• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuuka Episode 8
download.png

Okay let's see how that works out for you...
It's amazing the abundance of human stupidity in the first three minutes of this episode. So when we last left our heroes they were about to kick off their debut to a group of soon to rioters. Yuu is confident though because of his band friends we don't know, and they get ready by setting up their poorly rendered CG equipment. Clearly everything is gonna go fine...

download_1.png

Fucking hit him again!

So at this point, Yuu is bleeding out and his guitar is broke. Naturally upon seeing this, Yuu's sister decides to rush in to his defense by running into the crowd of lunatics.
download.png
download_1.png

This was a good idea.

So naturally when that goes poorly, Koyuki, pop-idol sensation that has the weirdos in such a fury decides to reveal herself in the audience, seemingly thinking an apology from her will obviously cool things down.

Again, this is all in the first three minutes.

Is the twist gonna be that everyone in this show suffers from lead poisoning or something?

Sad fact Fuuka apprently might be the least horrid of the Seo trinity, though I don't know since A Town Where You Rage was the last straw and I raged quit the manga and Seo for life.

cntr

Banned
Fuuka has a longer build up, but from what I've hear, it's probably going to end up worse than A Town Where You Rage

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's like Seo is powered by the rage of his readers.

We actually thought for a while that Fuuka would be relatively normal. I mean, dumb things happened, but the stupidity was within the normal bounds of a shonen romance manga. Then, it happened. It literally took a few chapters for it to sink in, but laughs were had when it did.

Fuuka Episode 8

It's amazing the abundance of human stupidity in the first three minutes of this episode. So when we last left our heroes they were about to kick off their debut to a group of soon to rioters. Yuu is confident though because of his band friends we don't know, and they get ready by setting up their poorly rendered CG equipment. Clearly everything is gonna go fine...

So at this point, Yuu is bleeding out and his guitar is broke. Naturally upon seeing this, Yuu's sister decides to rush in to his defense by running into the crowd of lunatics.

So naturally when that goes poorly, Koyuki, pop-idol sensation that has the weirdos in such a fury decides to reveal herself in the audience, seemingly thinking an apology from her will obviously cool things down.

Again, this is all in the first three minutes.

Is the twist gonna be that everyone in this show suffers from lead poisoning or something?

Apparently, according the manga readers, it's deviating from the manga based on how that episode ended.

C5Y45jzVMAAweHO.jpg

Resident Evil 7 Chris...

I don't know guys, his biceps are lacking the canelope shape of Resident Evil 5. How is he gonna deal with boulders?

jHl5dN9.gif

Yep, Yakuza 0 is great. Hope you're enjoying it. I finished it about a week or two ago. My favorite game of this year so far.

I'm enjoying it a lot. First Yakuza game I've ever really played.

Walking into Oasis and seeing this guy dancing was a good for a big laugh.

Dude loves to shake a groove thing.

Apparently, according the manga readers, it's deviating from the manga based on how that episode ended.

Oh god, if we don't get to the twist....

Mizerman

We actually thought for a while that Fuuka would be relatively normal. I mean, dumb things happened, but the stupidity was within the normal bounds of a shonen romance manga. Then, it happened. It literally took a few chapters for it to sink in, but laughs were had when it did.

I shook my head afterwards.

Morlas

This is why I don't read romance manga unless its highly recommended, also the only romance i need is luffy and meat
and goku and fighting.

In case anyone is interested in hearing what the english voices of Champa and Vados will sound like, previews for the Xenoverse 2 DLC pack are out. Champa starts talking around 39 seconds in with Vados speaking a few seconds later. Forewarning, it seems to cover some parts of the U6 VS U7 tourney so spoilers abound.

Offtopic a bit, but according to Sean and Chris (Goku and Vegeta's VAs), you shouldn't be using these voice clips as a judge in wither or not they are going to sound like this in Super. while the voices are going to be (almost) right theirs no voice direction attached so your only getting a vague idea.

Sean Schemmel literally knew nothing about Goku Black when he was voicing the DLC pack for him and wasn't given proper direction on what he is or what his motives were and as a result it came out pretty bad. (FUNimation just lends their voices out the overall production is done by someone else, the only reason they come out good most of the time is because of seniority with the cast).

When Chris Sabat gets to the GB arc he said that he'll give proper direction to all characters, seeing as hes watching the sub like everyone else and Sean has already taken the feedback from his GB voice from fans.

So while Xenoverse is giving us a small preview of the voices, we'll hear them proper come time when Super gets to their respective arcs.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One nice thing I can say about Fuuka is that they actually didn't go for the normal plan of only having two viable love interests, the third girl is also a very strong competitor who he arguably has more in common with than the other two. Also they did a good job establishing the childhood friend next door's bonafides.

I've done it ladies and gentlemen. I've gained routine reliable employment at an insurance sales company. Just gotta get a license by March, and I'm in. Now when I'm walking down the street, women will look at me and think, "Oh he's so financially stable and consistently employed!"

I can see it now.

Also, those Breath of the Wild previews...

giphy.gif

I've done it ladies and gentlemen. I've gained routine reliable employment at an insurance sales company. Just gotta get a license by March, and I'm in. Now when I'm walking down the street, women will look at me and think, "Oh he's so financially stable and consistently employed!"

I can see it now.

Also, those Breath of the Wild previews...

giphy.gif
Every time I think of sales gigs I think of Glengarry Glen Ross, good luck.

One nice thing I can say about Fuuka is that they actually didn't go for the normal plan of only having two viable love interests, the third girl is also a very strong competitor who he arguably has more in common with than the other two. Also they did a good job establishing the childhood friend next door's bonafides.

Big Boobs Senpai has kind of gotten fuck all to do since her debut episode though. :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Big Boobs Senpai has kind of gotten fuck all to do since her debut episode though. :p

I'm only on episode six but I figured that happens going by what the next episode title was.

Still most harem shows have the 3-X place girls/boys have fuck all to do and no viable path to the MC's heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom