• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Korra must be going through contract and schedule problems if they are burning through it like that with
Do you have a twitter account?

Also on my final flight next time you guys here from me I'll be in Alaska
Its an old one and barely used but I might just make a new one instead tho
I swear I haven't watched nearly enough anime to know wtf you guys are talking about half the time
Your not alone

Monster 1

I will post these in chunks and I will try to post (non-spoiler) pics and gifs along with my overall impressions. It goes without saying that if something is spoiler tagged then don't read it if you haven't seen the series.

Legit shook isn't enough to emphasize just how shook that girl was.

shook_zpsccb825c4.gif

My overall impression of the pilot is good. The characters are engaging and the narrative flows well. That said this is clearly set up for the events that will transpire for the remainder of the series with the biggest event being
the mysterious death of the couple
. Tenma is kind of naive but I expect that to quickly change. I need to see more to get better impressions of the rest of the characters but so far Eva and her dad seem one dimensional and I get the sneaking suspicion
we won't see much more of them soon enough.

Looking forward to the next episodes!
Monster is one of my favorite anime of all time. Good choice. Hopefully the HBO live action series comes to fruition sooner than later.
Are you watching the dub or sub?

ckohler

I swear I haven't watched nearly enough anime to know wtf you guys are talking about half the time

The flaming skull logo I posted is for the show Gurren Lagann. It's sometimes called by it's full Japanese title Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann or TTGL. Here is the Wikipedia article. It's an acclaimed, high action comedy, stylistic mecha show with eccentric characters and awesome music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurren_Lagann

Amikami

Banned
wtf. hope season 4 comes shortly after since it's mostly finished now.

Is it? I remember Konietzko saying once that pre-production was about almost finished that's still pretty early development isn't it. I hope season 4 comes sooner rather than later though with the rate this season is flying.

Should I?

If you have the time and you enjoy the show, I don't see why not, especially if you were already heading to anime expo. Someone from toonami gaf should go and give impressions.

Staying up to watch Black Lagoon and Blue Exorcist really burned me today.

I got called into work early this morning because someone was sick. I'm so tired.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
these writers should've watched Rurouni Kenshin.

Katana: "I'm going to use this sword to slice fools."

Batman: "We don't kill. Use this reverse blade sword."

Katana: "Ok."

end scene

Well even beyond that Kaoru was teaching a non lethal sword style as Kenshin didn't want his man slaying skills to be passed down at all.

what are you talking about, in the glorious people's republic of america the sun has only just recently risen! This is truth and you can tell it's truth because i'm american

KWfHxtG.jpg
Hrm. The sun is going down outside my window right now, but I really can't argue with this logic. It's so sound that it must be true!

*walks up to house*
"Chris? Chriss"
? "Oh"

Hi baby bear 5 feet from me ITS SO CUTE

y u no post twitter pic, man?

Amikami

Banned
So I decided to youtube Soul Eater ending 4 because well, it's a damn good ending. Considering the ending, the show's finale is so disappointing. I mean WOW. I expected so much more given the last ED. Why am I opening up these old wounds.

Soulflarz you wouldn't have this problem if you had a cat.
Cat-slaps-scares-bear.gif

Levyne

Banned
So I decided to youtube Soul Eater ending 4 because well, it's a damn good ending. Considering the ending, the show's finale is so disappointing. I mean WOW. I expected so much more given the last ED. Why am I opening up these old wounds.

Soulflarz you would have this problem if you had a cat.
Cat-slaps-scares-bear.gif

image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom