• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Scalebound sounds like it was a mess of a production with executive meddling forcing a genre shift that killed it's momentum.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly the case when the inevitable Unseen64 comes out about this a couple years down the line.

My little brother bought me a PS4 for Christmas as a College Graduation gift so I no longer have any reason to consider the Switch for a Next-Gen console at all. I'm all good.

Truthfully, I barely was anyway but...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My co-worker suggested that I sell my Sony consoles so I can afford the Switch.

.......he also constantly bugs me with "HOW COME X GAME ISN'T ON NINTENDO" despite me explaining stuff like games cost money & time to develop, let alone porting, & they have this thing called "market research" that shows which games/franchises/genres do better on which systems, plus the whole "Wii was freakin' underpowered to handle a good port of a PS360 game" deal.

"Well, I would've bought it!" Well congrats, you're one person, now you just need tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people wanting the same thing, which the company decided there wouldn't be enough of an audience to warrant doing the work & spending the money.

Regiruler

My co-worker suggested that I sell my Sony consoles so I can afford the Switch.

.......he also constantly bugs me with "HOW COME X GAME ISN'T ON NINTENDO" despite me explaining stuff like games cost money & time to develop, let alone porting, & they have this thing called "market research" that shows which games/franchises/genres do better on which systems, plus the whole "Wii was freakin' underpowered to handle a good port of a PS360 game" deal.

"Well, I would've bought it!" Well congrats, you're one person, now you just need tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people wanting the same thing, which the company decided there wouldn't be enough of an audience to warrant doing the work & spending the money.

Are you sure the coworker isn't me?

I'm not working

bigkrev

I have a 🔥 take- no one should buy a console for a game that isn't actually out. I wanted Bayonetta 2, I waited till the game was out to buy a WiiU
also I still haven't actually played it but whatever
. I bought a PS4 because im an idiot because I wanted to play MLB the Show, and when/if Uncharted or Persona came out, they would be a bonus.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are you sure the coworker isn't me?

I'm not working
No, you're nowhere near as fanboyishly annoying as he is. He absolutely refuses to buy a different company's console......but he went to go see the Ratchet & Clank movie, a game series owned by Sony, a company he doesn't wish to support............which just boggles my mind, he won't play the game because it's not Nintendo, but he'll see the movie based on a game series not on Nintendo consoles?

You also didn't keep asking "DID YOU PLAY THE SPLATFEST? WHO DID YOU PICK? WHY DIDN'T YOU PLAY IT?!" when Splatoon was at its peak popularity. Nor have you randomly asked out of the blue "what's your high score in Balloon Fight?" or "HOW COME YOU DIDN'T PICK THE NINTENDO VERSION OF X GAME?!"

I have a 🔥 take- no one should buy a console for a game that isn't actually out. I wanted Bayonetta 2, I waited till the game was out to buy a WiiU
. I bought a PS4 because im an idiot because I wanted to play MLB the Show, and when/if Uncharted or Persona came out, they would be a bonus.
I have a similar opinion. Granted, with Nintendo, I KNOW there'll be games I want because it's the only place to get Nintendo's games. Even though I know now to stick with Sony, I still decided to wait a bit to see what came out to confirm if I should go with the PS4 or X1 (even though I figured PS4 since that's were most of the Japanese games are) & to confirm "okay, yeah, there's enough games I want now & some have been discounted or are old enough to go on sale eventually".

But yeah, I can't justify buying a console for just one or two games, my rule is the cost of the games I want have to equal the cost of the system itself, hence why I'm still very skeptical on buying a X1 (though I was given one as a gift or won it, I wouldn't be against it).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
He was one of the five people who saw it?
But he refuses to play the games. Because they're not on Nintendo. & will constantly remind you Nintendo is the one true savior and ask why you haven't found Nintendo in your life & are instead playing stuff on something NOT Nintendo. & expect you to do nothing but go home & play games despite having stuff like....a life....& bills to pay.........& chores to take care of.....or in my friend's case, a freakin' baby on the way.....

....*sigh* Sorry for the off-topic rant, it's just rather frustrating to deal with someone who feels so closed-minded (even if it's for a company I like) in comparison to my best friend or people on here.

Regiruler

No, you're nowhere near as fanboyishly annoying as he is. He absolutely refuses to buy a different company's console......but he went to go see the Ratchet & Clank movie, a game series owned by Sony, a company he doesn't wish to support............which just boggles my mind, he won't play the game because it's not Nintendo, but he'll see the movie based on a game series not on Nintendo consoles?

You also didn't keep asking "DID YOU PLAY THE SPLATFEST? WHO DID YOU PICK? WHY DIDN'T YOU PLAY IT?!" when Splatoon was at its peak popularity. Nor have you randomly asked out of the blue "what's your high score in Balloon Fight?" or "HOW COME YOU DIDN'T PICK THE NINTENDO VERSION OF X GAME?!"

Well, what is your high score in balloon fight?
Both main game and balloon trip.

Korigama

It wasn't until the end of 2016 that I could finally justify getting a PS4, so I picked up the Uncharted 4 slim bundle while it was on sale during the holidays. I expect it to fulfill my needs for the foreseeable future in respect to console gaming. Lack of funds and not wanting to deal with Nintendo's quirks and/or frugality anymore than I actually need to factor into my lack of interest in the Switch. I'll continue stretching things out as long as possible with 3DS as far as handheld gaming goes.

Overwatch is fun to watch other people play. Now that I have a PS4 I might try it out one day but I'm not someone who engages in online matches for anything. I'm not a good team player. Solo experiences are where it's at for me.

Either that or playing competitively in my own living room with tangible friends by my side.

as a person who bought the PS3 for The Last Guardian i can confirm this is a good idea

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Home from work and I see the internet has exploded over the cancellation of Scalebound. Holy shit.

I hope Platinum (and Kamiya) come out of this okay.

I'd love Wonderful 102 on Switch (or a 101 remaster)

bigkrev

Considering i've started/had consume my life Granblue this last week, i'm kinda excited to see what they are doing with that IP as they announced a few months ago

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've started watching Sakamoto desu ga.

........It's like if Yu from Persona 4 had even MORE swag.....how have I not watched this earlier?

Regiruler

I've started watching Sakamoto desu ga.

........It's like if Yu from Persona 4 had even MORE swag.....how have I not watched this earlier?

I was trying to shill it months ago. It's amazing.

giphy.gif

tumblr_o9ansmPjA71uea406o1_1280.gif

If someone finds the absurdist parts of jojo funny, than they'll probably love sakamoto.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This dude would feel right at home in an episode of Jojo.

Also will probably give Kiznaiver a chance now after hearing more about it while some scenes were playing. Not sure why I didn't see this either, I heard it was Trigger so that instantly made me interested.

Regiruler

What really gets me about that combat scene and (future spoilers)
another in episode 5
is the use of the flashes of light to signify impact. Some may find it distracting, but I think it ads a little bit of ompf to scenes that don't really have a full budget to show the actual point of collision.

I bring this up because I don't think Jojo did a good job last night making the hits seem impactful. When Joseph was punching Straitzo, it only had the aftershot of Straitzo moving away from the fist. It felt weak.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sakamoto NEEDS to be voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, & with Funimation, I'm sure they'll do a great job of capturing the "coolness" of....

....*licensed by Sentai*

WELL NEVER MIND, THEN.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sakamoto NEEDS to be voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, & with Funimation, I'm sure they'll do a great job of capturing the "coolness" of....

....*licensed by Sentai*

WELL NEVER MIND, THEN.

Aww that's going to suck.

Sakamoto needs Funimation's off the wall comedy writing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sakamoto to be voiced by the guy who voiced Shinichi.

....I actually don't know if they plan to dub it. They just said last March they got the rights. You can't even pre-order the DVD/Blu-Ray, but you can buy a 6 button set.....

The fact that I'm going to see an anime movie in the theater tomorrow is quite the interesting feeling. Even better that it's One Piece.

Like, the last time that happened was with the Yu-Gi-Oh! movie and for some reason I don't even feel like that counts.

Moaradin

Every so often I must bathe myself in debauched fuckery. The animators for this show can't draw eyes for shit.

Sounds like they are just staying faithful to the VN.

Speaking of School Days, a few years ago I lost a bet and had to play through and beat (at least one of the routes anyways) the VN of that. Not one of my proudest moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom