• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
EcjkTw5.gif

Chase17

From off page fight in the manga, to on screen fight in the anime, and main role in a spin off anime

Tenten has made it. I'm just four years late to the coronation.

I didn't watch all of Yuri on Ice, because it wasn't really my type of show, but it was alright. It had too many characters to give them much focus, and some people found the main pairing to be a bit dull, but it was still a pretty decent show.

That said, people saying it has better animation than Mob Psycho 100 is madness.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only case for a non Pokémon show having better animation than Mob is Flip Flappers, a gorgeous but ultimately disappointing show.

zulux21

I didn't watch all of Yuri on Ice, because it wasn't really my type of show, but it was alright. It had too many characters to give them much focus, and some people found the main pairing to be a bit dull, but it was still a pretty decent show.

That said, people saying it has better animation than Mob Psycho 100 is madness.

to be fair some people consider the art as part of the animation and mob is super duper ugly with it's art to a lot of people (me included) so that takes away for a lot of people.

I at least understand that it had amazing animation as that is the only way with that art style that the show looked decent while watching because without that it would be nearly unwatchable with one's 3rd grade level character designs.

love the guy's stories, but he can't draw, like at all lol.

I saw that in the Jojo OT after someone posted the Dio mod (which was also great) & noticed that video on the sidebar.

........maybe I should get back to playing Eyes of Heaven since I've finished some backlog stuff up.
I guess to the mainstream anime populace Jojo just isn't appreciated. I thought he had that shit on lock too.

Chase17

The best looking anime that aired last year was Pokémon XYZ and the best animated anime that aired last year was Pokémon Sun and Moon.
Pretty crazy how good they look for a weekly series.

Two very different styles too. (I should catch up on sun and moon series)

So I've been rewatching some old Toonami shows I didn't bother watching, or didn't pay the most attention when they originally aired.

Dimension W was definitely some wasted potential. Had all the ingredients for a show I'd really love, but then it really went off the rails. Not helping matters how much they sexualized the loli robot and Kyoma being such a unlikable ass for majority of the show.

Casshern Sins was something. Yeah, at the risk of coming off as an uncultured slob and "not getting it," I was bored to tears watching this. Cool animation I guess.

Black Lagoon has been a pretty fun ride so far. Watched the entire first season yesterday and I'm currently on the second now. Will also be watching the Roberta Blood Trail OVAs.

Outside of that, still need to do a rewatch of Hellsing and Parasyte.

I like parts of Casshern Sins and I think there's a much better 13 episode show in there somewhere but I also think it undermines its own themes in a really strange way that I'd like to write something about if I ever get any time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like part of Casshern's problem was being aired at night. Hell, I recall having to record it so I could watch it the next day just to not risk falling asleep at it.

& yes, completely agree with DW. Also, plz give us your reaction to S2 of Black Lagoon.

It might sound weird, but I find it oddly fascinating to watch people who are bad at videogames play videogames.

Mainly because it's interesting to see if they can actually learn and improve.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I could play devil's advocate & say for Zelda, they were still getting used to the controls since I heard Nintendo remapped some stuff (like the fact there's a dedicated jump button, but it's Y or something weird, hence the bomb drop, though I won't excuse running back towards the bomb), but SONIC?! How do you take 20 seconds to realize "UUUUHHHHHH OH RIGHT, I NEED SPEED TO RUN PAST THE LOOP-DA-LOOP & NOT JUMP" or remember the spin dash?!

Man, I think kid me would be even more annoyed considering...ya know, a KID could do it compared to someone who gets paid to preview & review games for a living.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It might sound weird, but I find it oddly fascinating to watch people who are bad at videogames play videogames.

Mainly because it's interesting to see if they can actually learn and improve.

This is why I check out the DSP "This is how you don't play" videos. Trainwrecks through and through.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Vegeta takes the wife and kid on a family vacation while Goku goes to train with King Kai, Gohan dons a new disguise to keep his identity a secret and becomes the mighty new hero Great Saiyaman, Stroheim attempts to revive the Pillar Man but not even the Wehrmacht may be able to contain him, Audrey accepts Banagher's aid while the Sleeves meanwhile continue to engage the Earth Federation's forces, Gon and Killua face off against their two remaining rivals in the Heavens Arena as they continue to progress in the ways of Nen, Tobi continues his tale and reveals the true nature of Itachi's deceptions, the morning sun isn't the only existential threat on Thriller Bark as the Warlord Bartholomew Kuma still lingers on the island ship, and finally the S Class heroes assemble as an alien ship arrives to threaten the world.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 2 - To the Promised Resort! Vegeta Takes a Family Trip?
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 2 - To the Promised Resort! Vegeta Takes a Family Trip?
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 100 - A New Hero, Great Saiyaman, Is Born!
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 12 - The Pillar Man
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 2 - First Blood
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 34 - Power × to × Avenge
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 141 - Truth
2:30 - One Piece - 375 - Not Out of Danger Yet! Orders to Annihilate the Straw Hat Crew
3:00 - One-Punch Man - 10 - Unparalleled Peril

Raxus

Seems like another great night
topped off with one of the most head explodingly bad moments in anime history.

Chase17

I hope Boruto goes the direction Super has.

"Filler" doesn't really bug me (and can sometimes be way better) when there is no source material (Super, Pokémon)

Raxus

We underestimated how bad Naruto's pacing actually was

Funny story,

Last episode and this episode covered 2 1/2 chapters of the manga...each. At this point I really can't blame the anime too much.

This is why we get filler hell.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Naruto needs to get Kai'd so badly.
Hell, make it a remake. It would still be a bit long considering it's 72 volumes of manga but it shouldn't be uber slow. ... Right?

Shippuden ends in March doesn't it? I can't see Japan airing both Shippuden and Boruto at the same time. Though I do see Toonami doing that in a couple years like they're doing with DB Super and Kai right now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I completely expected Shippuden to be awful, based on the weekly reactions when I return to watch One Piece & the rerun slot, considering the reactions to 95% of the episodes tend to be "OMG WHY WON'T SOMETHING HAPPEN, THIS IS SO SLOW" or "JESUS THAT WAS STUPID/AWFUL"

also how long until dragon ball super kai happens?

cntr

Banned
If there's anything that needs a complete remake, it's One Piece.

And nah, I wouldn't expect a Super Kai. Super doesn't really have "filler" like Z does, and in some sense, slice-of-life filler-esque episodes like last week's are the main plot of Super.

Moaradin

Yeah, Super doesn't have filler. People have actually wanted some of the major arcs to be longer if anything. The show moves at a pretty fast pace considering what DBZ is normally like.

I read the entire manga in a week for the (anime spoilers)
Tobi reveal
and it was the fastest whiplash of "oh I get why people like this" to "what happened" in my life
I think within a month of watching Naruto I went from "this isn't bad at all" to "what the fuck is bullshit?" Granted I watched it at a pretty fast pace, filler guide helped. I'm salty with Naruto. Like I could watch it, but god damn the quality curve is dank as fuck.
Yeah, Super doesn't have filler. People have actually wanted some of the major arcs to be longer if anything. The show moves at a pretty fast pace considering what DBZ is normally like.
That
baseball
ep needs to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom