• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
I will always appreciate that Super Robot Wars Z called out Kira for his bullshit so hard, that he gets punched in the face by goddamn Shinji from Evangelion, and it felt so right.

Plus they rewrote the plot and made it actually good, SRW Z's the real version of SEED for me.

I never said she ain't crazy, just that he did good smashing that shit. Most protags couldn't smash it if you put it in front of them and explained how the whole thing worked, dude got in there and did the job.
Most Gundam protags don't smash cray cray though...unless you're Heero...he smashed Relena right?

Raine ain't crazy though, neither was Allenbee. I honestly think Paptimus smashed Reccoa and Quattro wasn't touching that woman like that...Paptimus isn't a protag though. Now that I think about it, Paptimus probably smashed most of the women on the Jupitrus. Named his suit The O for a fucking reason.

doesn't Lacus have pink hair, or am I forgetting who you're talking about?

He's talking about Flay. Lacus and Kira never had sex on screen.

Can we get pics of said red head?

Flay_Allster_4100.jpg

Here you go. She's the worst character in SEED IMO.

Raxus

IIRC Gundam Wing had some really great battles it made me completely overlook how bad the two main leads were.

I remember the antagonist and his crew being pretty boss as well. It's been ages since I have seen the series.

In new anime season reactions, It is jarring watching Blue Exorcist again picking up where they split off from the manga and just erasing the final arc from the OG anime from existence. Little Witch Academia is pretty great, not too surprising.

Every fucking character in Seed is terrible except Athrun and maybe Durandal. Shuichi ikeda elevated that character with his natural swag.

Every fucking character in Seed is terrible except Athrun and maybe Durandal. Shuichi ikeda elevated that character with his natural swag.
I pretty much consider Durandal "Boy Scout Leader Paptimus." He had a way with confused little boys that echoed how Pimptimus would just sway those confused Gundam women, except Fa though. Kamille was her man.

I wish Toonami got a proper mecha show, like a Getter Robo or Mazinger Z
Or Macross Frontier but fuck off with trying to dub over based Sheryll "Yas Queen" Nome. And yeah I know of Macross Delta, not as good as Frontier and I don't need to see Mirage take the L again but in English this time.

Korigama

Or Macross Frontier but fuck off with trying to dub over based Sheryll "Yas Queen" Nome. And yeah I know of Macross Delta, not as good as Frontier and I don't need to see Mirage take the L again but in English this time.
Big West's legal dispute with Harmony Gold, and their complete unwillingness to actually take it to court in the States to resolve it in spite of Japanese courts already having ruled in their favor, guarantees that we won't be seeing official releases or broadcasts of any Macross after Plus outside of Japan, dubbed or otherwise.

Jarate

Banned
My library has that most recently made Gundam Manga that I think covers the UC, unfortunately some asshole took out only the first volume and has held onto it for dear life

I have that shit on hold tho, so hopefully I'll get caught up there

Big West's legal dispute with Harmony Gold, and their complete unwillingness to actually take it to court in the States to resolve it in spite of Japanese courts already having ruled in their favor, guarantees that we won't be seeing official releases or broadcasts of any Macross after Plus outside of Japan, dubbed or otherwise.
Oh...I know all about this bullshit already. That most was one part wishful thinking and another part not saying "Put escaflowne on Toonami."

zulux21

Wow, Scalebound might be cancelled.

I feel like sudden cancellations are becoming rarer, or is that just me?

idk it feels like it's becoming a yearly occurrence at microsoft.

I know I recall hearing a Fable of this game that was going to be one of the Legends being cancelled last year.

I mean sudden large scale game cancellations are rare in general, but this is starting to look like microsoft might have a serious issue somewhere as you can't just keep eating large scale game cancellations that got most of the way through development.

edit: microsoft just confirmed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You ain't wrong, but how many other anime protagonists actually get laid before the series ends?
Shinichi in Parasyte.

Jonathan,
Joseph & later on, Jotaro
in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, if you want to argue the series hasn't "ended" & the whole "series focuses on a relative of the Joestar family" deal

..........freakin' Goku in Dragon Ball. TWICE.

...................Makoto in School Days???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom