• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C5c_P42_NUs_AMPta_X.jpg

Link is out there baby and loving every minute of it!

Just like my japanese animes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Breath of the Gone Wild

Hoping Dell will pull through with the special edition. Since I've got $40 in Amazon credit, half of which was compensation for cancelling the master edition, guess I'll put that towards Nier Autoata & forget about the Switch for a few days.

bigkrev

Ooh neat, as a pretty milquetoast guy myself was it as good as the reviews i hear it's getting?

It's in the 7.5/8 out of 10 category. Well worth seeing, but it again shows how Useless Rotten Tomates is that this movie has a 100, and a legitimate masterpiece like Chinatown only has a 98

It's in the 7.5/8 out of 10 category. Well worth seeing, but it again shows how Useless Rotten Tomates is that this movie has a 100, and a legitimate masterpiece like Chinatown only has a 98

well, RT is pretty much useless for older movie reviews, no matter how often they insist on making ranked lists mostly composed of movies that came out before their website even existed.

though Chinatown has a 9.3 to Get Out's 8.3, so there's that I guess

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Since mentioning TTGL a few days ago I've been rewatching parts of it and man that final sequence of episode is still pretty damn amazing. I remember starting the show and take forever to get through it and then I started the last 4 or so episodes after midnight on a worknight and couldn't stop watching till past 3am. It was worth it haha, the escalation was amazing.

Also that final sequence of battles had some really crazy moments. I loved the whole ocean in space part. And of course Galaxy fight.

Since mentioning TTGL a few days ago I've been rewatching parts of it and man that final sequence of episode is still pretty damn amazing. I remember starting the show and take forever to get through it and then I started the last 4 or so episodes after midnight on a worknight and couldn't stop watching till past 3am. It was worth it haha, the escalation was amazing.

Also that final sequence of battles had some really crazy moments. I loved the whole ocean in space part. And of course Galaxy fight.
Simon's GF going evil really pissed me off.
Go watch Jojo and learn how to pose Son Goku.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
first amazon cancels my master edition pre-order, now dell cancels my special edition pre-order.....why did this have to happen a week before its release.

At this rate, I'm just gonna have my Switch collect dust while I play Nier Automata since I actually can get the damn day one edition of that, even if the LE has been unavailable for a while (not like I was gonna be able to afford it anyways) because what the hell else is there at launch? Super Bomberman R? Impressions haven't been good & I'm waiting for a sale

Regiruler

first amazon cancels my master edition pre-order, now dell cancels my special edition pre-order.....why did this have to happen a week before its release.

At this rate, I'm just gonna have my Switch collect dust while I play Nier Automata since I actually can get the damn day one edition of that, even if the LE has been unavailable for a while (not like I was gonna be able to afford it anyways) because what the hell else is there at launch? Super Bomberman R? Impressions haven't been good & I'm waiting for a sale
Crazy idea: don't get a switch at launch.

God is trying to tell you something. Or Iwata from the grave.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
it's telling me this is actually going to be a bad zelda game & that I shouldn't play it, and instead get nier automata?

that seems weirdly specific, but ohkay

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Nintendo burned me with the Wii and WiiU so I'm waiting a while on the Switch. I'll probably pick one up a year after release once things are more solidified on all fronts and I actually see if third parties are doing more than paying lip service to Nintendo in terms of actually releasing content. I actually hope they knock it out of the park but Ninty has to earn my trust again on the home console front, their games still look great though for the most part.

Seda

I don't get people that must buy a console at launch. I just wait for a bit, massive backlog makes this a lot easier.

yeppppppppppppp I own dozens of games I want to play. I barely get games at release anymore.

Which is fine. Like, I played Baten Kaitos Origins a few months ago and holy shit that game is fun.

bigkrev

I'm buying a Switch because it's Nintendos new handheld, so I'm going to need it st some point, so why not get it now?

Also, I caught up on the last 2 weeks of DB Super. Why haven't Trunks or Goten suggested using the Dragonballs yet?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I thought you had a Wii U?
I do, but I would rather get the Switch version since it's on a newer system that's more portable. I can still order a Switch copy via Best Buy (which I might as well at this point), but it's just a bummer that I can't get my hands on yet another LE for Zelda, the first being the Wind Waker HD one with the Ganondorf figurine since WW was my first Zelda, so it has a special place in my heart.

If anything, I'm just annoyed after a month of my LE order being placed & a week before shipment, my order gets cancelled & despite getting $20 as compensation, I can't even get a physical copy of the game.

I don't get people that must buy a console at launch. I just wait for a bit, massive backlog makes this a lot easier.
Black Friday 2015: Cool, I bought a PS4, but crap, I don't have any games, I should pick up a few.....

2-3 weeks later: HOW DO I ALREADY HAVE 10 GAMES FOR THIS, IT'S NOT EVEN CHRISTMAS YET & i HAVE A BACKLOG READY

But I still understand the logic, especially in this day & age of "they'll make a slim version, or Nintendo will make about 4 different revisions of their portable device to go with a price drop". For me, there's enough games coming to the system this year that make me feel comfortable getting one at launch, even if a few things are coming in April or Summer that I want.

yeppppppppppppp I own dozens of games I want to play. I barely get games at release anymore.

Which is fine. Like, I played Baten Kaitos Origins a few months ago and holy shit that game is fun.
I still need to clear off time for Shin Megami Tensei 3. I have games for months, but I still buy the occasional new ones. Shit I still need to start Yakuza 3, get passed the beginning of 5 and beat 4 and I want Yakuza 0. I'm at the inverse of where I was in high school where I had plenty of time and no money for games.
I do, but I would rather get the Switch version since it's on a newer system that's more portable. I can still order a Switch copy via Best Buy (which I might as well at this point), but it's just a bummer that I can't get my hands on yet another LE for Zelda, the first being the Wind Waker HD one with the Ganondorf figurine since WW was my first Zelda, so it has a special place in my heart.

If anything, I'm just annoyed after a month of my LE order being placed & a week before shipment, my order gets cancelled & despite getting $20 as compensation, I can't even get a physical copy of the game.

Black Friday 2015: Cool, I bought a PS4, but crap, I don't have any games, I should pick up a few.....

2-3 weeks later: HOW DO I ALREADY HAVE 10 GAMES FOR THIS, IT'S NOT EVEN CHRISTMAS YET & i HAVE A BACKLOG READY

But I still understand the logic, especially in this day & age of "they'll make a slim version, or Nintendo will make about 4 different revisions of their portable device to go with a price drop". For me, there's enough games coming to the system this year that make me feel comfortable getting one at launch, even if a few things are coming in April or Summer that I want.
I really don't even buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games at this point. I think my most played Wii U games are the two Bayonetta games and...well shit I don't even know anymore since I don't have one anymore. My most played 3DS game was SMT IV.

Seda

I caught up on shows. DB Super felt really slow and padded, I suppose I should get used to that. DBZ Kai is roughly at the point where things get 'serious' but there are a few more fun episodes before then.

Jojo with the really creepy vein episode
next is even more creepy....in more than one way?
. Chris Jai Alex needs more roles I think. Has a distinct voice that can work really well if casted right.

Hunter X Hunter was actually more interesting than it has been for a while. Maybe because it feels like there are some actual stakes coming into play?

One Piece was good. I thought the most moving part of the episode was when the Captain couldn't hold his tears in front of Brook after holding a brave face for everyone else.

GITS was probably one of the weaker episodes with a overdone/trite theme, but still good.

cntr

Banned
the general goofiness of DBS is enjoyable enough for me (haven't watched the movies), but from what I know it's said to get good after the movie recaps are over

that's in episode 28, so not too long to wait

Seda

the general goofiness of DBS is enjoyable enough for me (haven't watched the movies), but from what I know it's said to get good after the movie recaps are over

that's in episode 28, so not too long to wait

Oh yeah, DB is much better when it's more light hearted.

I hear the Resurrection of Frieza arc is really bad and we'll have to slog through that. Oh well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like I should watch the movie version first so I can see it better paced. This retelling of Battle of Gods isn't awful so far, but it's quite clear they padded stuff out & some of the changes, despite most being minor, don't seem to work as well (though I slightly prefer Super's version of how Pilaf & co. joined the gang compared to the movie just....having them appear out of nowhere already at the party).

Plus it seems to get better once they start working with new material instead of just retelling the movies. Hopefully, since it's brand new material, we won't get the awful, tedious padding.

Morlas

Well think about it like this I'm pretty sure that is about the length of the guren arc in shippuden and its way better too.
a place to belong, a place to belong

I saw Get Out today. It's among the most awkward theater experiences I've had as a white guy!

I was told that this shouldn't be something to worry about while watching it. Also it looks kinda fun.

Also pretty psyched to see what BotW has to offer

Anyway, gonna go see Lego Batman with a couple of friends tomorrow, then I should be back just in time for DBS on Toonami

Yeah I've gotten sucked into the hype of console launches a few times. Not getting a Switch at launch though. I'm not a massive Zelda fan and the rest of their launch lineup doesn't interest me at all.

Morlas

I don't see a problem with it as long as you're confident you'll get your money's worth out of it, and nintendo has never let me down in that respect.

Moaradin

Finally finished catching up with Samurai Jack. The last season has some great episodes like "Samurai vs. Ninja", "The 4 Seasons of Death", and "Tale of X9", but man does it end on a weird note. Never would have thought that the series finale of Samurai Jack until 13 years later was a random episode about Jack taking care of a baby. There's no closure whatsoever lol. Aku doesn't even appear in the last few episodes.

Line_HTX

The Great Wall was perhaps the greatest film experience of all time.

Matt Damon for Kakashi.

Uh, sure, if you like underdeveloped characterization and 5/10 storytelling that didn't do so well.

I'd say it's the worst Zhang Yimou directed work like how Children Who Chase Lost Voices was the worst from Shinkai.

Really though, you should watch Hero instead. That's what The Great Wall should've been.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't see a problem with it as long as you're confident you'll get your money's worth out of it, and nintendo has never let me down in that respect.
I feel the same way. I know Nintendo will put out games I'll want, & I've seen enough stuff confirmed for Switch that makes me feel content with getting it at launch.

For the others, I waited until I felt there was enough games to warrant the purchase & to see whose exclusives were more appealing to me, which is why I got a PS4 late 2015 while I still don't feel any motivation to get a X1. Though looking back, while I'm still glad I had a 360, I feel as though Sony will be my other main company due to Japanese developer 3rd party support.

Chase17

Uh, sure, if you like underdeveloped characterization and 5/10 storytelling that didn't do so well.

I'd say it's the worst Zhang Yimou directed work like how Children Who Chase Lost Voices was the worst from Shinkai.

Really though, you should watch Hero instead. That's what The Great Wall should've been.
I was joking. Film is about as average as can be.
Although we did get a good laugh out of some scenes in the film, especially regarding the physics. That bowl trick shot!

bigkrev

I really liked the costume design in Great Wall, I was -shocked- at how much subtitled Chinese was spoken, and thought the lead actress was great, and probably has a future in Hollywood.

That said... the enemies looked like the Zerg in the CG cutscenes from Starcraft 1, the action lacked impact, and whatever accent Matt Damon was trying to do was terrible. I'm really easy to please when it comes to dumb action movies in a theater, but this was about as low as you could get without me feeling angry about spending money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom