• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, it seems pretty apparent that it's quality is pretty consistent. There aren't any signs of it dipping at the moment, which is good.

Kind of wish Black Clover would stop being so bland though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Speaking of female characters from Jump manga, I sure miss Medaka Box & the fact Gainax/Trigger never got around to adapting more of it, especially when they stopped RIGHT AT WHEN THE SERIES STARTED GETTING REALLY GOOD.

....that freakin' tease with that character....

Mizerman

At this point, it seems pretty apparent that it's quality is pretty consistent. There aren't any signs of it dipping at the moment, which is good.

Black Clover is just so...by the books. I mean, it does the checklist of shonen tools without doing anything kinda fresh.

cntr

Banned
I'm alright with Black Clover, 'cause even if it's totally boring and generic, it's not truly awful. It feels like a decent "popcorn" shounen that you'd read if you were bored.

I need to read Medaka Box, I heard about the language shit it does, and it sounds dope as hell.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From the sounds of it, Black Clover seems to be among similar quality of Blue Exorcist. A series that isn't terrible by any means, but also feels generic with nothing really going for it.

Moaradin

I was put off on reading Black Clover the second I heard that characters show up that are from spin-off light novels, and the manga expects you to read that shit. What a good way to immediately confuse newcomers with stupid cross promotional stuff.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I need to read Medaka Box, I heard about the language shit it does, and it sounds dope as hell.
One thing I will say about Medaka Box is that it starts off completely & utterly different from how the series ends up becoming. The 2nd season of the anime is much closer in comparison to the 1st season where half the episodes are "let's take requests from the student & gain members for our club".

Basically, when the series introduced
Kumagawa
, that's when it found its footing as to what it wanted to be & became much more interesting. Unfortunately, the anime ends RIGHT at when said character gets introduced, which is a huge shame considering Gainax was a perfect choice for what would've come later in the series.

When it becomes less of a slice-of-life comedy & more action oriented, that's the start of the author having a better idea of what he wants the series to be.

Black Clover is just so...by the books. I mean, it does the checklist of shonen tools without doing anything kinda fresh.

There are a few minor points of interest here and there... at least when it finally got going... but now it's dipped back into that routine blandness full time now.

There's this really annoying problem it's got where everyone always relies on Asta and always talks about how fucking amazing Asta is and how much of saint he is and how he's so special and shit. It's so frequent for a series that hasn't been around that long, you'd think everyone in that universe thought him the Second coming of Jesus. And of course he's always screaming and shouting his shonen morality speeches and shit.

All the battles all 95% end with him using his Deus-Ex-Sword on something and all the characters getting in position to support him to get the finale blow on every opponent they face.

I like teamwork and shit but I'm sure they figured on strategies to win fights before Asta showed up.

Chase17

Yeah it's pretty generic. That said I like the whole asta being anti magic thing when they use it well, and the fast pacing keeps it readable.

I was put off on reading Black Clover the second I heard that characters show up that are from spin-off light novels, and the manga expects you to read that shit. What a good way to immediately confuse newcomers with stupid cross promotional stuff.
Yeah that's bad. I was confused for a good bit.

Am looking forward to the current arc ending so I can feel like I'm on level ground with the serious again lol

cntr

Banned
I still need to continue the Samurai Jack rewatch, left off at the beginning of Season 2.

Samurai Jack's first episode was dope.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aku would make for a good video game boss.
Samurai_Jack_-_Rise_of_Aku_-_Cover.jpg

The final boss.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't know how it's played in that one, but I was referring how he was constantly changing between forms.
From footage, he has 3 different forms. A weird humanoid form, a dragon, & a.....fish? He can also spawn enemy samurai warriors.

Probably not fully realized, but an attempt at what you'd want, it seems.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Not even possible since I heard Activision killed of PG's licensing games department or team.

No Activision killed their own licensing team.

I'm sure EA could still have them do a Star Wars game or something .... Fuck, I actually want that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Star Fox Zero, I blame more on Nintendo due to trying to "innovate" the controls than Platinum.

.....Anarchy Reigns, I honestly don't recall a ton of praise for that. I bought it for $5 via Xbox Live sale, but still never touched it.

Legend of Korra & TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan, those are obvious candidates for worst Platinum games, but both were also under Activision, so they probably were forced to release them quickly.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Viewtiful Joe - Great
Viewtiful Joe 2 - Good
Okami - Excellent
God Hand - Good
Madworld - Decent
Infinite Space - Never played
Bayonetta - Excellent
Vanquish - Great
Anarchy Reigns - Meh
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - Excellent
The Wonderful 101 - Uber Excellent
The Legend of Korra - Meh
Bayonetta 2 - Excellent
Transformers Devastation - Good
Star Fox Zero - Alright *runs*
Star Fox Guard - Alright
TMNT Mutants in Manhattan - No.

Scalebound - *sad face*

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I need to replay VJ2 one of these days. I remember as a teen, absolutely loving the first game, just being....really disappointed with the sequel for some reason. Replay was very situational, there was almost no reason to switch between Joe & Sylvia when she lost her uniqueness from the first game, there was less playable characters this time around (unlocking the different characters & discovering they all had their own unique dialogue/changes to the plot was neat), &....I don't know, it just didn't have that same "soul" to it.

It's not really a bad game per say, but easily one where it was perhaps the first time I truly felt disappointed by a sequel.

I never really cared for the Viewtiful Joe games.

I also only care for the first Devil May Cry game. Everyone knows Devil May Cry 2 is bad, but 3 and 4 also irk me for different reasons.

The PS 4 has a horrible blu ray player. I go to pop in my FMA: Brotherhood blu ray's and it won't even recognize them. I plug in my PS 3 not as slim as the super slim and the things load up.

BBboy20

I could play devil's advocate & say for Zelda, they were still getting used to the controls since I heard Nintendo remapped some stuff (like the fact there's a dedicated jump button, but it's Y or something weird, hence the bomb drop, though I won't excuse running back towards the bomb), but SONIC?! How do you take 20 seconds to realize "UUUUHHHHHH OH RIGHT, I NEED SPEED TO RUN PAST THE LOOP-DA-LOOP & NOT JUMP" or remember the spin dash?!

Man, I think kid me would be even more annoyed considering...ya know, a KID could do it compared to someone who gets paid to preview & review games for a living.
Playing is one thing, recording and then consider that good enough footage is another.

No Activision killed their own licensing team.

I'm sure EA could still have them do a Star Wars game or something .... Fuck, I actually want that.
Star Wars will save Platinum.

Viewtiful Joe - Great
Viewtiful Joe 2 - Good
Okami - Excellent
God Hand - Good
Madworld - Decent
Infinite Space - Never played
Bayonetta - Excellent
Vanquish - Great
Anarchy Reigns - Meh
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - Excellent
The Wonderful 101 - Uber Excellent
The Legend of Korra - Meh
Bayonetta 2 - Excellent
Transformers Devastation - Good
Star Fox Zero - Alright *runs*
Star Fox Guard - Alright
TMNT Mutants in Manhattan - No.

Scalebound - *sad face*
You forgot Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble and Double Trouble.

Seems getting that HDTV has been more of a curse then a blessing Jarate.

Also how long until dragon ball super kai happens?

Trust me with the way the manga is you don't want a dragonball super kai. its such a chopped up mess as a manga is doesn't hold up to its previous entries at all.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You could always get up off the couch and use the buttons on the television.
Thanks to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, I can deem this situation "the inconvenience of convenience."

....& also, the remote is like, 5 ft. away, it might as well be in China.

Regiruler

Star Fox Zero, I blame more on Nintendo due to trying to "innovate" the controls than Platinum.

The game was good regardless.

I'd say it's a fair head better than transformers, which had an absolutely abysmal game balance even if it had some godlike bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom