• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzSN_em8EfSL11z

zlCfzSN_em8EfSL11z

zlCfzSOCW8wT_Wao2F
zlCfzSOCl7cl5XIYTi

zlCfzSODF8sfZzquAV
zlCfzSODlust30HhBY

zlCfzSODudE5c-xWQU
zlCfzSOD-MYjYvbKq-

zlCfzSOEM6g1xZ_0n_
zlCfzSOEbkMNtlhSrU

zlCfzSOExIkPuyN9hX
zlCfzSOFBa0dcKEtaH

zlCfzSOFMmsXP4AdIv
zlCfzSOFanAvmY_SfJ

zlCfzSOFudcQ4Ciioh

LATER.

Tamanon

Banned
I think my girl has finally come around on another anime. She was heading to sleep last night as Bleach was ending but caught the Space Dandy commercial. She had seen a few episodes in the past when I rewatched them on On Demand. Now she actually stayed up to watch it live with me. Think she likes Meow and QT's antics.

Previously, the only anime she watched were Death Note, Persona 4, and Code Geass.

DominoKid

I wanted to ask this last night but it would get lost in the shuffle.

Has Demarco ever said anything about getting an original action series on the block? Like how IGPX was back on old Toonami?

Raxus

I wanted to ask this last night but it would get lost in the shuffle.

Has Demarco ever said anything about getting an original action series on the block? Like how IGPX was back on old Toonami?

Dandy is the closest thing we have. Toonami will likely never have the cash to promote an original series like it did back in the day. They already operate on a shoestring budget.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. *breathes* Sorry, just dealing with some stuff.

Attack on Titan
An entire episode to snap Eren out of a coma... yeah, this is a show (and manga) that need to be binge-watched, not in weekly (or monthly) increments. If Isayama does another series, he needs to learn how to do pacing.

Bleach
Boy, who know you could make sword fights in the air so damn boring.
By the way, never make Chad to commentary again. Good thing there's only 13 episodes left.
Also, if the previous Fullbrings weren't obvious Stand rip-offs, then PSP kid's Fullbring having the name "Invaders Must Die" should have Kubo paying royalties to Araki. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTw2YvutJRA

Space Dandy
80's overload! Oh and Glee. I guess someone on the creative team was a fan.
Either way, excellent episode. Top-tier.
Makes me excited to hear Brook sing in One Piece.

Shippuden
"We ran out of budget again!"
So yeah, Gaara will live. Shock of shocks.

One Piece
It begins! Luffy starts his full frontal assault, beating the crap out of any Marine that moves.
We also meet three more members of CP9, who aren't as "stable" as the other four.

Blue Exorcist
.... Still no idea what's going on. So is Satan supposed to be a good guy? But he's still a bad guy? I don't even...

Beware the Batman
Man, Revy was... wait wrong show.
I guess this wasn't so horrid... maybe. I just wish we could get an episode where Batman is actually a competent fighter. Seeing him fail over and over for 12 episodes is getting tiresome. At least next week is the half-way point.

Black Lagoon
A set-up episode both interesting and adorable. I imagine this being the final arc will lead to some insane scenes.

Raxus

Previously, the only anime she watched were Death Note, Persona 4, and Code Geass.

I am so sorry for her.

Reviews and Rankings:

Attack on Titan

THIS IS WHAT IT FELT LIKE TO WATCH ATTACK ON TITAN. IF WE SHOUT MORE MAYBE PEOPLE WON'T NOTICE WE HAVEN'T MADE ANY PROGRESS. AT LEAST ARMIN GOT SOME CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AS HE GROWS MORE AND MORE INTO THE STRATEGIST OF THE GROUP.

Bleach

I have to get this off my chest. Is it just me or is Ichigo the the polar opposite of Luffy as a shonen protagonist. Luffy is a fool that rushes into battle and seems to be a battle savant. When Luffy screws up typically the consequences are felt and Luffy gets seriously hurt. Ichigo on the other hand is a smart student and a dunce at fighting. When he screws up there is almost always somebody there to bail him out either a captain or a Fullbringer or a (insert plot convenient character). This lack of punishment pisses me off because I never see Ichigo learn anything. He just does some bullshit training where he fights some more and then does some bullshit one hit KO attack. Now it didn't use to ALWAYS be this way but now it is getting rather formulaic.

What else? Why do all the Fullbringers have boring STANDs? Eh, I wasn't a fan of this episode.

Space Dandy

You have a great booty. This episode was great and even the weird rubbery animation didn't turn me off from the glory that was on the screen. So...many...80s references. Anime freaks at the bottom of the totem pole. Great singing and line delivery. I could gush more about this episode but I don't want to wind up quoting the whole episode.

bigqhgjjc.gif

Naruto Shippuden
If it is one thing Naruto does well it is emotional scenes. Shippuden on the other hand...is hit or miss. The animation for this episode is non-existant at points (did Kakashi just teleport slap that seal on?) and Lady Chiyo mentions the resurrection jutsu and is conveniently dying just for the ending scene. The pieces weren't set up well for the climax and it reeks worst than Naruto's orange farts at the beginning of the episode.

Line of dialogue that perfectly encapsulates how poorly paced this series is: Jiraya to Kakashi: '...don't let Naruto go beyond 1 tail, it may already be too late'

*Kakashi watches as Naruto SLOWLY gets his second tail and ponders if he should use the seal*

One Piece

We have one pissed off Luffy punching a bunch of dudes. We are introduced to the courtyard of Enies Lobby via diagrams, we meet 3 more members of CP9 (Yoyoi! Chapapapa!). Sure it is set up but at least it flows well and we are moving at a decent pace still. Final ending! After this maybe we can actually have more time for a full opening? :(

Blue Exorcist

Rin and Yukio and whoever created this episode, YOU SHOULD SLAP YOUR PARENTS. What the fucking fuck did I just watch. Did the mom sleep with a wolf? Why is he blowing up the school? Why does Rin need to be sacrificed if Yukio is willing to help/could be sacrificed much easier? SATAN ISN'T SUCH A BAD GUY IF YOU GET TO KNOW HIM. Oh Satan you are so kawaii~ Why is the mom 14? WHY IS SHE GIVING BIRTH TO TWINS? How was it the cardinal's fault the mom died during childbirth? Wait so Satan is evil again?

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGIBOAIVBIW4814812-4FNABF92NFON@P*!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_inline_mqhj1iqVts1qz4rgp.gif

Beware the Batman

After last episode I was exhausted. Batman still sucks. Katana is still a much better fighter. The dialogue is cheesy but it is a kids show. The action is decent and Shiny Shiny. Candy brand Candy. I agree with Metatron. The show is aggressively mediocre.

Black Lagoon

A nice set up episode with some cute moments with Revy and meeting several key characters for the upcoming mega arc. I loved every moment with Revy and the kids since it reflected a lot on her. I hope we have more development for Rock who has been a glorified background character the whole series.

Clone Wars

More diplomacy and a Padme episode. Predictable and boring as shit and the action is sub par. Hopefully things will improve for such a low for the series.

Samurai Jack

A comedy episode but less off the wall than Jack is Naked and little to no action. It even cut away before we saw Jack beatdown the bad guys. Nice depiction of little kids though. Another meh episode.

Ranking Time!

Bootylicious tier:
Space Dandy
Black Lagoon
One Piece

YOU SHOULD SLAP YOUR PARENTS tier:
Attack on Titan
Beware the Batman
Bleach
Samurai Jack
Clone Wars
Shippuden
Blue ExorWTF

Seda

I'm still not sure if AoT is supposed to be taken seriously or not.

I mean, our main protagonist yelled that "the outside world is his birthright" and his dream world turned into flames!

Gorillaz

Woke up today still stunned that I watched a show that tried to tell me Satan was a good guy because he hooked up with some underage chick and she was having his baby. Felt it was an episode of Maury

Beware the Abyssman was perfect as usual, the running animations of the catgirl chick rival Pixar in animation. Pretty great if I must say so myself.

So much money spent on that Dandy animation tho, Summer of Watanabe still going strong

Black Lagoon wise, it's my favorite arc in the series, it's one of the more 'focused' storylines and looking back on it feels like it was turning point for the series where they started to juggle story and action on the same level pretty well. 1 down and 5 to go in the arc and season 2 sadly.

Missed AoT but it sounds like not much happened, Skipped Shipp,One Piece (i'll start watching this week), Seeing Bebop's old ass was alright.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Woke up today still stunned that I watched a show that tried to tell me Satan was a good guy because he hooked up with some underage chick and she was having his baby. Felt it was an episode of Maury

Beware the Abyssman was perfect as usual, the running animations of the catgirl chick rival Pixar in animation. Pretty great if I must say so myself.

So much money spent on that Dandy animation tho, Summer of Watanabe still going strong

Black Lagoon wise, it's my favorite arc in the series, it's one of the more 'focused' storylines and looking back on it feels like it was turning point for the series where they started to juggle story and action on the same level pretty well. 1 down and 5 to go in the arc and season 2 sadly.

Missed AoT but it sounds like not much happened, Skipped Shipp,One Piece (i'll start watching this week), Seeing Bebop's old ass was alright.

Umm, did you miss the part where Satan used the long con on that poor girl in order to make his perfect vessel to take over the mortal world?

Gorillaz

Umm, did you miss the part where Satan used the long con on that poor girl in order to make his perfect vessel to take over the mortal world?

Possibly

there were too many plots to follow they all can't get attention, too many yugiohs to deal with right now

Well, I blanked out before Black Lagoon. 3 AM is just too much for me nowadays I guess.

Attack on Titan
Pacing issues abound! Seriously though, not much really happened so eh.
Space Dandy
BOOTY! Amazing episode. 80s references and HSM parodies everywhere! The animation was top notch tonight too.
One of the best episodes tonight.
One Piece
Good setup episode for what's to come soon and a nice recap episode for those that have missed a few episodes. I'm excited for it.

Good night overall from what I saw. Will catch up on Black Lagoon later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, most of the reactions from the biggest freakout moment from last night's Blue Exorcist

Awwww, it's just a story of Beauty & the Beast, guys.

.........the beast being FREAKIN' SATAN.
THIS ALL DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE
this is really silly
You're the lord of the god damn underworld and you don't understand death
Are they fucking kidding me?
so she fucked a wolf
Yuri litterally got it on with Satan. How is that possible
KuGsj.gif
SATAN DOESN'T KNOW WHAT DEATH IS

WHAT

WHAT IS HAPPENING
This is the best thing ever. THEY ARE ACTUALLY TRYING TO MAKE SATAN SYMPATHETIC
WHAT.

SATAN DOESN'T KNOW LIFE & DEATH.

WHAT. SATAN, YOU THE GUY THAT TORTURES PEOPLE WHEN THEY DIE.

WHAT.

ALSO, HOW DID SHE GET SATAN'S SPERM, FROM THE WOLF?!?!?
"Use my body" "Enjoy our world" "Let Satan into your body?"

Whoa now show...don't wanna say high to the FBI.

"I'm pregnant with his child..."

Whelp
HOW DOES SATAN NOT KNOW THIS STU-
Hahahahahahhahah did she do a wolf
I'm pretty sure Satan knows all about life and death very well.
*BARFS ALL OVER THE PLACE*
I'm like Yugi's Dad....The Hell....
Satan was just misunderstood y'all! He's really a cool guy!
trying to follow all these plots

where are we at
Oh my god, I can't stop laughing, that is one of the corniest things I have ever seen, and that covers some ground.
What what what what what what what what what what what
......this show needs to be studied for how any plot threads it is pulling out of its ass at once.
WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHATWHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHATWHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHATWHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHATWHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom