going to be the last episode of the Toonami Show Rundown. However, the podcast will continue as the Toonami Showdown, which totally isn't confusing at all. Sketch of the Toonami Faithful Podcast is going to join us on a more regular basis as well. For what ended up being some strange complications with what we used to do with the podcast, changing the name is pretty much the easiest way for us to get back on iTunes while abandoning YouTube for Soundcloud; we'll upload occasional clips and episodes to Youtube (the next two are going to go up in full still), but for the most part we'll just have a sound file instead of a video. This is going to make the whole process of getting podcasts up on the Internet less tedious, and it should mean that anyone who wants to listen can subscribe through a normal podcast app.

Also we have a sweet new logo that one of our members, Claire, made:

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Really glad to hear you're gonna stick with audio files. I always had to use a Youtube-to-MP3 converter to listen to the podcast at work, so just downloading via Soundcloud will be much easier.

A video of a Breath of the Wild sidequest involving a
girl who doesn't want you to step on flowers
(not really a spoiler, but being safe) has done more to convince me of this game's quality than anything else.

ZZ was certainly trying to be something.

ZZ in a lot of ways felt like Tomino trying to overcompensate over how grim Zeta ended up being a mixed bag for me.

Like, I found Judau to be a more "tolerable" protagonist than Amuro and Kamille but at the same time, he didn't have the depth of his predecessors either. And more than MSG or Zeta, ZZ really abuses Newtype Powers.

Jarate

Banned
I WANT TO PLAY ZELDA SO BADLY

I didn't preorder a switch, but gamestop has a couple of ones for walk-ins. Should I do the unthinkable and camp outside the store for a night!?

Toonami Show Rundown 121 - My Finale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DgLJjNJN9k&t

"On this episode of the Toonami Show Rundown, we call it quits. Kind of. Grexeno of the ToonamiGAF Podcast guests as we announce our transition to a new format while discussing D.I.C.E., Stormhawks, going after widows, and the marital status of Mr. Satan. We also make too many bad AC/DC references and come to a horrifying discovery about Naruto fanfiction."

So, Grexeno guested for what's going to be the last episode of the Toonami Show Rundown. However, the podcast will continue as the Toonami Showdown, which totally isn't confusing at all. Sketch of the Toonami Faithful Podcast is going to join us on a more regular basis as well. For what ended up being some strange complications with what we used to do with the podcast, changing the name is pretty much the easiest way for us to get back on iTunes while abandoning YouTube for Soundcloud; we'll upload occasional clips and episodes to Youtube (the next two are going to go up in full still), but for the most part we'll just have a sound file instead of a video. This is going to make the whole process of getting podcasts up on the Internet less tedious, and it should mean that anyone who wants to listen can subscribe through a normal podcast app.

Also we have a sweet new logo that one of our members, Claire, made:

That's great news. Soundcloud is a more convenient platform for podcasting. Most of the podcast I listen to use it.

Jarate

Banned
The only stuff I don't really like in Rick and Morty is some of the character drama they try to do.

The Comedy though is top tier. Season 1 is a masterpiece tho

Grexeno

Decimate I forgot to ask you on the podcast if it's ok for ckohler to pull the 2015 ToonamiGAF Awards from your channel and upload it to the ToonamiGAF Podcast Feed.

I like Rick and Morty, but I can understand how its humor can be hit or miss with people.
Sometimes it's sadistic and unrelenting, I think it would depend on a persons tolerance for dark humor. Summer has a job that might as well be selling creepy ass stand powers lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom